The online racing simulator
Live For Slicks - Round 1 Race Discussion
Quite a neat track on slicks eh?

Just a little question regarding the rules, I can understand from them that R1 tyres are banned from 'race' competition, does this rule apply for qualifying as well?

Tbh R1's should be fun to have in Q....

But admins call
#2 - Ring
Quote from Dennis93 :Quite a neat track on slicks eh?

Just a little question regarding the rules, I can understand from them that R1 tyres are banned from 'race' competition, does this rule apply for qualifying as well?

But admins call

R1 tyres is alowed only for quallify.
R1 is banned for race ,u can use all other slicks without R1.
Quote from Ring :R1 tyres is allowed only for qualify.
R1 is banned for race, you can use all other slicks than R1.

Thanks for clarifications.
Quote from Dennis93 :Quite a neat track on slicks eh?

But admins call

Sorry if this ends up coming across as rude (because that's not the intention), but we have really stressed the crap out of this during after the test race. R1-R4 tyres allowed for Qualifying, R1 tyres are banned from the Race(s).
The obvious reason R1 tyres got banned was because they couldn't last a race distance.

So I'll recap this again:
Qualifying - R1, R2, R3 and R4 compounds allowed.
Race(s) - R2, R3 and R4 compounds allowed.

This is as clear as it gets, and I'll ask Matt to copy this to the rulebook because the tyre info there does still sound a bit confusing.

By the way, thanks for saving me some work by creating this thread, Dennis
Its quite clear that it says r1 is only banned in race
R1 Tyre compound is banned from race competition

Is qualifying not a race competition? it surely is a competition as you have to compete for the best time.

Might just be me who's not understanding but probably should say R1 tyres are banned during the actual race session.
Qualifying is considered qualifying not a race... If you cannot understand it dennis you must not have read the rules carefully enough, of course I could be wrong and will review the wording tonight
Quote from Mustangman759 :Qualifying is considered qualifying not a race... If you cannot understand it dennis you must not have read the rules carefully enough, of course I could be wrong and will review the wording tonight

I checked said wording, and it still sounds confusing...we might as well just go with what I said in bold in my previous post here, which leaves the tyre rules as clear as they can be.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Qualifying is considered qualifying not a race... If you cannot understand it dennis you must not have read the rules carefully enough, of course I could be wrong and will review the wording tonight

for once I actually checked the rules to see this before I asked.

SINCE I was still confused, I thought I was in perfect position to ask for clarification. Somehow logically and rationally it feels like it's not CLEAR enough if one who speaks and understands English fluently, does not understand the rules 100%..
I agree with Dennis.
Quote from Dennis93 :for once I actually checked the rules to see this before I asked.

SINCE I was still confused, I thought I was in perfect position to ask for clarification. Somehow logically and rationally it feels like it's not CLEAR enough if one who speaks and understands English fluently, does not understand the rules 100%..

I reread what I wrote in the rules. It is clear enough, as you seem to be the only person considering qualifying a race competition. Although In the thread I added exactly what can and cannot be used, there is no reason to revise the rulebook at this time just because of you having a different definition of what a race is. im not going to add a glossary so please use common sense once in a while when determining meanings of obvious definitions.
The stream is looking good. Not too many fancy effects, but we should have a frenchman and a lithuanian in the box!
Change the track back perhaps?
Quote from Dennis93 :Change the track back perhaps?

Ill take a look when i get home, was the layout changed or entire track?
Quote from Mustangman759 :Ill take a look when i get home, was the layout changed or entire track?

all cars allowed suddenly, track is BL1, so yes entire track is changed impos. for users to change.
thanks Dennis, I fixed it now
Can u please remove the added tyre stacks in the 1st corner! 1 Slight hit will cause suspension damage.

There is no point in them being there in the 1st place.... if u cut there u will bounce and lose time anyway...
we have slightly adjusted T1 accordingly, that will be the final race layout
Why were R1's banned for the race? If they can't last a full race distance who would be stupid enough to use them anyway?
Quote from BlueFlame :Why were R1's banned for the race? If they can't last a full race distance who would be stupid enough to use them anyway?

You've just answered your own question...and that's what the test race was for. Don't be thinking that we're starting the season without any notion of the tyres' behaviour (even though the extra grip making the cars easier to roll is out of our control)
My point is it's an oxymoron to ban something that's of no use to a competitor, almost like banning max dampers or stupidly high ride height.

I wasn't suggesting that you guys don't realize R1 won't make race distance.
Quote from BlueFlame :My point is it's an oxymoron to ban something that's of no use to a competitor, almost like banning max dampers or stupidly high ride height.

It's not worth the trouble of people running out of talent and endanger your race, Jake.
Quote from Dennis93 :It's not worth the trouble of people running out of talent and endanger your race, Jake.

Quote from BlueFlame :My point is it's an oxymoron to ban something that's of no use to a competitor, almost like banning max dampers or stupidly high ride height.

Hey, you never know. Someone may pit under yellow after being crashed and damaged and pop some r1's on.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Hey, you never know. Someone may pit under yellow after being crashed and damaged and pop some r1's on.

Doesn't matter. On AS3R you are maybe 3-4/10's quicker than R2's for 1 lap and then the tyres are toast.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG