The online racing simulator
Short Course 150 Qualifying Procedure Discussion
It has been decided that for the Short Course 150 (the final round of the 2012 World TBO Championship Series) we need to utilize a special kind of qualifying procedure due to the short nature of the race course and quantity of competitors. This change will only effect this race.

Discussion on possible solutions may be made here
I said it before the season starts, ages ago when you pmd everyone asking for opinions on the series...but surely AS1 isnt an ideal track to use, especially for a potentially championship deciding round? I guess it is too late to change that now as the car choices etc have all already been made. Also 4 minutes is too short imo, I know you dont want it to drag on but surely there has to be a better way of doing it. Of course the problem wouldnt even be there if you werent using a decent track for an event of this type. At the end of the day its the same for everyone, but it just seems to me to be the wrong place in the calendar to try something wacky.
Or you could just use the good old hotlap qualifying...
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth : Stupid thing
Official Change: The qualification window has been opened to 5 min, the lap limit has been removed and jump to pit has been allowed.
Quote from IsaacPrice :I said it before the season starts, ages ago when you pmd everyone asking for opinions on the series...but surely AS1 isnt an ideal track to use, especially for a potentially championship deciding round? I guess it is too late to change that now as the car choices etc have all already been made. Also 4 minutes is too short imo, I know you dont want it to drag on but surely there has to be a better way of doing it. Of course the problem wouldnt even be there if you werent using a decent track for an event of this type. At the end of the day its the same for everyone, but it just seems to me to be the wrong place in the calendar to try something wacky.

One person's opinion was not enough to alter the schedule. To date you are the only person who has said anything negative about it. Had others voiced their concerns prior to registrations opening things would have been different at this time. It's a track that can be used only by the slower cars of LFS and TBO is on the top end of that scale.

Personally, I don't think it will be an issue. As the race is only scheduled to last around 1:15 rather than 1:25 like the rest we are going to push the start time to 17:00 from 16:45 and allow more time for each group to get in qualifying times. The smaller group of cars on the track will allow for a fairer qualification despite the limited amount of time. All competitors are placed under the same amount of pressure. The only real problem at this track that doesn't exist else where will be lap vehicles in the race after this change, and the administration will take a hard stand on that especially for this race. Blackwood only laps in around 30 more seconds and that was our most exciting and fair event last year in my opinion. TBO's are built for racing on smaller tracks so I placed another on the schedule. If this race and Blackwood go as planned I'll likely move more of our events to shorter tracks for 2013, but if I'm proved wrong we'll revisit that analysis when drawing up the 2013 schedule.

The excitement level should be up for a championship deciding race, and AS1 will provide even more excitement while still providing fair, quality racing action through the field. I see no reason why it wouldn't
You asked for opinions, you got 1. If you disagree then that's fine, I just think you should wait longer to get peoples opinions. I think the 10 minute q with half drivers is a better idea than what you have chosen. Also its not like someone has spoke up since I posted here and disagree'd with me either. I'm not saying they won't/I am right, just maybe wait a bit for people to put an opinion. The race is ages away . For the record, even though I don't like the track I think its too late to change it once you decide restrictions and start the season, it isnt the length which is the issue, its more the nature of the track encouraging contact to pass rather than clean moves. I don't want the season to end in tears, if it was earlier in the season it would be a "unique challenge" perhaps.
Only just seen this, I must say I don't like the idea of AS1 been the deciding round, I just think its too short and like Isaac said it just encourages dive bombs etc. You should have chosen FE3r, that could be fun
Although actually, atleast if I can close up a little in the champ I can qualify behind you and Niki for the final round, wait for you to take each other out and then win! :bananalla

wishful thinking to the max maybe.
Or you can qualify behind Joe again and not forever wait whilst I'm blocking him and dive him. So I can make Alonso-like gap in championship. :bannana_g
Well, if I qualified behind Joe that would be fine I could attack in lap 1. My problem has been I have qualified 4th, not 3rd or better. But tbh, so far this season I havent had the pace to make a move worthwhile, hopefully that changes. After last race I would be happy to win a race or 2 and then see if that makes it closer. Also, if you have an "Alonso lead" that means I will Grosjean you like I did to poor Elton last year at BL1
ohhh I can't help but laugh, still I wonder how da hell Mikko outqualified u.. u gotta do something, he's dangerous, I can't have him behind me, the midrace grosjean fat-mod.
Nah, he is the total opposite to Grosjean. Grosjean always smiles and Mikko is always frowning . And yeah, I failed over 9000% in as7r q.
Well lucky for you both I won't be here for BL1 round so can you both Grosjean each other please
Quote from IsaacPrice :You asked for opinions, you got 1. If you disagree then that's fine, I just think you should wait longer to get peoples opinions. I think the 10 minute q with half drivers is a better idea than what you have chosen. Also its not like someone has spoke up since I posted here and disagree'd with me either. I'm not saying they won't/I am right, just maybe wait a bit for people to put an opinion. The race is ages away . For the record, even though I don't like the track I think its too late to change it once you decide restrictions and start the season, it isnt the length which is the issue, its more the nature of the track encouraging contact to pass rather than clean moves. I don't want the season to end in tears, if it was earlier in the season it would be a "unique challenge" perhaps.

Comments noted

I was saying that your 1 opinion wasn't enough to remove the race from the schedule earlier this year, but the schedule had plenty of time to be commented on by others and nothing was said. It is too late to change the race on the schedule due to car selections.

I'm looking into 15 min groups as a possible alternative to this. It may work better anyways should more than 30 competitors be present, but we'll have to see. The series administration will discuss this at length following the Blackwood 200 and make an official announcement as soon as possible

Thread will remain open for discussion, but nothing here is official as of yet.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG