The online racing simulator
2012 World TBO Championship Series General Discussion
The series enterance exam has been simplified. Users now may either post a SPR of them hotlapping just one lap beneath 103% of WR or they may upload a hotlap within 103% of WR to LFSWorld and simply state which track in which they did this upon registration.

Hopefully this will simplify the process and take away some of the time which would have been required in order to compete.

General discussion may be made here with regarded to registration, points standings, predictions, and discussion on rounds which do not yet have a discussion thread (such as round 4 prior to round #3's occurance).
whats wrong with prequal
2012 General Discussion
General discussion may be made here with regarded to registration, points standings, predictions, and discussion on rounds which do not yet have a discussion thread (such as round 4 prior to round #3's occurance).
#5 - Sobis
I don't know Cameron... Even this simplified enterance exam will still "remove" many racers because of lazyness. I agree with Fwanky. Pre-qual would be better option.
I'll put it to the court of public opinion. Comments welcome. I put it in place in order to remove most of the people who wouldn't take the league seriously, but that thinking may be flawed. (I also might have under estimated interest and the size of the LFS community)
just do 107% rule like in F1. but 104% instead. anyone out it cant race.
are you crazy? doing events at around 4-5pm? sorry a lot of people have jobs, that dont finish untill 5:30pm in the UK, so im afraid you might be missing some cars on the grid :dunce:
Quote from xtraction :are you crazy? doing events at around 4-5pm? sorry a lot of people have jobs, that dont finish untill 5:30pm in the UK, so im afraid you might be missing some cars on the grid :dunce:

Quote from xtraction :Entry Number: 57
Driver Name: Sean Lyddon
LFS World: xtraction
Nation: England
Team Affiliation: Team Vires
Car Selection: XRT

*Im signing up with hopes you will actually make a successful event, but i know that you will have some sort of excuse for "Cancelling" the series.

Are you 1) Retarded or 2) Sure you want to run in this league, your slagging it off without driving and tbh I think the minority work sundays at that time, so it shouldnt be a problem. He runs events at a weird start time yeah, but thats not something new with his events and he cant run them at a better time due to irl stuff either. Its just the way it is, I dont think its that bad and isnt going to stop many people racing.

Sundays generally arent great for me, clashes with iRacing F1 SoF races but might run a couple of races for boredom. Hoping there will be enough interest to make it a fun league
Quote from xtraction :are you crazy? doing events at around 4-5pm (E:especially on week days)? sorry a lot of people have jobs, that dont finish untill 5:30pm in the UK, so im afraid you might be missing some cars on the grid :dunce:

All events take place on Sunday, and the start of qualifying was moved back only a half an hour from last year in which there were minimal attendance issues.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Are you 1) Retarded or 2) Sure you want to run in this league, your slagging it off without driving and tbh I think the minority work sundays at that time, so it shouldnt be a problem. He runs events at a weird start time yeah, but thats not something new with his events and he cant run them at a better time due to irl stuff either. Its just the way it is, I dont think its that bad and isnt going to stop many people racing.

Sundays generally arent great for me, clashes with iRacing F1 SoF races but might run a couple of races for boredom. Hoping there will be enough interest to make it a fun league

Woah, hold on. I'm going to stop this before it gets too much further. I beleive that he is mistaking myself for another American member of the forums who also ran a TBO league.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1727660#post1727660
okay, i was mistaken for a few things :|
Quote from xtraction :okay, i was mistaken for a few things :|

No harm done . Moving this to the general discussion so that there's no confusion about weekday races
Quote from Cornys :Then I may be wrong, but I spell canceled with one "L" (correct either way by way: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/canceled)

He also wasn't involved in the LX series discussion like he was Edge's series.

i dont think anyone was making a critique on your grammar, just your track record with leagues.
aslong as you dont not show up because "ur dog" ran away exactly 10secs before race then i dont care. it will be fun.
Quote from Bmxtwins :i dont think anyone was making a critique on your grammar, just your track record with leagues.

It's been spotty, [RN]'s track record that is. The World TBO Championship Series 2011 was a great success, then the LX World Championships failed due to poor planning and a selfish schedule that kept drivers from being well practiced (a race every week with LX4 & 6 on the same day with a short break ). The 2nd Annual IndyCar 250 went well and the Kyoto 400 went well this February in it's first running.

The Rallycross Shootout Series was a great success as well (that which just ended). A few small oval events in which all drivers were permitted to participate failed due to being almost 50% under caution (2 races in fact), but the Oval 50 (our third small oval race) went well once I restricted competitors following those failures. The Kyoto 400 only had 5 yellow flags in 216 laps including a 120 lap green flag run and was a great success: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1687229#post1687229

Learning how to administrate an oval race (while keeping the on-track action from resembling a Figure 8 race ) for the RN team was a challenge and it was a great learning experience. It was my experiance with oval racing the prompted the "Series Enterence Exam" that I have since removed for this series. I was treating it like an oval series and wanted to make sure that problem drivers would remain out of the series. I forget that in road racing slow and dangerous drivers are not as big of an issue. The 106% of race pace rule in the [RN] Rulebook (5.8.1) should keep them from being an issue on a road course anyways. I think we are ready for just about anything you competitors can throw at us at this point. This will be our first true test since the Kyoto 400 however, which was mostly ignored by the base of the LFS Community due to the fact that it was a non-NDR oval race

That is our track record. No bones about it, we've made mistakes. We have minimized them and we are moving on. I believe that most competitors are happy with how our events run. With, as always, a few exceptions. We always take suggestions. We run events for the community of LFS, and we do our best to keep all you guys happy. No matter how impossible that task becomes
Good read
Are we still going to have rolling starts with that ridiculous gridding, or you can do that in the lfs menu with pace car up front, where you actually call all the drivers to join the track after quali has ended so everyone inherits their quali position and you just add Pace car then. And is overtaking allowed as soon as green flag drops on race starts with double rows grid?
Also, is there any mandatory pit-stops or pit-windows.

I ask these questions because I don't see the rulebook for this season.
All events of RN i have participated in in the past, I have noticed that the admins are basically push overs and people are chatting and etc and telling them how to run the event on the server. That's what I mean by your track record as an admin. I dont care about safety cars, thats the responsibility of the drivers to not bring them out. I am just not convinced that this is going to be any better organized as the past events, but ill watch first round and maybe join in if i think otherwise.
Quote from N I K I :Are we still going to have rolling starts with that ridiculous gridding, or you can do that in the lfs menu with pace car up front, where you actually call all the drivers to join the track after quali has ended so everyone inherits their quali position and you just add Pace car then. And is overtaking allowed as soon as green flag drops on race starts with double rows grid?
Also, is there any mandatory pit-stops or pit-windows.

I ask these questions because I don't see the rulebook for this season.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76757

2012 World TBO Championship Series General Discussion
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG