The online racing simulator
Cup Series - Suggestion Thread
Say what you will, this thread is only to those who would actually be interested in an oval legaue. Anything off of this topic in this thread will be removed or edited out.

I'm looking for ideas on how to properly run an oval league. I have no worries about the quality of this series due to the license system that we will employ. All events which we have used it to restrict entry to date have been relativly caution free, including the Inaugural (2012) Kyoto 400 which only had 5 cautions and a 120 lap green flag run through the middle of the event.

Suggestions for the Realistic NASCAR Cup Series may be made here
Me and Cawwa really liked your KY400 event, so I think you could count us in in this league. The more ovals, the more fun
Due to my lazy updating on lfsforum.net I missed KY500 this year ... man I was soooo mad at myself then
I'm up for that! Allthough i dont see why u want to include a road event there, maybe swap it for some autocross event for example on this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNPH_IZgh0

Also i'd like to do some different cars, like xrg, xrt, xrr, fox, fo8, alltough i probably would sign up anyhow.

And u should send all license holders a pm when sign up starts, that would be a 1st step to get a good field.
Quote from ChristijaNL :I'm up for that! Allthough i dont see why u want to include a road event there, maybe swap it for some autocross event for example on this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNPH_IZgh0

Also i'd like to do some different cars, like xrg, xrt, xrr, fox, fo8, alltough i probably would sign up anyhow.

And u should send all license holders a pm when sign up starts, that would be a 1st step to get a good field.

Check the schedule now . Here's what I was thinking. This is free for competitors to pick through of course

2013 Realistic NASCAR Cup Series
Round 1 – Horsepower 200 - 108 laps at KY1 - FZ5 - December 2, 2012 - 15:00 GMT
Round 2 – IndyCar 250 - 135 laps at KY1 - FO8 - January 6, 2013 - 15:00 GMT
Round 3 – Kyoto 400+ - 216 laps at KY1 - XRR - February 10, 2013 - 16:00 GMT
Round 4 – Fern Bay 150 - 150 laps at F24 - XRT - March 3, 2013 - 15:00 GMT
Round 5 – Sonic Fast 350 - 189 laps at KY1 - BF1 - April 21, 2013 - 14:00 GMT
Round 6 – Roadster 175 - 95 laps at KY1 - LX6 - May 19, 2013 - 14:00 GMT

+KY400 qualifying day on January 20th at 16:00 GMT
You crush me not making the F24 race with XRT.

Too much slicks (IMO).
Quote from PMD9409 :You crush me not making the F24 race with XRT.

Too much slicks (IMO).

The XRR would be too fast anyways (and liked to flip in turn #1 too easily) the more I think about it.

Schedule changed accordingly
I would love to have such'n autocross Oval League race, if you doing that, you can count me in for sure!

Quote from ChristijaNL :I'm up for that! Allthough i dont see why u want to include a road event there, maybe swap it for some autocross event for example on this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNPH_IZgh0

If u boot any ky1 race , pls let it be the lx6 round

I still like the autocross raceway park best followed by Cumberland , but why not do both ;-)

Or this with XRT's :P

It was quite fun when it was run in the Autocross Oval Madness but the cars are bouncing a bit more, and also you have to be careful not to go beyond the outside edge, it can cause some trouble.

It can probably be fixed by adding ramps to the outside rotated 180 degrees all around the track, although they already are there on the finish straight.

Just an idea
Yes, please.
Quote from Flame CZE :

Or this with XRT's :P

It was quite fun when it was run in the Autocross Oval Madness but the cars are bouncing a bit more, and also you have to be careful not to go beyond the outside edge, it can cause some trouble.

It can probably be fixed by adding ramps to the outside rotated 180 degrees all around the track, although they already are there on the finish straight.

Just an idea

You provide a properly closed layout and I'll run an XRT race on it
oval = im in... if license is good enough
Nationwide 200 has been changed to FZ5. Too many open wheelers (and slicks as well, I'll agree)

Also, if anybody could close the banked oval on autocross so that cars won't fly off of the side I'll run an event on it in the season and get rid of an event currently on the schedule
Looks Awsome! I'm in regardless of what tracks.
I'm in, plenty of time to prepare for it.
Oval
Hi all,
Meaby we create a some league on OVAL ?

First race 60r FXR
Secend race 120r FXR
Third race 160r FXR
Quote from Konrad102 :Hi all,
Meaby we create a some league on OVAL ?

First race 60r FXR
Secend race 120r FXR
Third race 160r FXR

this is an oval league -___-''
And why do you even want oval? You can't use it anyway...
Updated Schedule. This is subject to being picked apart and far from official. Slicks have largly been abandonded outside of our 2 traditional races and the BF1 which should be a 2-3 pit stop affair. Feedback is appreciated

2013 Realistic NASCAR Cup Series
Round 1 – Horsepower 200 - 108 laps at KY1 - FZ5 - December 2, 2012 - 15:00 GMT
Round 2 – IndyCar 250 - 135 laps at KY1 - FO8 - January 6, 2013 - 15:00 GMT
Round 3 – Kyoto 400+ - 216 laps at KY1 - XRR - February 10, 2013 - 16:00 GMT
Round 4 – Fern Bay 150 - 150 laps at F24 - XRT - March 3, 2013 - 15:00 GMT
Round 5 – Sonic Fast 350 - 189 laps at KY1 - BF1 - April 21, 2013 - 14:00 GMT
Round 6 – Roadster 175 - 95 laps at KY1 - LX6 - May 19, 2013 - 14:00 GMT
Is FE24 that little dirt oval thingy that came with the new maps?
Yes it is!
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Is FE24 that little dirt oval thingy that came with the new maps?

Well, it's actually a quarter mile paved oval, but yeah, I think that's what you mean . We'll likely limit that race to 24 competitors by the way, but don't take that as official.
You should do that dirt oval with XRG that was made by Krompuss (IIRC) it was epic.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG