The online racing simulator
Launch Control & RevLimiter InSim v0.6R!
(296 posts, started , go to first unread)
Quote :
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/.

Current Version: v0.6R
Hey guys, I've created an InSim app that features a RevLimiter AND Launch Control!!

Yes you read it correctly, This app gives any car in LFS a fully customizable launch control system!
And the best thing about this app, You'll never have to leave or minimize LFS to enable or change any settings as its ALL done via the InSim GUI :cool:

You can control at what rpm the launch control holds the RPM, Plus the amount of RPM Drop and also max delay. The whole insim gui can be moved around the screen to suit your needs.
Everything is saved into a file and automatically loaded upon start of the app Smile

Default UI:

Settings UI:

Minimized UI:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build: 0.1
Added server control blacklist - Allows server owners to block the application from being used on their server Smile
Added aility to hide the InSim GUI.

Build: 0.2
Replaced the date/time restrictions with build numbers. Now only the current build will be allowed to work.
Added a command that can be used to bind the launch control enable button to any key!
Use commands: /o launch as a bind Smile
Pressing that bind when your car is stopped with enable/disable launch control.

Build: 0.3
Replaced server blacklist with whitelist - More piece of mind for server owners Thumbs up
Now all servers are blocked apart from the ones on the whitelist. Only server owners may be allowed to add their server to the list. Contact me for more info Smile

Added commands to increase or decrease the LaunchRPM by 100.
Use commands: /o launch+ and /o launch-

Re-written the code for getting user speed, Now done by insim.
Doing so has fixed the bugs with FXR, FZR and others with launch control not disabling after launching Smile

Build: 0.4
New launch control system which moves the redline to the launch RPM to keep it more stable Thumbs up
Added adjustment of Redline and Idle RPM's of all cars.
Added adjustment of which the launch control turns off at Smile

Build: 0.6E
Updated to support the latest patch 0.6E.
Removed support for older patches, Will only work with the latest.
Decided to skip v0.5 release and call it 0.6E to avoid confusion and make it obvious which version of LFS it is for Thumbs up
Launch Control can now only be enabled when the car is stopped, engine running and at idle rpm.
Probably some things that I forgot since last release.
(Note: If you receive an unhandled exception, Run the exe with XP SP3 Compatibility)

Build: 0.6E1
Changed to RPM limited when using launch control, a lot more stable Smile
More anti-bypass methods = more secure.

Build: 0.6R
The long awaited update: Now working with the latest patch.. 0.6R
Disabled and removed all previous builds. Providing backward compatibility with each update is just getting rather messy in the source code. It'll now be limited to the latest build, which at the moment is 0.6R.

Note as of 6N you may see the following message;
"InSim : version 0 requested - using 6"
This is nothing to worry about, it's simply because I'm still using my old build of LFS_External and hasn't been updated to support the new InSim features so I cannot specify the InSim version so it defaults to 0 and LFS falls back to Version 6.
I may update LFS_External to support the latest, if I can find the old source code as its actually obsolete and shouldn't actually work but I've kept it going since the last time InSim was updated and broke the library lol Shrug

Quote :
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/.

Download Now: See Attachments.
Donations are very very much appreciated and will be rewarded with more programs for LFS sooo PM me here if you wish to buy me a beer Taped Shut
I ask that no mirrors are created for this program, I give no permissions to create them, Any found will be asked to be removed by myself. Thank youThumbs up

YouTube Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1NNWrAX014
Attached files
LFSLaunchControl-6R.zip - 185.4 KB - 239 views
Quote from DavidTiger :
[Also this app features SERVER CONTROL which allows server owners to disable this app to be used in their servers]
[Server owners, Please contact me via PM to see about adding your servers to the blacklist, Thanks]

Hello, as this app will give drivers an advantage over non-users, is it possible to create a whitelist of servers who allow this mod (as opposed to a blacklist of those who don't)?

The average host shouldn't have to go in to the trouble of contacting you to add their host to the blacklist. They should be able to keep their server(s) fair easily. Server owners who haven't come across this might not be aware that drivers are using this to gain an advantage...

If drivers do want to use this app in a particular server - they should ask the host to get in touch with you add to the whitelist, if they agree to allow it.

Just my :twocents: to keep LFS's pick-up racing fair...
Yeah, I have thought about doing it that way and adding cruise servers by default but I need to get Mark to change the api from blacklist to whitest and probably do that for next release
V0.3 Change List:
Replaced server blacklist with whitelist - More piece of mind for server owners
Now all servers are blocked apart from the ones on the whitelist. Only server owners may be allowed to add their server to the list. Contact me for more info

Added commands to increase or decrease the LaunchRPM by 100.
Use commands: /o launch+ and /o launch-

Re-written the code for getting user speed, Now done by insim.
Doing so has fixed the bugs with FXR, FZR and others with launch control not disabling after launching

Download from the first post!
V0.2 will no longer work
Alright, I've updated the UI to keep it slim

By default it will look like this:

With the config open - the small C button:

And by pressing the 'M' you minimize the UI to just 2 buttons, that go to the upper right of the UI:

Download v0.31 on the first post.
V0.3 will fail to open
Great addon David, really easy to use and get working.

Works great with the FXO at 3,500rpm, sounds great!
Key assignments..
Hey DavidTiger!

First i'm so glad you finally made this awesome program and released it

My question is, how do I assign a key for the launch control on off? The commants /o launch doesn't seems to work with me Maybe it's me doing something wrong?

Best regards,
Niclas.
Am I doing something wrong? I made a new folder in LFS Folder and copied the files in there, is that the way to do it? Running on XP btw.

Attached images
error.png
Quote from niller :My question is, how do I assign a key for the launch control on off? The commants /o launch doesn't seems to work with me Maybe it's me doing something wrong?

The commands should work just by typing "/o launch" (without quotes) into the chat box. I use it in a bind on a button on my gamepad and it works fine
I may add hotkeys in the next version.
Note: Like the button, it will not work if your car is moving.

Quote from Impreza09 :Am I doing something wrong? I made a new folder in LFS Folder and copied the files in there, is that the way to do it? Running on XP btw.

Since I cannot read it, I'm going by the error 0xc0000135 which by googling means you need the .net framework installed. The application is compiled with .net 3.5. So you would need to install that, and 3.0 if you do not have that either.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21
Use that link to download it from M$

I also see that a few people have been trying to use it online in servers. If you wish to use it you need to get the server owner to contact me by PM here or on a server. You'll always find me on one of the Live to Cruise servers
Ahh thanks, just completely forgot about needing to have .net ... I just got my XP installed, so...
Quote :The commands should work just by typing "/o launch" (without quotes) into the chat box. I use it in a bind on a button on my gamepad and it works fine
I may add hotkeys in the next version.

Okay, but how do i assign a button on my G25 wheel after I typed the "/o launch" in the chat box?

Best Regards
Niclas.
Go in options and add it to there, then set a button for it like I have in the picture at Button 34

Attached images
Capture.PNG
Quote from DavidTiger :Replaced server blacklist with whitelist

Quote from niller :Okay, but how do i assign a button on my G25 wheel after I typed the "/o launch" in the chat box?

Hi, it can be assigned the usual way; go to LFS' Options > Controls > CTRL + (or ALT +).

Type in "/o launch" in for any keyboard function. For example, type "/o launch" next to CTRL + F10. Click on the corresponding right column (under wheel buttons) and press the button the wheel that you want to assign the launch function...
Quote from DavidTiger :Go in options and add it to there, then set a button for it like I have in the picture at Button 34

Thank you so much!!
-
(DavidTiger) DELETED by DavidTiger : See Next Post
New method of launch control coming in the next version!!
This new method doesn't use the ignition to control where the launch RPM is

In fact it moves, yes moves the redline of the car down to where the Launch RPM would be!
e.g: In FZ5 the Redline is around 8000RPM.. Like so:

Now with the Launch Control set at 5500RPM the redline will move to that!

It will reset back to default when you move/launch
Does the speedo text updates on real time? I'd find it funny xD
Yes the redline changes instantly, and works online without CPW etc
Quote from DavidTiger :Yes the redline changes instantly, and works online without CPW etc

Why change it? I like it better as it is now.. Can't see why this should be an improvement of this launch control?

In a real car the redline doesn't move, when the launch control is activated.. So why do it here? Users know when the launch control is on
Simply because its a better way of doing it in-game. Think of it not moving the redline but as like before just holding the RPM but this way its much more stable and holds the RPM perfectly with no glitches in RPM etc
In testing I find it works better to replicate a launch control system. You'll see later today if I manage to get it stable enough to release.
Next Release Preview

EDIT:
Yes you can change the redline or idle online, but remember this program will ONLY work on allowed servers and will NOT work on any server that is not in the whitelist. I believe this is a good enough security measure to allow this to be here
Also yeah you can increase the redline of any car but to be perfectly honest you wont gain much more top speed than before since the Power/BHP/Torque etc are all the same which makes going over the default redline pretty useless
It is there simply because I can, and it can be useful for limiting the cars speed.
Wonderful app as always David!

I'd like a setting where you can set at which speed the LC should disconnect itself, if u understand how i mean?
Yeah, I believe by default its 2 MPH but I'm sure I can add a setting to have it user changeable
@DavidTiger - if you move redline you can gain better top speed. Cars like LX6/FZ5 can go a little bit over default redline and go faster. It's not much, but always.
Already fixed, public version will not allow to set the redline over the default
You can move it as low as you want but will not go higher.

I've tested with multiple setups with lx6 fzr etc and you'd be lucky to gain 5mph by increasing the redline.

But remember this cannot be used on race servers, or any servers that are not on the whitelist
Quote from DavidTiger :Yeah, I believe by default its 2 MPH but I'm sure I can add a setting to have it user changeable

Great! If its possible that is.

(296 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG