The online racing simulator
Well I just offered my constructive criticism, I believe this has alot of potential.
One thing I didn't like was the fact chat was closed from when qualifying started all the way until race 2 ended - seemed like some Victorian School where you're there to learn and nothing else. Half the fun is chatting to people between races e.t.c.
Quote from J@tko :One thing I didn't like was the fact chat was closed from when qualifying started all the way until race 2 ended - seemed like some Victorian School where you're there to learn and nothing else. Half the fun is chatting to people between races e.t.c.

I like no chat between races. It means you can stay in the zone without getting distracted by other people.
Yeah, And if you finnish then that everybody don't stop @ middle of the road but going to the garage and making pitstop and then Shift+s ;p
Quote from BlueFlame :I like no chat between races. It means you can stay in the zone without getting distracted by other people.

Lol.
I never thought we would be THAT strict with the chat rules
Quote from Senninha25 :We're working on it. I wasn't here for Round 1 but looking at how things went by reading the threads, it seems to have gone a lot better than it did in the Test Round.

For Round 1 it was made clear to the entire Admin/Stream team that everyone had to focus on their own roles - no broadcasters getting in the admins' business and viceversa. Sometimes the drivers don't help either - all this from my experience at the Test Round. I won't draw any conclusions from Saturday because I wasn't there, but I can only assume that it was an all-around improvement over what happened a month ago.

We won't be able to iron out every single flaw from one race to another, but still...I think that you will able to notice improvements from race to race because even though the people here are no Dekos or Bens, they can still do a pretty good job - and I also think that if we somehow manage to convince Chris Ford to get on the commentary booth for us, we might just have the perfect league

I had my deko?
As for chat closed, i was pretty leniant... We started late so had to keep it flowing
#58 - CSF
Quote from Senninha25 :
We won't be able to iron out every single flaw from one race to another, but still...I think that you will able to notice improvements from race to race because even though the people here are no Dekos or Bens, they can still do a pretty good job - and I also think that if we somehow manage to convince Chris Ford to get on the commentary booth for us, we might just have the perfect league

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Though I was pretty impressed with you and Matt during GT2WS, so I don't see why you "need" anyone else now if you can maintain control!
Quote from CSF :Heh. Heh. Heh.

Though I was pretty impressed with you and Matt during GT2WS, so I don't see why you "need" anyone else now if you can maintain control!

The admin team is good now. The broadcasting team however still needs some mad talking skills, so people can stop cringing at the commentary.
#60 - CSF
Broadcasts should always be behind admins. NDR never did live broadcasting until deko had formed his brain properly and Jo53phs stopped talking in server. He always did highlights after the race. I think it worked well.
Broadcasts should never really be a priority. As said above the admin portion should always come first.

Sometimes our broadcasts for GT2WS for example was formed 30 minutes before the start of the race. Qualifying we didn't know until well... qualifying. Sometimes you just need more and more people, but that can also take away from who is interested in racing etc. Double edged sword really.
As you know, GT3 was never broadcasted much. I never put priority in a broadcast
Yo,

Whats up with your schedule?

Did you guys look at -TRR- calender and planned all the events on our dates? Cause all the dates clash.
LLM forever hates you. xd
We planned all our dates so as not to 1. Go on for too long, and 2. Not to clash with any WTBO event. We didn't pay any attention to TRR events, sorry about that.

And Niki, keep LLM out of this.
Quote from rockclan :Yo,

Whats up with your schedule?

Did you guys look at -TRR- calender and planned all the events on our dates? Cause all the dates clash.

Sorry but I dont even think your events were on the calendar when they did each round so its your own fault for being too lazy to add them to the calendar
Quote from Mustangman759 :Sorry but I dont even think your events were on the calendar when they did each round so its your own fault for being too lazy to add them to the calendar

Ehm we have the calender on our website, and in the main topic of the series. Maybe I was indeed to lazy to add them to the LFS Forum calender where no1 looks.
Quote from rockclan :Maybe I was indeed to lazy to add them to the LFS Forum calender where no1 looks.

Since spdodatabase is down, then it's only proper calender what racers can use...

And tbh people are using it and it's working very well.
Quote from rockclan :Ehm we have the calender on our website, and in the main topic of the series. Maybe I was indeed to lazy to add them to the LFS Forum calender where no1 looks.

You were also too lazy to point it out when they announced their calendar here on LFSForum, or werent paying enough attention. But yeah if you don't give your league the publicity even for other people to know it exists to work around it, then that's your problem. I don't know why you're trying to organise these events. The obvious doesn't seem obvious to you, so it doesn't come naturally. Theres a lot of work to make an event good, and if you don't do it then it looks half arsed and you arent going to get the drivers. That's not trying to be harsh, but its just saying what everybody else probably thinks to some extent. AFAIK everyone looks on the LFSForum calendar for the checking to avoid clashing with races. Atleast I've always seen GenR events, Realistic Nascar events, NDR events and LLM events there and they're the ones who run semi decent or better events so...
Quote from IsaacPrice :You were also too lazy to point it out when they announced their calendar here on LFSForum, or werent paying enough attention.

Yet he signed up as #07 too
Once again, please keep LLM out of this...This is REVOLUTIONARY RACING (or RR for short), not Last Lap Motorsports. Even though about 100% of the people involved are from said team, LLM has never organised any event, and Revolutionary Racing is the separate entity that takes care of that. (and enters a BUS in a GT league every now and then, I know...)

Sorry for grammar/name whoring (I know I'm probably paying too much attention to this), but giving credit to LLM instead of RR for these events just feels wrong.

LLM - Races only
RR - Leagues only

There.
And the reason we don't call these LLM events is because there are other people that help us and we want to keep the door open to everybody to help, not just LLM members.
Quote from Bmxtwins :And the reason we don't call these LLM events is because there are other people that help us and we want to keep the door open to everybody to help, not just LLM members.

Now we're dragging this OT on for a bit too long, it was only a correction. Can we go back to discussing more important business now? :P
For Round 3 we are seriously thinking about making points only available if you finish at least 75% of the race distance(s). There were far too many ragequits on both Round 1 races, and that's something that can't be overlooked, like it was these last two weeks.

Live For Slicks - Suggestions and Discussion
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG