The online racing simulator
STD Championship 2012 - Round 3 (Official Results & Discussion)
Official Results from round 3:

Qualification - Server #1
Qualification - Server #2

Official Race Results

Thanks everyone for coming, hope to see you next round.
Also big thanks to Thilo Falkenberg for a great and interesting stream, Laurynas Matonis for helping to commentate the race, Ronalds Kronpušs for helping with the qualification and spdo racing for lending the server for qualification.
My apologies for race 2 start. Lag lap starts somehow went a lot better for me in both races. I think we should have no more lag laps because everyone finds out everyones moves and then gets really aggressive in real start and still noone changes places. :\
EDIT: I haven't seen any kind of lag trouble in any of the races so far. So it seams to me like lag lap is only doing harm.
Not really - You should see what was happening during the lag lap at the back, a mess, people dive bombing in T1 and crashing on the straights. On the real start its much more better (especially in sprint race) than it was on the lag starts. I make my opinion on most of the drivers and not on one case like you for example. Of course, you might say that people drive like that on purpose, because they know its a lag lap, but still, in sprint race its a good way to find out where ~ you have to brake to not hit others and it proved here.

And the server has had issues before, so I don't want to risk if there is a sudden lag etc., but the lag start is not only to check the lag obviously in this case.
Quote from andRo. :Not really - You should see what was happening during the lag lap at the back, a mess, people dive bombing in T1 and crashing on the straights. On the real start its much more better (especially in sprint race) than it was on the lag starts. I make my opinion on most of the drivers and not on one case like you for example. Of course, you might say that people drive like that on purpose, because they know its a lag lap, but still, in sprint race its a good way to find out where ~ you have to brake to not hit others and it proved here.

And the server has had issues before, so I don't want to risk if there is a sudden lag etc., but the lag start is not only to check the lag obviously in this case.

Alright, I was talking about top 10. But overall maybe its better, eh.
Unofficial results added.
Interesting race for me, so many demo/bl people and with the high 45kg balast I just hoped for top 10. Qualy was quick, only wanted to do 1 lap and manage to hit some 33.5 which was only good for p16
Sprint race was very much of a defending race, got into p13 or smthing and just defended like hell to try and hold it :P
Main race was much different, got a great start and by split 1 I was p7. Luckily for me I was behind the battling group and they was holding each other up so I managed to get a move on Pena to get p6. During some thinking I decided 'WTF, I don't want p6, I want p10 and get rid of these kg's' so I made my pit, let my team mate pass without any trouble (although he would have got past anyway I bet xD) and then coming up to the finish line I braked to let some guys past... Some tactical play :P
I'll see you next time!
Very bad race for me. Very pissed off some of the drivers behavior - getting constant hits to the rear or the side, and I losing positions. I wanted to have fun, but be sadly...
Quote from MuderGO[LT] :Very bad race for me. Very pissed off some of the drivers behavior - getting constant hits to the rear or the side, and I losing positions. I wanted to have fun, but be sadly...

X
Thanks god im not guy who write on forum every small incident/contact ( like some of u)
You do not understand and I'm not talking about you.
whoever made the crash at the start of 2nd race, thank you!
Have to agree with M.Runas
Little story of my race.
I did a good time in quali, not far from my pb. 1.33.34. P9 Really good for me.
Sprint Race : I started P9 and i just overtake the man in front of me in Lap 1 and just conserve my position all the race.
Main Race : I started in pole position because of reverse grid for Top 8. I did a really good race, didn't do mistakes and beat my pb. Mikko was fast as me so i had a lot of pressures but i didn't fail. I pitted in last lap. Perfect pit stop. And at the exit i see others just behind me and finish the lap in Leader.
It was a really good race for me. Nothing to say
I like the format of this event. All drivers have a chance to do a good results because i'm not a pro with this car so it's really good
Official race results added.
I think my ballast is wrong? I had 45kg, then 11th place or lower is -13kg so i should have 32kg?
Quote from kart-36 :I think my ballast is wrong? I had 45kg, then 11th place or lower is -13kg so i should have 32kg?

Your average finish might be 11th, but relative to other drivers it is not.
Quote from kart-36 :I think my ballast is wrong? I had 45kg, then 11th place or lower is -13kg so i should have 32kg?

Read the rules for once before you say something, it explains there, how it is being calculated.

And all I can say for your case is that for you were pretty unlucky that G.Luc got a penalty and 2 drivers had the same average position, otherwise you would have been 2 places lower and would have gotten -13kg.
As far as i am aware, 11th place OR lower in the average position gives -13kg, which is why i stopped at the line last race so i could get the -13kg. I have no idea why i have -7kg only, so it would be nice for this to be explained.

1st = 30kg
2nd = 20kg
3rd = 15kg
4th = 10kg
5th = 5kg
6th = -2kg
7th = -3kg
8th = -5kg
9th = -7kg
10th = -10kg
11th and lower = -13kg
Since there are 2 races, your position will be calculated as theoretical average position from both races.
(For example: If you finish 1st in sprint race and 5th in feature race, your position = 3rd = +15kg added for
the next round. If there are more than 1 driver with the same “average” position, both of them will get the
same ballast etc.)

EDIT: Your rules not mine, explains it here which is pretty clear to me. My average position was 11th, so therefore -13kg. Or am i missing something
Do I really need to explain a thing that is clearly seen in the table?

Well, anyway...your average finishing position is calculated and after that your position is being placed in a table in an order from smallest to highest average position and in whatever place you end up is what tells how much ballast is added in the end.

Its been like this for 3 rounds now, if you look how your and other driver ballast was added, it was also not added after an average finishing position 1, 2,3 etc.
Ok so you give me average of 11th. In the rules it says 11th or lower is -13kg. So why dont i have -13kg?
It says that in the rules... Im only going by YOUR RULES in the RULE BOOK, which is clearly not what your going from.
Oh, I see...don't worry, I will add it for you in the rules later on, thanks for making it clear for me. Too bad you didn't make this point when it was first started after round 1. (Well probably because you had an advantage over it then, but now since you don't, well, anyway)...Yes, I agree, my rules were not clearly and fully written, so thanks for noticing.

Now, problem solved.
Quote from andRo. :Oh, I see...don't worry, I will add it for you in the rules later on, thanks for making it clear for me. Too bad you didn't make this point when it was first started after round 1. (Well probably because you had an advantage over it then, but now since you don't, well, anyway)...Yes, I agree, my rules were not clearly and fully written, so thanks for noticing.

Now, problem solved.

So your going to change the rules now? So that i have to suffer with more KG after i planned it all out last round so i could have less?
Sure it makes sense to change it for the next race, but to do that now so that i lost out on my tactical race?
Not much of a good decision IMO...
Of course I won't change the rules, I will only write this one line in the rule book, that has been used for the first 3 rounds already. So, nothing changes, the rules will only be clearer written in the rule book, so that not only others, but you could also understand them.

And you didn't loose on your tactical move or whatever you had there, you are just talking crap now, you knew that positions are calculated like this ever since the first round, otherwise it makes no sense why you wouldn't have said that others are being given too much kgs for each round.

I know what you are trying to do now, but trust me, you your ballast and the rules will stay the same as it is and have been for the first 3 rounds.

I don't care if you think you have too much or not enough ballast, all drivers have the same rules as you, all drivers are being given ballast.
hahahahhaha, average finish 4th. Why couldn't you count the second race as if I finished last for this ballast thing...?
Quote from andRo. :Of course I won't change the rules, I will only write this one line in the rule book, that has been used for the first 3 rounds already. So, nothing changes, the rules will only be clearer written in the rule book, so that not only others, but you could also understand them.

And you didn't loose on your tactical move or whatever you had there, you are just talking crap now, you knew that positions are calculated like this ever since the first round, otherwise it makes no sense why you wouldn't have said that others are being given too much kgs for each round.

I know what you are trying to do now, but trust me, you your ballast and the rules will stay the same as it is and have been for the first 3 rounds.

I don't care if you think you have too much or not enough ballast, all drivers have the same rules as you, all drivers are being given ballast.

I just went by the rules, so i assumed getting an average of 11th would give me -13kg, so thats why I did, and now your telling me that i dont get that. Your just talking crap now. And if this is how its been for the first rounds (where your just giving any kg to any position) then clearly ive just not been paying attention. You've even said yourself the i got an average of 11th, so explain to me as simple as you can, why i dont get -13kg?

And i never said the ballast was too much, im just trying to make you realise that at some point you have made a mistake in this, weather it be in calculating my average position wrongly, or giving me the wrong deduction of kg's.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG