The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 400 Starting Grid & Pre-Race Discussion Thread
why #74 and #85 are in front of the grid?
Quote from Shakahl :why #74 and #85 are in front of the grid?

The front row is directly determined by qualifying.
#4 - Myros
Quote from Myros :I like it

Me to!
Will sure stay out of trouble in first laps (stay low, stay low, stay low ....) Just wanna thanks my wife for this, since she decided we should attend a dinner party instead me attending the Q session, which lead to Corny putting me in the last row at start
C U all next weekend in a great event
I wonder. Why am I 14th not 16th ?
Quote from F1 mainiac :I wonder. Why am I 14th not 16th ?

You can't be 16th as R.Suur didn't pitch, furthermore not 15th due to duel race positions - you puzzle it out, am to tired to think
Starting grid updated the show qualifying speeds
I hope you guys watched NASCAR's iRacing World Championship season opener from Daytona. They stayed caution free for the first 60 laps (the stream died at my end on lap 62)!!! So can we get an agreement? You racers are keeping the race green, and I keep the stream alive?

Of course, racing a NASCAR Chevrolet Impala differs from racing a XR GTR, so does Daytona from Kyoto. Also the racing differs immensly. While they have two-car-tango and pack racing, we have slinghshot drafting. For you racer it is going to be important to realise that the biggest problem is going to be to change the positions in the draft. If you rethink of that situation and also rethink of the length of the race I hope you come to the conclusion that it is not won in T1. Actually, it is going to be chess at 280kph! And the winner of this chess game will be the one, who does not risk too much in the first part of the race. The first half of the race is purely about staying on the lead lap, so leave eachother room and don't risk everything. Take it easy. The next quarter of the race is only about getting one self into a better position for the final quater of the race. This final quater of the race, the final 100mi, you should start to fight. As you have more concentration left and as you are in the rythm of the race, you can start to go to the limit of the car. This is my recommendation what stratigy should be used.

Please, do not underestimate this race. 400mi is a marathon, not a sprint, so you should be prepared for this mentally and physically. For the physical side, go out and take a long walk before the race, don't trink coffee and, if avoidable, don't drink alcohol the night before. We do not have to talk about drinking alcohol before or while racing, do we? In general I'd suggest you research for tips on the internet about how to prepare yourself directly before a marathon and how to prepare yourself directly before a chess game. It might give you some help.

Also talk to your opponents. Eventhough everyone wants to win, we have the situation that without your opponents you cannot win this race, due to how the drafting works. Talking to one another can give you some information that are critical in the situations of two-car draft or bump draft.

I'm interested to see a good race, for the audiance out there as well as for me. Please at least think about my recomendations and tips. I follow LFS oval racing for 5 years, activly, passivly and from an admin standpoint. I know I did not eat the wisdom, but if it helps to avoid the one or the other full-course-caution, I'm happy.

Thanks.
Quote from TFalke55 :[Good read]

Wow, that's a really good comment, with some good tips! I expect to drive 20-30 laps (I'm SC), let's see what we'll get.
Quote from TFalke55 :I hope you guys watched NASCAR's iRacing World Championship season opener from Daytona. They stayed caution free for the first 60 laps (the stream died at my end on lap 62)!!! So can we get an agreement? You racers are keeping the race green, and I keep the stream alive?

Of course, racing a NASCAR Chevrolet Impala differs from racing a XR GTR, so does Daytona from Kyoto. Also the racing differs immensly. While they have two-car-tango and pack racing, we have slinghshot drafting. For you racer it is going to be important to realise that the biggest problem is going to be to change the positions in the draft. If you rethink of that situation and also rethink of the length of the race I hope you come to the conclusion that it is not won in T1. Actually, it is going to be chess at 280kph! And the winner of this chess game will be the one, who does not risk too much in the first part of the race.....

With this being said I'd also suggest watching our IndyCar 250 (on our livestream archive). Notice that I personally do not throw a caution flag unless the field must be slowed. In the case of the IndyCar 250 there were cars around in the back of the pack numerous times which got going again and were out of the way (many lost laps in the first few laps this way). Just because somebody crashes doesn't mean we're going to throw a yellow flag, so be careful not to put yourself in a good situation to crash, because a caution flag won't always be there to keep you on the lead lap either like it is in some events.

The 17 (expected) car field also will make it easier to keep the track green.

Keep his advice in mind as wel and remember to be careful
Quote from TFalke55 :I hope you guys watched NASCAR's iRacing World Championship season opener from Daytona. They stayed caution free for the first 60 laps (the stream died at my end on lap 62)!!! So can we get an agreement? You racers are keeping the race green, and I keep the stream alive?

Of course, racing a NASCAR Chevrolet Impala differs from racing a XR GTR, so does Daytona from Kyoto. Also the racing differs immensly. While they have two-car-tango and pack racing, we have slinghshot drafting. For you racer it is going to be important to realise that the biggest problem is going to be to change the positions in the draft. If you rethink of that situation and also rethink of the length of the race I hope you come to the conclusion that it is not won in T1. Actually, it is going to be chess at 280kph! And the winner of this chess game will be the one, who does not risk too much in the first part of the race. The first half of the race is purely about staying on the lead lap, so leave eachother room and don't risk everything. Take it easy. The next quarter of the race is only about getting one self into a better position for the final quater of the race. This final quater of the race, the final 100mi, you should start to fight. As you have more concentration left and as you are in the rythm of the race, you can start to go to the limit of the car. This is my recommendation what stratigy should be used.

Please, do not underestimate this race. 400mi is a marathon, not a sprint, so you should be prepared for this mentally and physically. For the physical side, go out and take a long walk before the race, don't trink coffee and, if avoidable, don't drink alcohol the night before. We do not have to talk about drinking alcohol before or while racing, do we? In general I'd suggest you research for tips on the internet about how to prepare yourself directly before a marathon and how to prepare yourself directly before a chess game. It might give you some help.

Also talk to your opponents. Eventhough everyone wants to win, we have the situation that without your opponents you cannot win this race, due to how the drafting works. Talking to one another can give you some information that are critical in the situations of two-car draft or bump draft.

I'm interested to see a good race, for the audiance out there as well as for me. Please at least think about my recomendations and tips. I follow LFS oval racing for 5 years, activly, passivly and from an admin standpoint. I know I did not eat the wisdom, but if it helps to avoid the one or the other full-course-caution, I'm happy.

Thanks.

You forgot the main point of the issue. Those people at iRacing are shelling 200 dolllars to compete in that world championship, so it's natural they're gonna be slightly less retarded when racing.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :You forgot the main point of the issue. Those people at iRacing are shelling 200 dolllars to compete in that world championship, so it's natural they're gonna be slightly less retarded when racing.

Was just a stylistic device to get a good entry into my article.
Quote from TFalke55 :They stayed caution free for the first 60 laps

Well, then those drivers are more skilled than the IRL NASCAR drivers
Not sure, but I don't think I've seen a NSC race cautionfree in 60 laps ... don't think the fans would enjoy that ;-)

Well, your words are really worth reading, maybe it should be placed at the very beginning of this tread
Quote from sjoblom :Well, then those drivers are more skilled than the IRL NASCAR drivers
Not sure, but I don't think I've seen a NSC race cautionfree in 60 laps ... don't think the fans would enjoy that ;-)

Well, your words are really worth reading, maybe it should be placed at the very beginning of this tread

The Daytona 400 (the summer race) had only 2 cautions, including a 100 lap green flag stint with two green flag pitstops
thanks for the unclear info i am totaly bad in english
Guys I think I won't be able to come because my aunt uncle and cousin are coming (but I will see )
Quote from F1 mainiac :Guys I think I won't be able to come because my aunt uncle and cousin are coming (but I will see )

Naah, you Are lying couse you saw me training and now you are afraid of me
Quote from kochomoch :Naah, you Are lying couse you saw me training and now you are afraid of me

Are you an idiot ?
Quote from F1 mainiac :Are you an idiot ?

Oh, oh I see lack of sense of humor. And that post makes no sense, because kochomoch was just kidding you and after that you come over with that mindless question. I though you didn't drank your milk, but meh Calm down, you're not the person that will call to other that they're idiots. Having fun is the most important, looks like every day more and more of the players forget about that.
Guys I am too tired to think admite it
This thread is closed

2012 Kyoto 400 Starting Grid & Pre-Race Discussion Thread
(30 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG