The online racing simulator
Round 7 - Westhill International Reversed (WE1R) - Drivers Briefing & Race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

Welcome to Round 7 of the Super GT Series!

We have a number of things to discuss before the racing gets underway, so have a look at the categories below:

1. Rule changes

The section concerning start and restart procedures has been updated since Round 6. The short version is: when the green flag is shown on the restart, ALL cars should begin to accelerate (to prevent the kind of accordion effect we saw with the GT300 leader last round). Please see this post for full details. The full rulebook is available here.

2. Start Procedure

As noted above, the start and restart procedures have changed since Round 6. The SC speed is unchanged at 60mph/100kph.

As usual, we will be asking the polesitter in each class which side of the grid they prefer to start from.

Also, the GT500 leader should keep Rule I2.2 in line:

Quote :2.2) After crossing the restart line, the leader may return to full race pace. Once the leader has returned to race pace, the green flag will be displayed.

3. Weather

Per rule B4, a random number draw is used to determine whether low wind will be used. If the number drawn is odd, wind is used; if even, wind is not used.

The number drawn for this round was 8. Therefore, NO WIND will be used in the Qualifying Heat Race, as well as the official Quali and Race sessions.

4. Penalties

In the Super GT Series, all protests are ruled upon after the event. Post-race penalties may be given in the form of time penalties, points penalties, grid position penalties, or deferred DT/SG penalties. Post-race time penalties will be as follows:

DT: 10s
SG: 25s

5. Qualifying Heat Race

The grid for the Qualifying Heat Race is as follows:

GT500:

Not participating.

GT300:

1. Team Vires 2. Mafia Racing
3. Last Lap Motorsports 4. Scuderia Gas Racing Team
5. Tuna Racing Team 6. Hellenic Racing Team
7. Lanzarote Racing Team 8. cargame.nl

Assuming all 15 GT500 cars show up, the top 5 finishers in GT300 will be allowed to participate in the official qualifying and race sessions. If less than 15 GT500s show up, 6 or more GT300s may advance.

*** If you do not finish in the top 5 in your class in the Qualifying Heat Race, DO NOT attempt to participate in qualifying UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED BY AN ADMIN. ***

Please keep Rule F5.1 in mind:

Quote :F5.1: Protests may be lodged regarding incidents that occur during the qualifying heat races, but these too will be judged after the event has been completed. Penalties resulting from these incidents may range from grid penalties, to points penalties, to exclusion from the feature race results.

6. Qualifying Servers

We will use two qualifying servers, one for GT500 and one for GT300:

Super GT Series = GT500
Super GT Series Backup = GT300
GT300 teams who are participating in the Heat Race, please read section 5 above carefully.
#3 - Hahmo
Before going to msn, skype or anyone, I came here to apologise for Heijerman. It was an honest mistake from my part, I absolutely missed my braking point and I do accept the penalty that surely will be given. I am very sorry.

And, Letteriello, when a leader comes to pass you, in chicane please dont brake infront of me and go 30kph slower than anyone else in that chicane, we both just saw what happened.
Many of you will have seen what happened on the stream and of course will have formed your own opinions. The truth behind what happens I have told my team and even they do not believe me, so there is no point saying it here. I apologise to Savage, I was not being malicious. Of course I will get penalties for wrecking as that is what it basically looked like but was not what I was doing. My future is in the hands of the admins and my team. Once again I'm sorry but I had very little control over what I was doing.
Quote from Hahmo :when a leader comes to pass you, in chicane

That's where you went wrong
#6 - Hahmo
thats where you went wrong, since you read it wrong. lets put it like this, "leader comes to pass you. in chicane please dont blalala"
Why are we talking about race leaders? It's about common sense. Doesn't matter if one leads the race or not, you should use the same technique to let him pass or not.
Let pass before the chicane or after it, never in the middle of it.. Same thing is for everyone, leaders or ppl behind.
Quote from Hahmo :Before going to msn, skype or anyone, I came here to apologise for Heijerman. It was an honest mistake from my part, I absolutely missed my braking point and I do accept the penalty that surely will be given. I am very sorry.

And, Letteriello, when a leader comes to pass you, in chicane please dont brake infront of me and go 30kph slower than anyone else in that chicane, we both just saw what happened.

Thanks for the apology . It's okay, it can happen. Hope you learned your lesson, haha !
Was quite intense race The things are getting more and more interesting for the final round. Title will be decided there, me likes
Yeah, nice to see the Champ go to the final race. I think it will be hard to catch WW/Vortex in either category, but atleast theres a chance. Great racing at the start with Toni #1(DWB's words, not mine ) and vincper. Was nice to be able to race with people who dont run people off the road at the first opportunity
It was our best race of the season in terms of results. We are very pleased with our improvement It was also possible for the correctness of all opponents. Congrats to the winners, see you at kyoto
Quote from DjBlueIce :It was our best race of the season in terms of results. We are very pleased with our improvement It was also possible for the correctness of all opponents. Congrats to the winners, see you at kyoto

Gratz PLZ! Nice improvment!
3 of 3, thanks Isaac. Good race.
Car reseting is not allowed on the server. Would be good to have it, makes easier to practice on such a long track. Also I'm not exactly sure why it is better to have those tires in the right hairpin on the curbs.
Quote from Kristi :Car reseting is not allowed on the server. Would be good to have it, makes easier to practice on such a long track.

Done
Quote from Kristi :Also I'm not exactly sure why it is better to have those tires in the right hairpin on the curbs.

If it's the hairpin leading away from oval - must be to motivate drivers to stay away from curbs,as they are very well known for some tricks...
Little OT:

I want to know if it will be uploaded on youtube the streaming as in other races.

Thank you.
Thanks a lot. Sorry but I looked in the channel where they were picking up the other races.

Round 7 - Westhill International Reversed (WE1R) - Drivers Briefing & Race Discussion
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG