The online racing simulator
STD Championship 2012 - Information

STD Championship 2012

High-res logo: HERE

STD Championship is a league consisting of 7 rounds of XFG and XRG racing on different tracks - 4 original tracks and 3 open configuration tracks. League was made to hopefully bring some of the best old memories from IXFGC, but adding another car for XRG fans. Everyone can participate in the league as long as they obey the rules. Each round will have a 20 minutes long qualification, after which followed by ~15 minutes long sprint race and ~30 minutes long feature race. The league will provide you with a driver, team and nation standings. League will be held on every second Thursday starting from 26th of January, 2012 at 19:00 UTC.

League Forum (league section in English & Latvian): www.LFSLatvia.lv

1. Schedule:

[I]Round 1 - [/I]26.01.2012. - Aston North reversed (AS7r)
[I]Round 2 - [/I]09.02.2012. - [URL="http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=119607&stc=1&d=1326227050"]Fern Bay Green Classic reversed (FE2_F25Y)[/URL]
[I]Round 3 - [/I]23.02.2012. - Blackwood GP (BL1)
[I]Round 4 - [/I]08.03.2012. - [URL="http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=119606&stc=1&d=1326227050"]Kyoto Ring International (KY3_K31X)[/URL]
[I]Round 5 - [/I]22.03.2012. - South City Town (SO5)
[I]Round 6 - [/I]05.04.2012. - [URL="http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=119605&stc=1&d=1326227050"]Aston Sportscar Circuit reversed (AS4_A41Y)[/URL]
[I]Round 7 - [/I]19.04.2012. - Fern Bay Gold reversed (FE3r)

2. Event procedure:

18:00 - Hardcore Qualification (20min)
18:30 - Sprint Race (~15min)
18:50 - Feature Race (~30min)

All times in UTC.

Server name: Tiger Express Motorsports
Organized by: www.LFSLatvia.lv

3. Other information:
3.1. You must drive with the signed up car for the whole season. (But it is not forbidden to change the car during the season, but your points will not be added up if you will have already earned points with the previous car. [Previous car points will be deleted after earning at least 1 point with the new car.])
3.2. There is no special skin requirements for this season.
3.3. In case of a protest, it must be posted here in this topic after each race in the right form (check rule book). (This rule only applies who don't have access at LFSLatvia.lv forum and don't want to sign up there, the rest of the drivers must post at that forum. [Final decision about all the protests will be posted on LFSLatvia.lv forum providing you with the link]).
3.4. All the results will be posted at LFSLatvia forum and spdoracing database. The link will also be given in this topic. Also, all the other stuff, standings etc. will be posted at LFSLatvia forum at the league section.
3.5. Information about each round will be send 24-48 hours before the event for signed up drivers.
3.6. In case of more than 32 signed up drivers, there will be 2 servers used for the qualification, but only TOP32 will get to race.

4. Success ballast:
4.1. Success ballast will be used during the season to even up the drivers and cars.
4.2. This rule applies to both cars – XRG and XFG.

1st = 30kg
2nd = 20kg
3rd = 15kg
4th = 10kg
5th = 5kg
6th = -2kg
7th = -3kg
8th = -5kg
9th = -7kg
10th = -10kg
11th and lower = -13kg

More information in the rule book which is attached below.

Live stream sponsored by:

Server sponsored by:

& spdoracing.com

Rule book is attached below. (Everyone must read it in order to avoid penalties.)
Ask questions if needed, tell me if you notice any mistake or if I have forgotten something important in the rules.
Attached files
KY3X_K31.lyt - 988 B - 312 views
AS4Y_A41.lyt - 1.5 KB - 317 views
FE2Y_F25.lyt - 988 B - 270 views
STD Championship 2012 - Rule Book.pdf - 307.1 KB - 383 views
If anyone wants to start practicing for next round, then here is the info for success ballast for round 2: HERE

The rest of the drivers DO NOT HAVE any success ballast (even the XRG).
Small change in the rules:
Maximum ballast possible is decreased to 45kg. It was 60kg at the beginning.

I will update the rule book sometime later.
Why?
Good call Andro. 60kg was going to make it just impossible to be anywhere near the pace.
-
(IsaacPrice) DELETED by IsaacPrice : cba
Quote from IsaacPrice :Why?

60kg was too much. The rule is supposed to make it a bit closer and fairer racing and not restrict top drivers to have any chance for high positions. + And as it proved in FE track the rule did help overall, some drivers will earn a bit more kg for next round, which should even up the things even better, but there is no point to exaggerate with the ballast.

And nobody payed me isaac, this was only mine decision, I haven't spoken to anyone about this. :P
So why did you choose 60kg in the first place? Maybe you should talk to other people before you make decisions so that you're sure you make the correct one without unintentional bias/mistakes?(I dont disagree that 60kg is too much, but its not right to change it midseason either) Leagues like Super GT for example have a panel of "judges" to help ensure this, with experience - this is for a reason.
Quote from IsaacPrice :So why did you choose 60kg in the first place? Maybe you should talk to other people before you make decisions so that you're sure you make the correct one without unintentional bias/mistakes?(I dont disagree that 60kg is too much, but its not right to change it midseason either) Leagues like Super GT for example have a panel of "judges" to help ensure this, with experience - this is for a reason.

Perhaps he didnt expect it to make such a huge effect. And he is the admin so he doesn't need a panel of judges, this isnt X Factor
Don't know why your even bothered, your not racing this league ;D
Nobody has reached the maximum ballast yet, so I don't see where is the problem to change it during mid season if that's necessary - it haven't/won't make it unfair towards others since the maximum hasn't been used before.
I chose 60kg at first place, because that was what I was advised to do, but nobody has tested this before with STD cars, so nobody could have known 100% what ballast would be the best.

And, yes, I am allowed to change rules if its necessary during mid season as it says in the rule book. And I am contacting many other people a lot lately asking many different questions what is best to do, also organizers from Super GT Series and other leagues. But the biggest problem with contacting other people is that each one of them tell a different story (probably the one that is better for them).

But then again, this is not Super GT Series or any other league, so get over it. Get used to something different and not just the normal way it is usually "supposed" to be. Many of you keep telling "But in that league it is like this and that..." -> this league has nothing to do with other leagues, as simple as that.
Quote from kart-36 :Perhaps he didnt expect it to make such a huge effect. And he is the admin so he doesn't need a panel of judges, this isnt X Factor

Isn't the importance to get the correct decisions and get the correct results off the bat, not sure why you're posting this when im making suggestions for improvements for an admin from the outside, who has raced in the league. Don't see what you're problem is? Well I do, its just that you're a simple troll with a simple mind

I'm not saying you should copy other leagues at all, I was just replying to you saying "I havent spoken to anyone about this". If you have consulted and tested it with other people then thats one thing, but thats not what you said originally . But obviously giving improvement suggestions isn't wanted so...ok.
Im just trolling like you
Anyway you dont even race the league anymore, so its not of any importance but meh
For this decision, I didn't speak to anyone since I pretty much knew I could take this on my own and I think the decision is right and there is no point contacting anyone about it. There are things that where it is advised to contact others and simple things where its not -> this is a simple thing. For many other things, I have contacted other people hundred times already.
But thanks for the advice!

And stop this trolling between you and Joe. I don't care about your both personal problems, go ruin some other threads and keep it clean here unless you have something important to say.
Quote from andRo. :For this decision, I didn't speak to anyone since I pretty much knew I could take this on my own and I think the decision is right and there is no point contacting anyone about it. There are things that where it is advised to contact others and simple things where its not -> this is a simple thing. For many other things, I have contacted other people hundred times already.
But thanks for the advice!

Well out of interest, is it only the maximum ballast thats changed(as thats the only thing you stated), or the whole ballast system? And well, IMO this sort of thing isn't that hard to test. You drive few laps with X kg's, then few with Y kg's and you have a baseline for how much you want max ballast to slow the car down so you find the kg's to slow the car down by that much. OK its sounds simpler than it is

I'm trying not to have a war with Joe(hense I deleted my post before :really
It is only the maximum ballast, it is way too late to change the whole ballast system since it has already been used and I don't think there is anything wrong with the system itself.

Yes, well, but its not that simple to test it for me. I can't really compare myself to the top drivers, and I would probably need to do quite a lot of laps before I could see the real difference the ballast does - that would take too much time and I don't think it is needed at all.

I have seen the first 2 rounds, compared how the ballast affected the drivers and made my conclusions from that.
I am really sorry - I've been very busy this week, so I haven't sent out PM's or even made information about the pre-qualifiying for upcoming round. But just so everyone knows, the pre-qualifying will start tomorrow at 10:00 UTC as usual, I will try to post info today and send out PM's with the information. If someone could set a training server, that would be great, but if not, it will 100% be up tomorrow.
Ok so basically i thought i would post this here... I am having to use 45kg, and even if i do a really crappy round which is highly likely its still not even going to benefit me as the MOST i can drop is 13kg. That is still giving me total of 32kg which lets be honest, is still making it very hard to even get to the front.
After a good race you can add like 20kg's so how is it possible that you can gain more than you can lose. Its just turning the league into a tactical league instead of a racing one. Something needs to be done here, its not even worth while if your going to be burdened with constantly above 30kg's every single round since the best you can hope for is a top 6 and even if you did that it means you get even more KG's until its gets to the point where you having so much KG's its not even possible to be at the front.

I thought the whole point of the KG's was to even it out... Even with the 30kg's last round i was at a loss but it wasn't so bad. Now its gone so far that its costing me over 1second a lap and taken me from a front running into a mid fielder...
;'(
I guess not reading the rules in time doesn't benefit you?
It's funny how you only started thinking about this when you actually got the 45kg and not when the rule was posted.

Like I already said in the server, nothing will be changed, you can state your opinion, but it is too late to change the whole ballast system. And like I said, I am not holding you to stay in the league - usually when people join the league they read rules in order to know that they are satisfied with them and they would be pleased to participate in such league with such rules. You have already driven 2 rounds during which you have cried all the time that you have too much ballast, at the same time as you were pretty much winning everyone.

You can also always make your own league with your own rules where EVERYONE will be happy. Because from what I've heard during these 5 weeks of STD Championship, you guys have everything figured out, each one of your idea is the best and everyone will be satisfied with them - I would only be glad to see you do a league which will be perfect by all standards.

I hope you get the right point I am trying to say. I mean, I don't want the drivers to withdraw from the league, I don't think any organizer wants, but I can't change the league how only one persons wants, because that would make another 50 drivers complain and state their opinions. There will always be someone who is not satisfied, we just have to deal with that.

If you still don't get the point, well, I guess that's your problem.
The amount of kg's is not the problem, I will complain the car is too heavy even if there was no kg's :P
What I'm complaining about is the reduction in kg's even after a bad round. With 30kg it was really hard to get into the lead, so after a terrible round with 45kg your still gonna have to have another hard round with 32kg.

Eg: 45kg, bad race. Then 32kg bad race. 19kg, ah I can compete again.

I just think that the reduction in kg's should be changed, 13kg isn't a lot to lose after a bad race and it will take 2 bad rounds until your able to fight for wins again. I think if your gonna have a bad race you can lose 20kg, and the more kg you have, the more you have to lose. Atleast that's how I feel about it anyway.
Changing the rules at middle of the league is really a bad idea.
Yeah, but atleast it would make it more even after rounds... :/
Quote from kart-36 :The amount of kg's is not the problem, I will complain the car is too heavy even if there was no kg's :P
What I'm complaining about is the reduction in kg's even after a bad round. With 30kg it was really hard to get into the lead, so after a terrible round with 45kg your still gonna have to have another hard round with 32kg.

Eg: 45kg, bad race. Then 32kg bad race. 19kg, ah I can compete again.

I just think that the reduction in kg's should be changed, 13kg isn't a lot to lose after a bad race and it will take 2 bad rounds until your able to fight for wins again. I think if your gonna have a bad race you can lose 20kg, and the more kg you have, the more you have to lose. Atleast that's how I feel about it anyway.

Surely you could have, while reading the rules when signing up, run a couple scenarios about the ballast (since it's a fairly unique system to LFS as far as I'm aware) and seen that very issue you're complaining about now, but made the complaint then. In that case, I'm sure andRo. would have been willing to amend the system or at least field a discussion to see what would be he generally best accepted / desired solution.

Mid-season is no time to change how ballast is awarded....that's pre- or post-season. You can't change it halfway through because then do you go back and recalculate it or grandfather the current ballast weights and start the changes from the next round or any other option. It save the most hassle and time to leave it as is until after the season now.
Yeah I agree deko, it wasn't until today I realised that maximum of 13kg could be deducted.
I'll obviously keep racing the league, I guess some more pre season testing can be done for next time to try and find some 'happy medium'
Thankfully the world does not spin around 1 person, so whoever wins this round gets the heavy ballast, which will screw them over for next round, so i dont rly see the problem here. The problem, like in any other champ is when 1 person/team constantly wins, then it gets boring. With this now, shit will rly hit the fan at the end of the backstr8, with huge speed differences and what not, cant wait .
Hmm, not seeing that 32kg is so bad for you Joe.
How badly did you do with 30kg in R2? (Answer: P2, P3, and 0.01 off pole... You're too damn fast! )

So you'll maybe have one bad round, and if it's truly awful then you'll drop back to 32kg and be right back on the podium...
Sounds pretty bloody close to a perfect ballast system to me

STD Championship 2012 - Information
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG