The online racing simulator
Round 6 - Fern Bay Gold (FE3) - Pre-race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

On February 5th we'll come to Fern Bay Gold for the last of our tight-n-twisty rounds. After FE, the relatively placid Westhill and Kyoto circuits will take us through the home stretch. So far it's been a pretty wild ride, and we hope we can keep up the excitement level as we run toward the end of the schedule. Fern Bay always produces some wild racing, but let's try to keep it on the clean side, ok?

REMINDERS:
  1. When rejoining the track following an accident, please be sure to check for following cars BEFORE pulling onto the racing surface. If you find yourself stationary on the racing line following a spin (hello, Max Bartolotta!), don't make any move until you have some clear space on track. Use the mini-map!
  2. When you see yellow flags during the race, be prepared to slow to avoid obstacles. This will happen often at FE3!
  3. Please read the entire rulebook, and be familiar with all procedures.
We saw a LOT of instances of bad GT500-on-GT300 lapping at AS22, and FE3 is a similarly tight circuit. We hope to see better behavior this time around. Remember, the default penalty for incidents resulting from over-aggressive overtaking is a SG-equivalent (rule K3), and that'll really ruin your race. Think before you dive!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
[*]When you see yellow flags during the race, be prepared to slow to avoid obstacles. This will happen often at FE3!

Thats so true, I still remember igtc 2008 and round 3. Track is nonsense narrow and short, I expect apocalypse there with 2 classes.
But nonstop action on stream is guarantied
Can't wait, this track is the shizzle!
*jizz* fe3 <3
Quote from fadeaway :Thats so true, I still remember igtc 2008 and round 3. Track is nonsense narrow and short, I expect apocalypse there with 2 classes.
But nonstop action on stream is guarantied

I could write a book about that race.
#6 - CSF
Quote from CSF :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSonAytEK0k

And to think that is only a fraction of that race. It was many many people's first "big" race, it had wind, it had a massive SC pile up, mass communication problems for the CoRe car, massive domination by spdo, massive come back for CoRe, massive amount of old drivers (mysho, bunby, Hopwood, Polma, Palma, and more), old teams (XFR, Pernix, LFSLA, SpeedCore, gogogo CD! ).

And to think it was only 2008.
#8 - CSF
Yeah... but thats 4 years ago now Phil.... that is a long time ago... We've had 1 patch of note since then... yet we are still here.... WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?!?!?!?!?!
Because there aren't any better alternatives?
#10 - CSF
Dunno, watching AroX fail on rf2 is fun!
Quote from CSF :Yeah... but thats 4 years ago now Phil.... that is a long time ago... We've had 1 patch of note since then... yet we are still here.... WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?!?!?!?!?!

Early 2009.
#12 - CSF
Yeah boi!! Early 2009 br0 cant wait min!!!!!11!! Schicokokokoko!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its currently wrong track on server..
Or Ben seriously fcked up track for this round in OP (so4 yaaay)
Quote from fadeaway :Its currently wrong track on server..
Or Ben seriously fcked up track for this round in OP (so4 yaaay)

Server got rebooted to clear the dead connection that was FUBAR'ing the whole thing, and config was set to SO4 :P Server been reconfigged and rebooted
Sorry for asking a bit soon, but since next round is this weekend and all, when are confirmations going to be open?
Quote from Senninha25 :Sorry for asking a bit soon, but since next round is this weekend and all, when are confirmations going to be open?

Round 6 - February 5, 2012 - Fern Bay Gold (FE3) - Overcast Dusk
Q: 25 laps
M: 74 laps

no.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Round 6 - February 5, 2012 - Fern Bay Gold (FE3) - Overcast Dusk
Q: 25 laps
M: 74 laps

no.

Sorry, had a massive brainfart, nevermind. -.-
I thought February 11 was in two weeks and therefore February 5 was this weekend. :doh:
But in theory they should be open at the start of the week of the race, right?
Usually they open Saturday or Sunday the weekend before the race.
Quote from PMD9409 :And to think that is only a fraction of that race. It was many many people's first "big" race, it had wind, it had a massive SC pile up, mass communication problems for the CoRe car, massive domination by spdo, massive come back for CoRe, massive amount of old drivers (mysho, bunby, Hopwood, Polma, Palma, and more), old teams (XFR, Pernix, LFSLA, SpeedCore, gogogo CD! ).

And to think it was only 2008.

Yeah, so epic.
stream?
#22 - CSF
Nice one GraVt

Round 6 - Fern Bay Gold (FE3) - Pre-race Discussion
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG