The online racing simulator
Kyoto 400 Event Information

The Worldwide Racing Rulebook

The Kyoto 400 is a function of Worldwide Racing. This event is comprised of 1 qualifying session, 2 qualifying races, and 1 two-hundred and sixteen lap race. Pit stops will be mandatory in each of the duel qualifying races, but it will not be mandatory for the Kyoto 400. No work needs to be done on mandatory pit stops. R2 or R3 tires are mandatory in all official sessions at all times. All four rims of a car must have the same compound on them.

Entry Requirments
-Valid Registration for the Kyoto 400
-Receive credit for at least (2) two Kyoto 400 practice sessions.

Competitor Information
Event Server: [WR] Kyoto 400
Teamspeak Server: teamspeak.newdimensionracing.com

Event schedule is available here.
Passwords will be PM'ed to all approved competitors prior to the start of each session.
Car: FZ50 GTR – Unrestricted (FZR)
Track: Kyoto Ring Oval (KY1)

Teamspeak
Teamspeak is required for all competitors in all sessions. Drivers must be able to hear and understand race officials. The ability to speak back using Teamspeak is not required. Nicknames on Teamspeak must start with your entry number so that we can easily determine which participants are not on Teamspeak. Drivers must be on Teamspeak by the listed times in order to participate penalty free.

Qualifying
Qualifying will be done one car at a time. Drivers must return to pit lane in a timely manner prior to spectating to avoid penalty. Best lap out of each driver's two hotlaps will be time of record. Once called, drivers must enter the track within a certain time period to avoid penalty. Effecting another driver who is qualifying will be strictly prohibited.

Determining the Starting Grid
The starting line up will be determined by both the qualifying session, and by the duel qualifying races. The starting line-up will be as follows

-Front row will be top two qualifiers who participate in their duel race.
-The rest of the positions through 23rd on the inside row will be determined directly by finishing order in duel race 1.
-The rest of the positions through 24th on the outside row will be determined directly by finishing order in duel race 2.
-Positions 25 – 30 will be determined by the top qualifiers not yet placed into the grid.
-A reserve list of a few drivers will be determined by qualifying times of those who were not placed into the grid

Start of the Race
All race starts and restarts will be double file as stated in the Worldwide Racing Rulebook. This document will govern the Kyoto 400 unless expressly stated in this thread or in race by a Worldwide Racing Official.

Entering and Exiting Pit Lane
Drivers must cross blow the commitment cone on entry, and must pass below the blend cone in order to have legally pitted. Striking these cones at anytime will result in penalties unless this occurs during a crash. See the Worldwide Racing Rulebook for further information.

Crashes
Any entry which experiences damage great enough to make one of their horizontal F10 damage displays turn red and remain so will be immediately removed from competition. The same with two or more vertical damage bars will also be removed from competition. Any entry that comes to rest off of their wheels at any time will be retired from the event.

2014 Kyoto 400 Event Schedule

Application Deadline: January 23, 2013 at 5:00 UTC

**Pole Qualifying Day: Saturday, January 25, 2014
-17:55 UTC – Teamspeak join deadline for driver's meeting
-18:00 UTC – Single car run qualifying begins (one out lap, with two timed laps)
-18:15 UTC – Server Join deadline for Qualifying
-19:00 UTC – Single run qualifying will be complete
-19:10 UTC – Duel 1 Grid Stacking begins – Teamspeak/Server join deadline for Duel 1
-19:20 UTC – Duel 1 Green Flag (54 lap race + 1 pace lap)
-20:10 UTC – Estimated Duel 1 completion (these drivers may leave)
-20:30 UTC – Duel 2 Grid Stacking begins – Teamspeak/Server join deadline for Duel 2
-20:40 UTC – Duel 2 Green Flag (54 lap race + 1 pace lap)
-21:30 UTC – Estimated Duel 2 completion (these drivers may leave)

Race Day: Saturday, February 1, 2014
-17:35 UTC – Teamspeak join deadline for Kyoto 400 driver's meeting
-17:40 UTC – Kyoto 400 Grid Stacking begins (server join deadline)
-17:50 UTC – Pace laps begin (4 pace laps, final pace lap being double file)
-18:00 UTC – Kyoto 400 Green Flag (216 laps / 400.032 miles)
-20:30 UTC – Estimated race completion

Weather will be determined by this link: http://uk.weather.com/weather/ ... -JAXX0047?fromSearch=true
Partly cloudy or sunny conditions will result in sunny conditions for that session. Mostly cloudy, overcast, rain, or storms will result in cloudy conditions. Wind 0-5 km/h will result in no wind. Wind 6 or more km/h will result in low wind. Conditions will be announced based on the forcast at least two days before each event day. Qualifying will not feature winds.

Note: Participants missing any of the above deadlines may be penalized or removed from competition.

* – All times on Pole Qualifying and Race Day are estimated. Teamspeak join deadlines are static unless otherwise noted on this thread or in a prior session.
** – Pole Qualifying Day times are estimated based on a field of around 40 competitors attempting to qualify. This estimate may be either high or low of the actual turn out.

Note: Special Thanks to Rony (Eclipsed) for the improved Event Logos
Attached images
Kyoto400-3rd.png
I'm kinda behind in information about the licencing system here,so I will be lazy and ask directly here: What have I need to do,to be able to race here? One thing I know - need some laps to complete with XRR at oval still...
BTW I think FZR rocks more than XRR in Oval, but hey XRR is cool too
#4 - Sobis
Quote from rageshgr :BTW I think FZR rocks more than XRR in Oval, but hey XRR is cool too

XRR is much safer in oval (I'm mostly talking about bumpdraft here).
Quote from Eclipsed :I'm kinda behind in information about the licencing system here,so I will be lazy and ask directly here: What have I need to do,to be able to race here? One thing I know - need some laps to complete with XRR at oval still...

Well, basically, you need to attend a license test session. I try to have as many as I can. You'll basically just have to prove yourself a good and stable oval driver. For you I don't beleive that that should be a problem seeing you race in the past

Test sessions are usually around a half hour long or so
#6 - Sobis
So my friend can register even if he doesn't have license?
Quote from Sobis :So my friend can register even if he doesn't have license?

Yes, he'd just need to sign-up like Rony did, and he'd receive a license at permit level. Of course to be able to participate in the event he'd need to upgrade that license
-
(rik97) DELETED by Cornys : Spam
#8 - Sobis
Quote from Cornys :Yes, he'd just need to sign-up like Rony did, and he'd receive a license at permit level. Of course to be able to participate in the event he'd need to upgrade that license

Umm... So he'll register like Rony did but he still won't be able to race, because that permit level license is not enough?
Quote from Sobis :Umm... So he'll register like Rony did but he still won't be able to race, because that permit level license is not enough?

Not unless he attends a test or practice session.
I don't know which time zone is what time but just to ask: What are the times in EET?
EET = UTC+2.
So read his times as
-16:55 EET – Teamspeak join deadline for driver's meeting.. and so on.

There are umpteen websites which will give this info.
Thx ragesh
Quote from LazLoW :Driver's Real Name: Jake Lennan
LFS World Name: LazLoW
Nationality*: Canadian
Team**: WarLab
Desired Number***: 82

I think the XRR specific required laps is a little silly.
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 FZR : 246
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 XRT : 457
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 BF1 : 616
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 FO8 : 3028
LFSW - laps driven in total : 7819 (Mostly oval, I'm either on oval or drifting.)

Do you think I can handle it? Lol.

Receive the license first, and then we'll see what we can do.
Quote from Cornys :Receive the license first, and then we'll see what we can do.

Alright. This is just a test you conduct yourself? I'm a little fuzzy on the license business.
Quote from LazLoW :Alright. This is just a test you conduct yourself? I'm a little fuzzy on the license business.

I have a way of determining licenses, and it's all based upon watching drivers race. Practice Sessions provide me an oppertunity to assess drivers and provide them licenses. I plan on making the exact requirments public at some point in the future, but for now I am busy enough without writing extra things such as that.
Quote from Cornys :I have a way of determining licenses, and it's all based upon watching drivers race. Practice Sessions provide me an oppertunity to assess drivers and provide them licenses. I plan on making the exact requirments public at some point in the future, but for now I am busy enough without writing extra things such as that.

Understood, I'll try to make the next session
Quote from LazLoW :Driver's Real Name: Jake Lennan
LFS World Name: LazLoW
Nationality*: Canadian
Team**: WarLab
Desired Number***: 82

I think the XRR specific required laps is a little silly.
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 FZR : 246
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 XRT : 457
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 BF1 : 616
LFSW - lapcount on KY1 FO8 : 3028
LFSW - laps driven in total : 7819 (Mostly oval, I'm either on oval or drifting.)

Do you think I can handle it? Lol.

Hmmm... I'll be afraid to be on track with someone 4sec over WR with XRR and only 8 laps...

I think the XRR specific lapcount is invaluable...
-
(hammer it) DELETED by hammer it
Quote from Sobis :Yeah, this link is messed up. Link in this thread works tho.

Ah, thx ...

The word Official shouldn't be in the address I copied
Quote from Cawwa :Ah, thx ...

The word Official shouldn't be in the address I copied

Yes, all links have been repaired on this thread
Cornys You have to update the entry list .
Quote from F1 mainiac :Cornys You have to update the entry list .

I'm going to hold up on that until after the next practice session so that I don't change things that might just change the following day
Quote from Jettascuba :Hmmm... I'll be afraid to be on track with someone 4sec over WR with XRR and only 8 laps...

I think the XRR specific lapcount is invaluable...

I wouldn't mind at all. If you can run over a second faster then the WR in the FO8 it means you can draft good in a hard car to handle, although it works like a charm on the oval ...

EDIT ... but of course he should do what's necessary to achieve his license before the race.
I have to be at an event for school during qualifying (counts for a quarter of my grade). I might not be back until during the first duel race. Would it be at all possible for me to start in the back for the 2nd duel race?

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG