The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
I like it, for being EA. Native AC handling (good stuff) + the bling from UE4. Will certainly go through a development phase to improve all aspects during autumn.
Can you stall your car or overheat your clutch?
Will the car start rolling if it's stopped on a slope with no brakes applied?

Both flaws never fixed in AC Frown
I think LFS is the only sim where you can overheat the clutch.
But LFS also has major flaws in tire physics, no sim is perfect.

Quote from PeterN :
Quit the game just to change graphics settings?

That's massively annoying when you're used to LFS.

They fixed that one Big grin
Hello Friends,

I'm thinking about buying AC Ultimate Edition, which is available for sale on steam atm. Please advise if people are still very active on AC multiplayer, because I wouldn't want to find myself alone with no one to drive with. Will I be disadvantaged for only having the Ultimate Edition (which, I believe has DLC's up to the Ferrari Anniversary release, including the 2004 F1 Ferrari) and the Porsche dream pack?

I usually have some lag on LFS with a ping of about 180 ms, but it's stable at 5mbps. I wouldn't want to be kicked for lagging on AC or to not have fun because of too much lag. I won't be buying anything else beyond the Ultimate Edition. So, I'd like to know if it's worth getting the Ultimate Edition. It will cost me Rupees 2,500+, which isn't that much, but certainly not low enough to spare.

My system spec are as follows:
Lenovo Y510P
Core i7 4702 MQ @ 2.20Ghz - 3.2Ghz
nVidia GT755 SLI
8 GB Ram
Available HD space: 170 GB
Fibernet cable 5mbps with 80GB/month volume

I'll be driving with mouse and keyboard, by the way. If there were no multiplayer, I wouldn't buy it. So, go, or no go?
Quote from hereticlohani :Hello Friends,

I'm thinking about buying AC Ultimate Edition, which is available for sale on steam atm. Please advise if people are still very active on AC multiplayer, because I wouldn't want to find myself alone with no one to drive with. Will I be disadvantaged for only having the Ultimate Edition (which, I believe has DLC's up to the Ferrari Anniversary release, including the 2004 F1 Ferrari) and the Porsche dream pack?

I usually have some lag on LFS with a ping of about 180 ms, but it's stable at 5mbps. I wouldn't want to be kicked for lagging on AC or to not have fun because of too much lag. I won't be buying anything else beyond the Ultimate Edition. So, I'd like to know if it's worth getting the Ultimate Edition. It will cost me Rupees 2,500+, which isn't that much, but certainly not low enough to spare.

My system spec are as follows:
Lenovo Y510P
Core i7 4702 MQ @ 2.20Ghz - 3.2Ghz
nVidia GT755 SLI
8 GB Ram
Available HD space: 170 GB
Fibernet cable 5mbps with 80GB/month volume

I'll be driving with mouse and keyboard, by the way. If there were no multiplayer, I wouldn't buy it. So, go, or no go?

- You will have the ping problem as the majority of the servers are hosted in Europe.
- Yes the multiplayer is still active.
- Your system spec should do ok, between low-mid settings you will get 50-60 fps.
Quote from lfsrm :- You will have the ping problem as the majority of the servers are hosted in Europe.
- Yes the multiplayer is still active.
- Your system spec should do ok, between low-mid settings you will get 50-60 fps.

Thanks for the advice and info, lfsrm. Ping looks like the main deciding factor for me, then.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG