The online racing simulator
Practice Round: Discussion Thread
The LX4 race was #28 Frank Sinchety's to lose, but a calculation error left his a day late and a dollar short on fuel as he run out prior to the finish line to take the white flag. That left his [SR] teammates to battle it out for the win.

#48 Homonnai Csaba ended up taking a narrow .17 second victory over his teammate #18 Radosław Zawielak as they slid off of the final turn with everything that they had in their LX4's

I had a starting error which delayed the start into the first sector, but that's why we run the practice events. It won't happen in LX6 and it won't happen in any of the true rounds. You can count on that.

I think we've got it all worked out on the admin side, but we'll have to see the LX6 race which is to begin shortly if we are to know for sure.
I think we dont need lx6 race report
Oh, I was gonna let you give that report
was #18 a real sr member? i dont even..
but good races anyway!
Quote from Cornys :Oh, I was gonna let you give that report

I got pole, drove great, made no mistake, niki had 3 drive throughs, i won. i didnt run out of fuel again.

replays please.
@Frank: Cool story bro.

I loved how LX6 behaves in that double right corner where you need to lift a little bit (4th gear corner, with a raise and then dip in 2nd apex). Just beautiful to exit with powersteer at i dont remember exactly, but like 150kmh.
And overall, the car is just a lot more fun to drive than LX4 as you just need to push it all the time, but not overpush, because mistakes are hugely paid in time and i believe places if you are down the grid.
Very fun. Can't wait for the official races.
Quote from N I K I :@Frank: Cool story bro.

I loved how LX6 behaves in that double right corner where you need to lift a little bit (4th gear corner, with a raise and then dip in 2nd apex). Just beautiful to exit with powersteer at i dont remember exactly, but like 150kmh.
And overall, the car is just a lot more fun to drive than LX4 as you just need to push it all the time, but not overpush, because mistakes are hugely paid in time and i believe places if you are down the grid.
Very fun. Can't wait for the official races.

i found myself entering at 5th.
But qualified 2nd in both races im very happy with, in lx4 race i kept good lead from the green flag. Got a better start than Csaba who had pole. I only lost because of miscalculation of fuel. i thought i learned from this and put alot more fuel in lx6.

In lx6 race, i managed to spin in warm up lap
but after recovering, i challenged Niki into the last chicane, had to take wider line which left me behind. Made silly error in first corner, and i was in 4th.

Coming onto the double right, i hit apex nicely, sneezed, and ended up facing backwards and in 6th. From there it was a game of catchup.

I took back 5th and 4th easily and my next target was Csaba who was guest driving for SR. Slowly over 5-6laps I was catching and making time on him, i thought his tyres might be gone or worn out, but i got bit understeer, and he increased gap again. making me start again.

by the time the last lap came, i closed gap to 2secs on last chicane. But like the first race, just after crossing line, i ran out of fuel. At this point I was head butting my wheel and swearing :P

But only practice round so i learn from my mistakes and carry alot of motivation into round 1. Also good drive from all the SR guys, we finished on top in both races, also grats to Csaba for driving for SR and I hope that he performs this good throughout the league.
Quote from Franky.S : also grats to Csaba for driving for SR and I hope that he performs this good throughout the league.

what league,i only signed up for round 1
Nice practise round... And my first LFS event.

My first failure was to go pit on same monent, when I read message: dont shift+s/p during qualification session. I thought, I could go from pit lane to pit, but it was misunderstanding. I was lucky, because Corny failed too and qualification was restarted :-) So, I found myself starting from the middle of the grid.

Quote from Cornys :I had a starting error which delayed the start into the first sector, but that's why we run the practice events.

I lost just about 4-5 places on the flying start. Is it the WR? ;-( I was ready on starting line, but I missed totally the later start commad But I got positions back fastly during next two sectors. There were some nice racing in the begining but after ~4 laps, I was alone and just waiting for chequered flag. Franky´s fuel mistake gave me 4th(?) place.

I built my LX6 setup from my (not so good, I guess) AS6R set in 10 minutes before joining to the event server. So my LX6 was far away from good. During qualification I was totally out of pace - a lot of little mistakes, but I supposed trouble was adaptation to lx6. Again, I was middle of the grid after qualification. I made some little changes before the race. And I was one sec faster in race after heating tyres (lap 3 or 4). And I was even more happy, when I was able to continue the same pace lap after lap.

Quote from Franky.S :I took back 5th and 4th easily and my next target was Csaba who was guest driving for SR.

It was so annoying to follow you, when my car doesnt work at all in hard braking zones. I lost a lot of time before a hairpin and last chicane when avoiding the flat spots.
Quote :Slowly over 5-6laps I was catching and making time on him, i thought his tyres might be gone or worn out, but i got bit understeer, and he increased gap again. making me start again.

I thought, it was me who wake up predator again... I luckily out braked you before last chicane and drove one sector front of you. Then you found more speed again :-) Im not sure.. Would be nice to see replay - I forgot to save. The ending of the race appeared exciting before Franky was out of fuel again Then I was cruising again... to the 4th place.
Quote from Lamma :Nice practise round... And my first LFS event.

My first failure was to go pit on same monent, when I read message: dont shift+s/p during qualification session. I thought, I could go from pit lane to pit, but it was misunderstanding. I was lucky, because Corny failed too and qualification was restarted :-) So, I found myself starting from the middle of the grid.

I lost just about 4-5 places on the flying start. Is it the WR? ;-( I was ready on starting line, but I missed totally the later start commad But I got positions back fastly during next two sectors. There were some nice racing in the begining but after ~4 laps, I was alone and just waiting for chequered flag. Franky´s fuel mistake gave me 4th(?) place.

I built my LX6 setup from my (not so good, I guess) AS6R set in 10 minutes before joining to the event server. So my LX6 was far away from good. During qualification I was totally out of pace - a lot of little mistakes, but I supposed trouble was adaptation to lx6. Again, I was middle of the grid after qualification. I made some little changes before the race. And I was one sec faster in race after heating tyres (lap 3 or 4). And I was even more happy, when I was able to continue the same pace lap after lap.

It was so annoying to follow you, when my car doesnt work at all in hard braking zones. I lost a lot of time before a hairpin and last chicane when avoiding the flat spots.

I thought, it was me who wake up predator again... I luckily out braked you before last chicane and drove one sector front of you. Then you found more speed again :-) Im not sure.. Would be nice to see replay - I forgot to save. The ending of the race appeared exciting before Franky was out of fuel again Then I was cruising again... to the 4th place.

hehe, was nice racing with you when i lost control of my lx6. my setup wasn't one i had prepared to use so i had no clue what would happen but when we were fiighting i couldnt get away from you because of my tyre issue. they would oversteer terrible on slow turns and sometimes maybe even understeer.

Next time i will fix it, and also my fuel problems
and good job securing 4th
This thread is closed

Practice Round: Discussion Thread
(13 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG