The online racing simulator
Saints Row The Third
(28 posts, started )
Doesn't need 64 bit nor W7
Quote from Raunokas :it needs 64 bit windows , fffuuu .
or anyone can confirm that it works on Win 7 32bit ?

I play it on XPSP3 on a P4 machine with 4 GB of PC3200 RAM and an ATI 512 MB GDDR3 HD 3850 AGP8X and DX9c with the "medium" preset selections for "display" in the game. The only issues are that sometimes my player clothing corrupts and it is a setting in my graphics control that i have to change to fix it, but I have not ever remembered which setting is the issue determined which one, i have to just go back and fiddle with them when it happens (not often). Another issue was that to conclude one of the missions, "the Belgian Problem" I have to reduce the resolution of the game (I play it in "windowed Mode" in the 1920X1080 resolution that fits my screen) the solution which I found in saintsrowmods.com (and about the only solution I found to anything there worthwhile) and also the "mods" there will just screw up your game and are not worth your time. The Mods are all just taking elements from one place in the game and making them available elsewhere, such as substituting the stripper cops for the male cops and usually if you install one, you have to uninstall another. They jsut aren't worth the trouble and most don't work. The game is designed well enough and I think these people are masturbating their egos pretending it isn't and hack (as in not very good) "hacking" it to feed their egos .
having said that, Saint's RoW IV is out and I don't think my old PC will play it. But I think it is all in the graphics card because when i got the game, i couldn't even install it on this computer. however, i upgraded my video card and then could install it. but when i couldn't install it, be aware that it did not give me any message or reason why it would not install.
SR IV demo will install and then will not play, so i assume that my PC isn't up to it, so i am not going to buy it. So this game seems to be pretty good at determining if one's PC is up to the task. If you can't isntall or play SRTT or SRIV and you have a P4 machine or less and a graphics card with less han 512 mb of Video RAM, that is your issue. There is even one lower setting than "medium" in the game you can choose.

other than that I have a game play issue I need an answer to if anyone knows how to kill killbane in the final mission "gangstas in space," please let me know because all the BS about how to that I've seen so far is all lies. I can't kill him with the lava crystals on the head because i shoot one on his head and it makes him go down with a question mark over his head for me to "finish" him, but there are NEVER any more lava crystals over his head to drop on him=, hitting, him doesn't work, shooting him anywhere doesn't finish him off nor does a "finishing move" have any affect, nor is there a quick time event to perform to finish him like it "murderbrawl." I have read that I kill him with the crystals, which is a lie qnd IU have read to finish him off with a "finishing move" which is a lie. one doesn't work and the other isn't possible because I've just dropped the only crystal there is to drop on his head in his location.
Great...
Wot a surprise.......

"The ghost of THQ is still with us today as some of the publisher’s greatest hits find new life on GOG. Deep Silver and Nordic Games, who bought the rights after THQ’s demise, have released Saints Row 2 + 3, Darksiders 1 + 2 and Metro: Last Light Redux on the digital store, all at a discounted price until May 18th.

This is the first time any of these games have been made available completely DRM free.

Metro: Last Light Redux is an upgrade to the original gritty, dystopian FPS. Not as great an update as the strangely absent Metro 2033: Redux, but still good fun. Whereas the Darksiders games are less “depressing Russian wasteland” and more “colourful comicbook gods and monsters”.
And Saints Row is what happens when you let Grand Theft Auto have too many sweets and then hand it a giant dildo. Hopefully at least one of those tickles your fancy.

Despite being an eclectic mix of genres and styles, all of these games are well worth the money. So if you somehow haven’t grabbed them yet, now is the perfect time. You can find them on the GOG website, or through their new GOG Galaxy standalone client."
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/11/saints-row-drm-free-gog/

Like all these old games , cough 'LFS' cough, they are only single core, so strangely enough, a 3.2 Pentium 4 will kick ass.......

And, talking of old games, I'm sure many of you will remember Oregon Trail.... Here you go, for the memoriez and the Lolz....
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990
And, the 'deluxe' version... https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_Deluxe_The_1992

Saints Row The Third
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG