The online racing simulator
The Redemption 100
The Redemption 100
An event by Realistic NASCAR

Server Location: Realistic NASCAR Server
Password will be sent to all entered into the Realistic NASCAR Database via PM.
Date: November 20th, 2011 @ 13:30 GMT
Distance: 100 Miles (54 Laps)
Track: Kyoto Oval (KY1)
Car: XRR (Unrestricted)

Day Schedule:
  • 13:25 - Mandatory Driver's Meeting (If you do not attend you will not race)
  • 13:30 - Pool #1 Qualifying (12 min Hardcore qualifying. Drafting allowed)
  • 13:45 - Pool #2 Qualifying (12 min Hardcore qualifying. Drafting allowed)
  • 14:00 - 10 Min. Break
  • 14:10 - Duel Race #1 (8 lap race. Can end under caution flag)
  • 14:30 - Duel Race #2 (8 lap race. Can end under caution flag)
  • 15:55 - Redemption 100 Grid Stacking in Lobby
  • 16:00 - Green Flag falls upon the Redemption 100

In order to sign-up to participate if you have not competed with Realistic NASCAR or entered into a series with us before you must enter the following information here:
Driver's Real Name (LFS World Name) - Country - Full Team Name

Example:
Quote :Cameron Corns (Cornys) - United States of America - Realistic NASCAR

If you are not private messaged within 24 hours of this post you can assume that you are not a part of the Realistic NASCAR database and will need to sign-up to be entered.

Post here please if you are interested in participating.

ONLY Drivers who prove themselves worthy of racing in their pool qualifying sessions AND duel race will be permitted to move onto driving in the Redemption 100.
Times have been updated. Breaks have been added to assure the administration has time to determine which drivers did not prove themselves worthy of competition.
I am in!
Me too.
Im in!
Im in
Quick note that I think everybody has already assumed. All times are GMT
#7 - Emyn
Yeah, will be fun on Sunday!
Sunday's gonna rock, I may have 3 events back to back
Count me in
Count me in
Hey last time there was discussion that XRR is more suited for Oval coz of square bumper. Why is that? Is it coz in case one accidentally bumps against it, it won't lose control due to the unform straight line contact?
Quote from rageshgr :Hey last time there was discussion that XRR is more suited for Oval coz of square bumper. Why is that? Is it coz in case one accidentally bumps against it, it won't lose control due to the unform straight line contact?

Yes, and it is easier to control through turn 3. In the end it will come down to checking mirrors and making sure that you are clear prior to merging though.

This will reduce some major issues though on it's own.
Yes I agree coz the rear end will swing like a pendulum in FZR. What abt an FXR event later ? I think most will disagree with this idea saying the car is too planted and boring etc What abt restricting FXR to send 95% torque to rear? :P I am just thinking out loud
I would like to sign-up me and my friends

Przemek Wdowiarz (przemek21061995) - Poland - Team Vires

Piotrek Krzyżanowski (Pietter) - Poland - Team Vires

Miłosz Garbolewski (asnl) - Poland - Conquest Racing
Quote from przemek21061995 :I would like to sign-up me and my friends

Przemek Wdowiarz (przemek21061995) - Poland - Team Vires

Piotrek Krzyżanowski (Pietter) - Poland - Team Vires

Miłosz Garbolewski (asnl) - Poland - Conquest Racing

We'll be glad to have you I'll be adding you guys to the list and sending you the PM with all of the required information ASAP
Reminders and a quick and short definiton of the rules that will be used will be PM'ed late tonight / early tomorrow

Quick Summary:

-Bump Drafting will not be permitted in the corners, nor will it be permitted to be used excessively. A quick bump in the stright away to clear another car will be permitted, but you must be certain that that vehicle is stable enough to be bump drafted with and that he has adequate romm to move forward without striking another vehicle. Bump drafting that occurs in the corners or that causes an accident will be penalized, so be careful if you plan on bumpdrafting at any time.

-Drivers who cause more than 1 yellow over a race will be removed from the event and not permitted to race in any further sessions of the day.

-Causing incidents under yellow flag will cause a competitor to be moved to the back of the pack and those involved will not receive their position back. Causing a second incident under yellow flag will cause a competitor to be removed from the event.

-Qualifying will occur in Hardcore style and will be used in order to determine which competitors should be barred from participaion in the Redemption 100.
Ricardo Belo (RicardoB) - Portugal - Black Bull Racing
Officialy, we are done with oval events. We've proved rather well that we are unable to race them in quick cars properly therefore we will not be returning to a similar event anytime soon. I'm sorry that today was the way that it was but we as an administration team gave it everything that we could and that was not good enough. We will not make the same mistake again, because we will not run oval races again.

Thanks for giving us a try, and don't be scared away by this event. Our road races are nothing of the sort.
Yes dude, our TBO were quite ok, because of 1) Road cars slow speeds 2) non-oval track. Hey we can UF1+50% restriction in case of an oval race, no crashed then Joke aside, hoping LX would be a good event as well.
From organizing point it wasn't that bad,just some mistakes like too much caution laps and that red flag situation,didn't really get the idea of the use of it... Even safety car driver fell asleep while red flag was out...

Was happy to win,especially after being hoplessly 10th for the longest green flag run. And the the final straight - well,was an ugly block,but still - win is a win...
nikopdr, what the hell was that in T3 on lap 59?
Yes total pile up, ruined my race too
(Sasha-55) - Canada - LegiT Racing Team

(minimaxracer) - Canada - LegiT Racing Team

Were In
Event over. It was a one off event
Quote from Cornys :Officialy, we are done with oval events. We've proved rather well that we are unable to race them in quick cars properly therefore we will not be returning to a similar event anytime soon. I'm sorry that today was the way that it was but we as an administration team gave it everything that we could and that was not good enough. We will not make the same mistake again, because we will not run oval races again.

Thanks for giving us a try, and don't be scared away by this event. Our road races are nothing of the sort.

Well it would be a start if you learned from your mistakes and managed to control the event better, but obviously the shitty drivers didn't help. I'm sure Deko will be fine allowing you to see how NDR run oval events in the future from inside Race Control. In fact, looking at your location you could even pop round for sandwiches
Quote from boothy :Well it would be a start if you learned from your mistakes and managed to control the event better, but obviously the shitty drivers didn't help. I'm sure Deko will be fine allowing you to see how NDR run oval events in the future from inside Race Control. In fact, looking at your location you could even pop round for sandwiches

It did run much better this time, but I think we need more experiance under our belt to run this properly. We're talking as a team about ways to run things better. We'll get it right eventually, ut we're going to make sure that next time we know we're going to run it right.

It'll be a while before I try it again.

I might have to drive over there and say hello to him during the Kyoto 250 this year

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG