The online racing simulator
LFS Super GT Series: Announcement
LFS Drivers and Teams, welcome to the LFS Super GT Series!

OVERVIEW

This new series draws inspiration from the Japanese Super GT championship (formerly the JGTC). It uses two car classes, called GT500 (roughly 500hp) and GT300 (roughly 300hp), both based on LFS's GTR class. Races are approximately 90 minutes in length, and each team will be required to make one driver change between the 30 and 60-minute marks. Each "race roster" will contain two primary drivers and one reserve, but only two drivers may actually drive the car in each race. SCs will be used, with a procedure similar to IGTC.

Unique to the LFS Super GT Series is our pre-qualification procedure. In many series, if more than the maximum number of cars are registered, an open pre-qualification period is used. In this setup, a set number of the top points teams are locked into the field, while the others compete to set the fastest possible single lap in pre-qualification. In our series, the top 10 in each class will be locked in, and everyone else will need to race their way into the field via a 30-minute Qualifying Heat Race, just prior to Official Qualifying. We hope this will add an extra layer of excitement to what should already be a very exciting race format.

All LFS drivers and teams are welcome. Each team may enter a single car in each class. However, smaller groups of drivers are welcome to form squads of their own if they wish to participate in every round.

Full rules, finalized balancing, and an official schedule will be posted soon, and we should have our own subforum once we jump through the required hoops.

PROJECTED CLASS BALANCING

GT500
FZR 1% + 10kg
XRR N/A
FXR N/A

GT300
FZR 29%
XRR 35%
FXR 34%

UNOFFICIAL SCHEDULE

Round 1 - November 5, 2011 - Aston Grand Prix (AS5)
Qual: Hotlap Pre-Qual
Main: 34 laps

Round 2 - November 19, 2011 - Blackwood Reversed (BL1R)
Q: 27 laps
M: 80 laps

Round 3 - December 3, 2011 - South City Long (SO4)
Q: 20 laps
M: 60 laps

Round 4 - December 17, 2011 - Kyoto National Reversed (KY2R)
Q: 19 laps
M: 57 laps

Round 5 - January 7, 2012 - Aston Cup Circuit (AS22)
Q: 19 laps
M: 57 laps

Round 6 - January 21, 2012 - Fern Bay Gold (FE3)
Q: 25 laps
M: 74 laps

Round 7 - February 4, 2012 - Westhill International Reversed (WE1R)
Q: 20 laps
M: 60 laps

Round 8 - February 18, 2012 - Kyoto Grand Touring Circuit (KY32)
Q: 13 laps
M: 38 laps

SERIES STAFF

Admins:
Ben "DeadWolfBones" Keough
Phil "PMD9409" Diaz
Jonathon "rc10racer" Pickard

Marshals:
TBD
#2 - Fuse5
woop!
new formats ftw
better of the two GT formats (the other being ze GT1 format)
\o/

time to dust off le SC430 Eclipse skin
Interest much I have
#4 - Seb66
winning
LLM is interested. Seems FXR is pretty disadvanatged in GT300 though.
#6 - Seb66
Good
Gt300 = the awesomeness :d
Awesome!
btw, we are aware of the date conflicts with the Nations World Cup and are looking for ways around them.
GT300 want
Quote from Bmxtwins :LLM is interested. Seems FXR is pretty disadvanatged in GT300 though.

R3/R2 could possibly go the whole race distance if driven properly. Will save you 7-8 seconds in the pit stop. That's quite a bit in a 90 minute race.

Also, four of the tracks on the "provisional schedule" is suited toward FXR.
Quote from PMD9409 :R3/R2 could possibly go the whole race distance if driven properly. Will save you 7-8 seconds in the pit stop. That's quite a bit in a 90 minute race.

Also, four of the tracks on the "provisional schedule" is suited toward FXR.

tires shouldn't be a problem, we managed r3/r2 with 31% rest. on FXR. I think we will use FZR or XRR though.
Nice
This sounds fantastic. I've watched couple of those races and they're very exciting. Thank heavens GT1 is not dying. With Realistic NASCAR FZR Cup Series we're set for 18 races over next 5 months, more than ever before.

Kudos for only few open configs, the good ones.
#16 - Dmt
Fantastic! I have been missing such things for a long time. The only bad thing is that its on Saturdays, which is very bad day. Having 90-120min race on Sundays would be perfect and most of people would agree with me, I think.
I wouldn't mind moving the races to Sundays (it would avoid the conflicts with the Nations World Cup, for one thing), but I'd like to hear from more interested drivers what they think of the idea.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I wouldn't mind moving the races to Sundays (it would avoid the conflicts with the Nations World Cup, for one thing), but I'd like to hear from more interested drivers what they think of the idea.

The Realistic NASCAR Cup Series is attempting to have races on most of these Sundays

I don't know if you'd like to avoid conflict with us or not.
Blrgh.
Quote from Cornys :The Realistic NASCAR Cup Series is attempting to have races on most of these Sundays

I don't know if you'd like to avoid conflict with us or not.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Blrgh.

Corny you should say that your series ends around 1730UTC that might help planing
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I wouldn't mind moving the races to Sundays (it would avoid the conflicts with the Nations World Cup, for one thing), but I'd like to hear from more interested drivers what they think of the idea.

I'm a long time lfs enthusiast but saturday is the worst day for racing for me. I love cup racing in every form but it is really bad for a man like me to spend a saturday's night this way. Family, social life... Ok, time to time I sacrifice a saturday's evening for lfs (GT2 world series atm) but I simply can't do that more.
A few years ago when the 1st czech lfs league was alive, races took part always on monday because of "the weekend problem". 90 mins race isn't so long, if it ends around midnight I have no problems to get up next morning and go to work. I understand if saturday is chosen in case of long races but this is not somehow long really.
Do what you want anyway, I've just posted this because DWB wanted to hear more opinions.
I agree with Martin ! LFS france have made some leagues on wednesday for many years and sometimes with nearly 75 drivers ! these races were basically some 60 minutes races with a 30 minutes qualify so I think making a 90 minutes races during the week can be a nice and new approach !

Btw awesome news ! Can't wait for it !
Unfortunately, with both admins being Americans, I don't think a weekday schedule will work.
I was speaking with Niki about this and I said I wouldnt do it because of the day. I have no idea why leagues are put on Saturday's since it's one of main days people go out with friends family etc. Sunday sounds much better to me
Quote from Dmt :Fantastic! I have been missing such things for a long time. The only bad thing is that its on Saturdays, which is very bad day. Having 90-120min race on Sundays would be perfect and most of people would agree with me, I think.

GT3 runs sundays starting in December/January
also a fyi to DWB. But dont think those will conflict as I can probably work around your schedule if any conflicts. Looks good ben

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG