The online racing simulator
2011 Discussion Thread
Realistic NASCAR's World TBO Championship Series is about to get under way with it's practice event. That it was held on short notice, there is a small (3 driver) turn out.

22 S. Amarasuriya has taken the pole in his FXO (5% restriction) at KY2.

The race will be starting in 4 min. If you desire to watch we are on LFS remote (we're too poor for anything else)

There's still a whole 3 weeks left to sign up in order to make round 1. If you qualify to race in the series, we'd love to see you take part
It would have been nice if all World TBO Nascar stuff was under one thread with sub threads...hard to find all the different threads on LFS Forum.
Quote from Ken Johansen :It would have been nice if all World TBO Nascar stuff was under one thread with sub threads...hard to find all the different threads on LFS Forum.

I agree, but due to the fact that we don't have money to pay for a website, we're unable to have that
All the [important] threads fall under Leagues and Events Sub-forum (http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Simply click on that and look for threads starting with "World TBO Championship Series [...]".

You need to meet certain criteria to have an own sub-forum, so this'll have to do for now. Since Cornys has used a naming convention (and posted the threads in the correct sub forum) its quite easy for us to find where everything is...
It was a good race today, I was enjoying it. The only problem for me was T1. Someone hit my back and the result of this was reduced camber on the most importatnt rear right tyre. It was good in slow corners but I was loosing grip in fast ones. My pace in training was faster... I was dissapointing to watch the cars behind me closing especially in 4th gear corners but I couldnť go faster. I'm sure I could fight for the victory or at least stay safe on the podium but it is racing, damage happens. On the other hand fights were really nice. P4 is good after all but I'll be aiming higher next time (and hopefully I'll avoid any damage like today). Congrats to Niki and sbb, you had a great pace both!
For me the race was pretty dull. Only first ~10 laps was intresting and there were someone to fight. In another laps I was just building cap infront of chasers...

Edit : I aslo made excel table, not official, but still. Didn't added teams which have less than 5 points. You can find standing here.
I came into this without much training. I had some old set, but it was good. Managed a good lap to get myself on front row and I knew what I had to do in T1. To pass sbb was only option. Speaking of T1, ironically Ghost it was your teammate who gave you damage, hehe. I had my fair share of damage as well. It came after SC. The bump from sbb was the last thing I would expect. I saw him coming, but I had no idea he couldn't stop and only when it was too late I tried to flink to the right so he can fly by. However that didn't work. Kudos for good sportsmanship and waiting right there, although if he didn't I'm sure it would have been drive-through, which doesn't really cost too much on this track, so imo admins should give him SG in that case, but obviously it wasn't necessary.
Anyway back to damage. I was under impression passing back thru the field would have been easier, but everyone decided to make it though on Elton and me and really go for it. I can't really complain as I had a lot of fun, but I expected some guys to be cleaner. Speed senna and Invecs are these guys. Both of them changed their line in middle of the braking zone. The one with speed senna resulted with damage for me and the other one with bump in invecs ass and a warning for me. I don't see how I could have avoided these contacts when I gave strong impression of taking inside line early and committing to late braking. When you're so late on brakes you can do nothing if someone just comes across but bump him. The fights with spdo guys were top class clean racing. Ghost put a lot of resistance and this was the most interesting battle of the race with sbb right behind us. Eventually I got past with my damaged car and took ennd completely by surprise to take the victory.
Elton made a huge challenge staying close to me at all times and even attacking number of times, even on last lap. It was deferentially a new level of pressure.
Bring on Blackwood.
Quote from N I K I : ironically Ghost it was your teammate who gave you damage, hehe.

Yeah...I have to thanks a lot the #33 XRT that helped me a lot for it; pushing me in t1 and t3. In T2 accident I simply don't see that we are 3 wide and I touch #33 that send #68 to #16. So I appology to the cars that were involved in that incident (although #68 could have go wider and #33 could have given up its impossible overtaking attempt bu tI have to admit that I made the wrong move).

I was totally out of pace after the restart, dunno why, was simply slow, loosing lot of time on my team mate. Was driving without being totally concentrate so I had some bad times with my rear tyres (whereas I was struggling with front in practise). Anyway that race was cool, I try to resist when N I K I catch me but he was too fast for me, having a good side by side in sc2 anyway . Battle for the win should have been epic !

Congratz to N I K I for his win and sbb for his catch up and of course his awesome fair play !
I enjoyed the racing today had some fantastic fighting. Appologies to I think it was Pavez I turned at T2 L1. I got tagged and clipped you as I was trying to regain control. Got up as high as 7th at one point after the safety car restart after diving between 2 cars.

My best move of the race was on car number 77. I was in a three way fight with 77 and I think 96. 77 first passed me by getting the run down the straight in S3 where you have the run of area on the right. He had a better exit which put him alongside me down the straight and gave him the inside for the left hander where he passed me just before the end of sector 3. The very next lap I was able to set him up and pull the same move on him. I wasnt ahead of him by the time we reached the left hander like he was on me but I was able to outbrake him. THink 96 was just hoping we both collided but were too profesional for that. Tho there was a few times were there was racing rubbing to say, Im still here. but nothing on the intentional crashing level. haha

Then I was loosing out toward the end, the tyres kept getting too hot so I would have to back her down for a lap or so to cool em. But then I lost 12th as I the tyres were just hopeless. With just half a lap to go I was forced to pull of the track and retire at the start of s3 due to NO MORE GO GO JUICE!!!
Yes, Scotty, it was a very nice move. I was behind you for a bit and managed to pass both of you, then next lap I saw it coming but there was not much I could do. Well done

I got disconnected on lap 22 or 23, unfortunately, I was catching up as I think tyres were starting to wear out all around and I had taken good care of mine. Pity
Quote from N I K I :When you're so late on brakes you can do nothing if someone just comes across but bump him. The fights with spdo guys were top class clean racing.
[...]
If he didn't I'm sure it would have been drive-through, which doesn't really cost too much on this track, so imo admins should give him SG in that case.

Well, having watched NASCAR most of my life, I've come to expect a little bit of bumping and banging with racing, but we're entertaining an international crowd. I gave warning due to the fact that you were attemping to over take. You would likely not have been given a penalty if a crash occured there after Speedy watched the replay. He watches the replays, and he's the international voice in the admin team which keep my American views in check I'll warn just to try and avoid the admin team from needing to act. The final word will always go through both members of the admin team, so between the 2 of us we'd like to beleive that we'll always get it right

Since the yellow flag was called due to that incident and you both lost positions, yeah, no penalties. Had there not have been a yellow and he would have kept going, he would have been given which ever the team would have beleived to place him behind you in order.

Congratz on the win. It was a very much earned win, in a very exciting race

Protests thread is open until 30 hours after the race's finish at 17:20 GMT. Official results will be posted after that period has passed. Thanks for the amazing race today everybody
Quote from scotty2888 :I was in a three way fight with 77 and I think 96.

Yea,I finally found some pace in that phase of race to catch someone,caught you two fighting there,joined you,passed you,left you! Since you two were still fighting (at least it looked like for me in map and position standings),it was easier to pull away.

Later in race managed to catch Terho (looked like he had tyre problems,but not sure) and passed him,but he still followed close almost for the rest of the race not letting me to relax even a slightly. Last 5 laps I was watching the tyres and guessing - will they hold till the finish or not,fortunately they did,I believe for the only race in this championship,as this was the shortest...
I believe tyres can last 61 laps in BL1, but barely... It will be a gamble. I think I can make it, but I might pit halfway through just to be on the safe side.
We should run a drug test, Elton and Nikifor are on steroids I'm sure!

Or they are feeding nitro in their engines, well done to both. Great watching your fights on the replay.
Thanks everyone for congrats it's been a fantastic race. Thanks to admins for providing us with servers and administrators work, we couldn't be out there without you.
And I just want to say it's lovely to see everyone posting about their race, seams like everyone had a fun time out there. Tell your teammates and friends, we can make a 30 car grid guys.

mtrein: I was actually using steroids earlier this year, dunno if that helps racing really.
One thing that I would also like to poing out, is that in both qualifying, and in the race, the XRT world record was broken

Reminder that this is WITH running a 1% restriction
That was a good race There were lot of drivers that could have won it, but N I K I and sbb were ofc the two masters one more time.

I didn't make a good qualifying session, starting only p11 but I knew I could do much better. Start of the race was pretty risky, there were lot of contact in front of me that enables me to be something like p8 before the SC period that was shown while I was fighting with Isaac At the restart, I manage to stay in front of N I K I while Isaac divebombed Eiton, bad luck for him :s Finally I succed to overtake Karl and then #88. I was now p5 right behind my friend A3roX with whom I was on TS. He was fighting with Andro and Isaac that receive a SG penalty for the crash he had earlier, so we were now 3 to fight for p2, Julien manage to overtake Andro and few laps later I do. Then it was a cruise race with my friend, trying to maintain (and reduce ) the gap with Joe, and trying to resist to N I K I come back. On lap 49, Joe wait Julien and then slow him down certainly to enable N I K I to come back and overtake us to gain more point for championship, anyway, he failed at that because Julien manage to overtake him with a nice outside move ! En of the race was really close then because we were 3 in only 1s, several time Joe was side by side with Julien for the lead and we were side by side for p2, but finally classification didn't change.

That race was really fun, can't wait for next one !
Yeah great race, had the lead from nearly start to finish, had about a 7second lead but me and Niki decided that since im not really in a challenge for the championship we needed to try an get him max points. So I waited and slowed up p2 and 3 but thn got passed (great move btw ) and then I was just trying to fight back. Went for a crazy move in last lap and hit Julien and took the lead but then brakes after next turn to let him back past. Had very close fight with Morgan after that but managed to hold on for p2.
Great racing cya next time
#21 - sbb
Half of the race I was like in single player mode. Hope I have luck in the next race
I did my absolute best this time but bad luck was everywhere. For starters missed on pole position and then had such an isanly good start that I overtook sbb before line. Thinking its ok since GT2ws rules were still in my head. Anyway I brake late into T1 having confidence that tires are warm enough, but what a mistake. Joe uses this to get past around outside in the chicane and we really give ourselves room. I would have made a comeback move down the straight if Isaac could notice that in situation of two cars side by side in corner where thats not meant to be would have to carry significantly less speed. But he didnt and I was trown to the lions for the rest of the day. He apologized, but that's not worth any points. DT for jumping the start would have trown me down less than he did...
Anyway thanks to andro and ennd for clean racing. Cant say chasing you twice wasnt enjoyable.
Bad luck followed me to the end. Not only that I had to settle for 4th, but after having the fastest laps for 2/3 of the race, sbb beats it on very last lap taking whats anyway too big reward for that.
Not a great race from me. Well ITs to be expected as I had no practice for it really due to only coming back the saturday night and being busy most of Sunday before the race. Tho I was able to be on pace in qualy, race I was ok but but not great. I was in quite a few fights but for some reason didnt seem to have any pace down the straight and cars were just easing past me.

Anyway. I didnt finish the race due to damage.

Approching the right hander at the end of the straight I had my car about half way up the inside of another car and so I went for it. But he also moved across to take the apex. We contacted but just pushing and rubbing eachother but it put me right up on the inside kerb. I could see it was turning him round so I slowed down a little bit more than normal but this just meant I got a tap on the back bumper which them put me sideways before recieving a shunt from a third car. THis sent me spinning and sliding across the grass and smacked the wall. IT bent the steering. I continued on for a few laps hoping for another safety car to get it repaired without loosing out too much. But it was hopless, the damage was destroying my front tyres so I called it a day. Better luck at Fern bay I guess.
Official Driver Standings After Round 3/6
1st - 76 Elton Chong - 69 pts
2nd - 02 Nikifor Đaković - 65 pts
3rd - 16 Andris Pavars - 41 pts
4th - 12 Morgan Trolle - 36 pts
T5th - 08 Ronald Kampars - 34 pts
T5th - 88 Arturs Jonaitis - 34 pts
7th - 03 Karl Raudsepp - 28 pts
8th – 46 Julien Schein – 25 pts
T9th - 96 Ronalds Kronpuss - 24 pts
T9th – 93 Edgars Pulins – 24 pts
(^ Do not have to qualify on time ^)
11th - 99 Maris Znotins - 23 pts
12th – 36 Joe Holmes - 22 pts
13th - 23 Martin Silhanek - 18 pts
14th - 77 Marcelo Trein - 12 pts
T15th – 80 Diogo Tiago – 10 pts
T15th – 33 Valtteri Pitkanen - 10 pts
T15th - 22 Santhush Amarasuriya - 10 pts
T15th - 09 Richardo Belo - 10 pts
T19th - 34 Karolis Motiejuitis - 9 pts
T19th – 11 Ken Johansen - 9 pts
20th - 64 Matiss Linde - 8 pts
21st – 83 Antti Terho - 6 pts
T22nd – 62 Ergin Karakus - 5 pts
T22nd - 06 Pawel Korpulinski - 5 pts
24th – 82 Arttu Ylostalo – 4 pts
T25th – 68 Scotty Moore – 3 pts
T25th – 47 Joona Rantala – 3 pts
T27th – 69 Joni Saynatmaki – 2 pts
T27th – 75 Michel He – 2 pts
T27th – 15 Timo Stadius - 2pts

Official Team Standings After Round 3/6
1st - My3id Gaming 87 pts
2nd - Tiger Express Motorsports - 69 pts
3rd – LAG - 61 pts
4th - TheReality Racing Team - 58 pts
5th - spdoRacing - 54 pts
6th - Sonicrealms Racing – 34 pts
7th - STO Racing Team - 31 pts
8th - Genuine Racing – 25 pts
T9th - Avarijas Brigade - 20 pts
T9th - Black Bull Racing - 20 pts
11th - Dirus Racing Team - 12 pts
T12th - Drunkteam - 10 pts
T12th - Force Racing - 10 pts
T14th - Supremacy Racing Team - 9 pts
T14th - Last Lap Motorsports - 9 pts
16th - Master Team Drivers Zero X-treme - 6 pts
T17th - Team Falken - 5 pts
T17th - rForce - 5 pts
19th - Barracudas - 4 pts
20th - Scottybear Racing - 3 pts

Official Nation Standings After Round 3/6
1st - Latvia - 98 pts
2nd - Hong Kong - 69 pts
3rd - Bosnia - 65 pts
4th - France - 36 pts
5th - Estonia - 28 pts
6th - Belgium - 25 pts
7th - Great Britain - 22 pts
8th - Finland - 21 pts
9th - Portugal - 20 pts
10th - Czech Republic - 18 pts
11th - Brazil - 12 pts
12th - Lithuania - 9 pts
13th - Bahrain - 6 pts
T14th - Sri Lanka - 5 pts
T14th - Germany - 5 pts
T16th - Norway - 3 pts
T16th - England - 3 pts
18th - China - 2 pts

This took most of my working time to make tonight I'm afraid. Everything else will be ready this time tomorrow.
Very expected sbb cough another pole position. I could have made slightly better lap, but just not enough for pole position. However the race is my deal and fastest lap of the race demonstrates this. So we talked about change of green flag start rules and right away Cornys gives impression that they're changing for the next race. I get pm, make sure that new rules are there and then one last time just to check it I ask on the grid. On a great surprise of mine the rules are suddenly not changed, or better say are changed back to old rules. The start goes terribly as I get bumped just before the green flag by Karl which upsets the rhytm of my car, trying for an outside move, but that fails and I drop to 3rd. Ok no big deal let's get the position back. Next lap totally accidentally I get it back. I'm braking on my normal braking spot, but he in FXO brakes a lot stronger and slightly earlier so I have no choice but to dive. Miraculously no harm done I'm back in 2nd.

I notice that I have more pace than sbb so I'm catching him and then bang SC. Ok few laps to save tires. On restart I'm trying an outside move and we touch on apex of T1, he spins due to lag. I've checked the replay and Elton your lag today was a lot worse than ever. This triggers SC even though he didn't get cought in sand or hit any other cars or flip on the roof. Well it was a very dangerous situation, but it was a great save for him as well. Oh and Karl again managed to pass me as a consequence of my clash with sbb.

So here we go again action. And as sbb is quite far back I take it easy and work quite a bit to save tires and safely pass Karl. That took me couple of dozen of laps. And then again SC, like ordered for Elton. I'm thinking to myself goddamn just as I opened the gap it had to happen and for a second I thought to sacrifice couple of spots for tire change, but it was just too early and tires would be in heat for the rest of the race, so I'm counting with another SC for this option. Well I tried by opening some gap and saving tires again if SC didn't happen, but sbb quickly passed everyone and cough up with me in my tire save mode. And there I am desperately trying to defend victory and save tires. Unfortunately we made contact and Elton spun out, this time not really caused by LAG. As it was clearly my fault I gave the place back and made an attack the next lap. I'm really sorry about damage you picked up there Elton.

However there was Maris who took advantage of the situation and I had to haunt him down and get past. Now I totally forgot about tire saving from here on risky for victory and if I didn't manage this in few laps I'd most likely stay pleased with 2nd, but I did and then my race went to ruin instead of where it should have. Maris took a very, very wide line into T1 and normally I assumed he would stay there as the braking zone came, making an easy target for a dive with my superior XRT brakes kicking in just before the apex. But I failed to notice that he did a very unsporting thing. He pointed his car towards the apex making line tighter and tighter. Something I would never have anticipated before the braking zone, judging by his positioning of the car to the left. And what was a perfect manover on Karl and Elton suddenly became a disaster. Both cars spinning of and loosing place to Elton. This was not my fault, but anyway I gave the place back since I knew admins wouldn't see it my way. This also hurt my tires greatly and I had to make the move all over again using tires to the maximum. And suddenly a backmarker gets in my way. Ant, that was hugely cocky of you sport. Should be penalized with grid penalty for next race imo!

So I'm again in the worst possible position with Elton winning and myself in 3rd trying to catch an impossible gap with few laps to go. But you can't fight your inner self and spirit to take any possible points to the end. With two laps to go rear tires are gone and I'm down to 8th.

I believe both of these late crashes should have triggered SC, just like the early one with Elton did, but that's just me. I also don't understand why was the most dangerous track of the calendar having the longest distance, doesn't make too much sense to me. If the last SC didn't happen or if another on happened after that or if only Maris took a normal line, I might still be in title chase, but now it looks impossible for me and I don't think I'm going to sacrifice another Sunday with my family for this kind of race!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG