The online racing simulator
Round 2 - Fern Bay Classic (FE25) - Race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Drivers and Managers,

Welcome to the second round of the 2011 IGTC Season, which will see our cars take to the tight and twisty Fern Bay Classic layout. How will GTRs handle the triple-hairpin complex of the new half-oval? Can't wait to find out! Have a look at the race information below, and feel free to discuss the race in this thread!

Server: IGTC 2011
Date: 16th July 2011
Password: PMed to team managers / co-managers
Track: FE25 (layout to be finalized)
Schedule:
  • 16:00 UTC: 30-minute hardcore qualifying session
  • 16:30 UTC: 20-minute free practice/break
  • 16:50 UTC: Gridding begins; starting drivers should be on the server at this time
  • 17:00 UTC: 4-hour race
16:00 UTC = 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST

To convert into your local time (if not listed here), either compare UTC vs your local time in the LFS lobby screen (singleplayer can do this also) or use the Time Zone Converter.
What will Wilko end up doing this time :fluffy:
Server password PM'd to all managers and co-managers (I hope).
Layout is on the server for testing currently. I'd like to get people's opinion on the first chicane. Too tight? Too fast? Anything wrong? I'll only take some suggestions until the end of this week, and then I'll make it final so all teams know what layout we will be running.
Turn 1 is awesome IMO
Ah so you like my idea?

The problem with my idea is the lagg people get when driving over those ramps, when looking at other cars.
Quote from PMD9409 :Layout is on the server for testing currently. I'd like to get people's opinion on the first chicane. Too tight? Too fast? Anything wrong? I'll only take some suggestions until the end of this week, and then I'll make it final so all teams know what layout we will be running.

any chance you can post a pic? I'm on vacation and would like to see, obviously can't comment until i try it though.
Quote from aroX123 :Ah so you like my idea?

The problem with my idea is the lagg people get when driving over those ramps, when looking at other cars.

afaik we're not using your ramps on the server atm.
Scared me for a minute. Ramps? No, not this layout.
Yeah i was woundering, using my idea would be crazy
In my opinion a bit too tight, but i can live with it
Quote from terga :In my opinion a bit too tight, but i can live with it

IMO aswell. And I really cant imagine qualify with 30 drivers going flat out on that track. I think 2/3 groups should be made, so all drivers could get a decent laptime going, not to wait others, who have f*cked up or smthing.

Just a thought
#15 - IMOL
Quote from Ghost.. :IMO aswell. And I really cant imagine qualify with 30 drivers going flat out on that track. I think 2/3 groups should be made, so all drivers could get a decent laptime going, not to wait others, who have f*cked up or smthing.

Just a thought

+1!! That would be really good tbh
Too tight for me. And why are there so many tires on the grass??? If somebody accidentally hit tires there would be chaos. We all know that tires are flying when hit and if your hit......
Quote from M.M.L. :Too tight for me. And why are there so many tires on the grass??? If somebody accidentally hit tires there would be chaos. We all know that tires are flying when hit and if your hit......

I took a quick look and it does seem a tad tight, i do agree with the suggestion for seperated qualifying groups because this way hotlaps can be done easier without running into as many cars.
Well if it's such an issue I'm sure the admins will just run it over 2 servers and use the tracker to produce the grid.
I dont particularly have an issue with how tight the hairpin is.

One point i have noticed when following a car is that the car in front usually clips the little bollard on the left,which isnt a problem in itself but its actually a very handy marker to spot the edge of the tyres as you turn in.Not having this when following is usually (for me anyway) resulting in clipping the actual tyres and we all know what can happen to cars following that

Is there any way that there could be maybe another bollard sticking up behind the tyre so it is less easily clipped or even a way to "replenish" the missing bollard quicker?

Just a suggestion that doesnt necessitate a major change and may ease a bit of carniage

For those that are dying to make smart arse comments.Dont bother
all in all the layout is ok i think. maybe the chicane could be a little faster... would be perfect without the pole: and thats a problem anyway. this pole will fall every single lap, im sure. maybe just delete it ?^^

what i would like you to do is replacing the tires in the chicane. I think its quite difficult to see those yellow tires... would be better to take red/white ones
The pole is there precisely to give drivers a visual cue as to where the edge of the raised bumps is. Drivers will not be penalized for hitting the pole, either in qualifications or the race. We'll follow the rulebook regarding the "two tires on-track" rule (H4-4.2).

Zock, thanks for the suggestion re: the color of the tires. We'll have a look at that.
Quote from zockmachine :
what i would like you to do is replacing the tires in the chicane. I think its quite difficult to see those yellow tires... would be better to take red/white ones

absolutely agree with the colour of the tyres there.In a way,its the same issue i was talking about
Tire color can easily be changed. I used yellow to blend in with the rest of the track. Since this bit is different than the normal track, a "bright" look to it would be smart to use.

As for the pole, like Ben said it is just a reference, we won't be checking constantly. However if you are jumping tires/curbs (consistently), have fun with a DT.

I'll have it changed by tomorrow.
If you change them in T1 can u do it in last turn aswell?
Quote from JPeace :Drivers adapt to the track, track doesn't adapt to the driver

Except for KY3B and whatever custom chicanes are being used at FE.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG