The online racing simulator
Joystick as shifter
(6 posts, started )
Joystick as shifter
I recently got a Wingman Force 3D and used FFShifter and it all worked fine without LFS running. The gears keep in and everything seems fine. Then when i start LFS the joystick goes into gear but does not stay there. Any help?

EDIT: Its working fine now. If you want to know turn the sounds off in ffshifter
Sorry for double post

Another problem. When i press t to talk the gear automatically goes into neutral but my joystick in still in gear! Any way to fix this?
hey dude, glad you finally found an ffshifter school had me so busy, sorry for not telling you.

as for your problem, check if any of your virtual buttons are mapped to T. that's the only thing I could think of...
Quote from bennyherber :hey dude, glad you finally found an ffshifter school had me so busy, sorry for not telling you.

as for your problem, check if any of your virtual buttons are mapped to T. that's the only thing I could think of...

Ok thanks benny. Found a dirt cheap one (£7 incl. p and p) so sorry for not buying yours but i doubted you could've got it to me cheaper! Thanks
EDIT: None of the buttons are mapped to T
well I do know that ffshifter doesn't emulate straight keypress, but like directinput or something, so it essentially can't press the button for the gear when you hit t for chat (but since it isn't emulating actual keypress, it doesn't put letters into the chat). so you might just not be able to have the car in gear if you have the chat box open
Hi!
I want to use ffshifter software, but i just can't get it to work.
I tried to run it with lfs, tdu, and tdu2. It stays in gears when the software window is active, but when i open the games, it goes soft and doesn't go through gears. I opened notepad, and put the joystick through gears, and emulates the keys correctly, and the keys in the games are assigned correctly. Is there any key combo that must be pressed when in game, to activate the software?

Joystick as shifter
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG