The online racing simulator
Quote from sinanju :Thanks for that (/p_clear).

Need to think about it, as, due to a lack of space, it would probably mean deleting the Unban button from the first penalty screen, placing the CLEAR button where the Ban (+) button is, and moving that button to the Unban button place.

Either that or maybe add in an additional page.

OPTIONS
Messaging
Track Options
Pitland Options
Penalties (clicking takes you to PENALTIES)
Pit HUD Display

then

PENALTIES
Driving Penalties (clicking takes you to DRIVING PENALTIES)
Ban Penalties (clicking takes you to BAN PENALTIES)

DRIVING PENALTIES
30 Secs | 45 Secs
StopGo | Drive Thru
Clear Penalty

BAN PENALTIES

12hrs | 1 Day
7 Days | 30 Days
90 Days | 999 Days
Clear Ban

Let me know what you think, then I'll have think about it.

I like that idea because i have used the unban thing before.
Cheers mate
Quote from Krayy :...The wife broke her finger on Monday so I'm running a bit behind

If I was in anyway sexist, I'd wonder why you have to run behind your wife just because she has a broken finger!

My (almost ex-) wife was always complaining about always having to run behind me - but that was just to pick things up!

I'd recommend co-codamol (aka Tylanol) for any pain - great stuff! I'm having to take it because of a trapped nerve in my back. Pity prescription limits to only 8 tablets a day.

What with these tablets and the Lidocaine medicated dressings I wear, I'll have to watch I don't get a drug habit.
Version 1.6 just been added to first post.

In version 1.5, I put in a proper penalties section, where you have to specify nickname of driver to be given a penalty. With this version, I've now expanded penalties to 2 separate pages, with driver penalties (30 secs, stop'n'go, etc) and ban penalties (ban 7 days, ban 90 days, etc) with each page having its own undo (undo penalties / undo ban).

Code should be easy to change if needed as I've put lots of comments in.

After some basic research, I found a couple of 'events' that could be added (/pit_all and /pitlane username). This should be "reasonably" easy to do. Just means I have to change the layout of a page and add 4 more sub-routines, and make sure no big bugs.
To anyone that can't get the Race Control Manager to work, some instructions:

First, I assume that you have lapper loaded and you can get it to work?

You need one of the newer versions of lapper (version 6). Might work on earlier versions, but I never tested it on them.

In your lapper directory, you will have various folders. These are normally

bin
doc
spec
src

Go into your bin folder, then default folder, then includes folder.

If you've already downloaded the rcm zipped file, extract the racecontrol.lpr file into this folder.

In the same folder, there is a file in there called addonused.lpr

Open that (use Notepad or something).

At the bottom, add this line

include( "./racecontrol.lpr");

Save file, and close.

When in LFS, and you've done /insim 299999 to get lapper working, typing !rcm (or !rc or !racecontrol) AND you are the admin for the server, then the race control manager screen will open.

If you aren't the admin, you should get an error message to say you are not admin. This proves that the race control manager is working. Just that you don't have the necessary privilages to use it!

Follow these instructions, and it should work.

Good luck.

Sinanju
Version 1.7 just been added to first post.

I've included commands to pit everyone (/pit_all) and pit just one specified player (/pitlane <username>).

I've also tarted a couple of the 'penalties' screens up.
Attached images
Lapper RCM Screens V1 7.jpg
I had a thought about the Race Control Manager, and it was that if an Admin was going to use it, rather than piddling about within the RCM menu's trying to find the right section, then the button you want, wouldn't it be better if you had it all up on the one screen.

So, for that reason, I'm currently working on RCM version 2.

I've got an image that I'm working to, and an image of where I'm currently at coding wise.

Before I get much further, anything else I should think about adding?
Attached images
RCM V2 idea.JPG
Lapper RCM V2 wip.png
Vary nice well done
Version 2
I've now done a second version of the LFSLapper Race Control Manager.

Rather than having to navigate thru various menu's/screens, it's all on the one layout.

This layout has been designed for use by an Admin on a 2nd screen. I've also done the buttons in such a way that it may well be possible to use a touch screen to control most, if not all of the buttons.

Zipped code in very first post.
Attached images
LFS Lapper RCM V2.png
VARY nice thanks for all of this your the best
how do i change the email address?
Quote from Jonathon.provost :how do i change the email address?

Look in the
Lang "EN" section, near the bottom, and search for
rcm_smess2
Should be in alphabetical order.

Currently reads
rcm_smess2 = "^2email address is: ^6sinanju@hotmail.co.uk";
ok thanks allot
Quote from sinanju :This layout has been designed for use by an Admin on a 2nd screen.

Here you said that it is for a second screen so would it be possible for a move screen thing so that you can move it to your second screen.

EDIT:
maybe when you press the safety car out there could be something like the attached on the side of the screen, and when its coming in this lap that could go away then see attachment 2

EDIT:
Also how do I remove or edit the welcome message

EDIT: Also the Whisper Global Message doesn't come up on other's screens but the shout dose
Attached images
sc.JPG
yel.JPG
Quote :Here you said that it is for a second screen so would it be possible for a move screen thing so that you can move it to your second screen.

Whoops. Meant to make Left and Top numbers into Global variables once I'd got everything in correct place. I might do that if I update.

Quote :
EDIT:
maybe when you press the safety car out there could be something like the attached on the side of the screen, and when its coming in this lap that could go away then see attachment 2

I can make a yellow flag ok (I use one on my server) BUT if you put large text onto it, then the flag breaks up into strips, with the letters between the strips.

I might look into that further as flag doesn't have to be as big as I use.

Quote :
EDIT:
Also how do I remove or edit the welcome message

Which message is this? Do you mean the welc1 message in the lfslapper.lpr file, or one in my rcm lapper addon?

Either way, look in the Lang "EN" section, and change the text to suit.

Quote :
EDIT: Also the Whisper Global Message doesn't come up on other's screens but the shout dose

I'll look into that one.
penalties
is it poss with lapper or race control manager to give a penalty lower than 30 secs or a grid drop (ie 5 places) after qualify and before race start ?
As far as I'm aware, the only LFS penalties that can be given are;

/p_dt USERNAME :give drive through penalty
/p_sg USERNAME :give stop-go penalty
/p_30 USERNAME :give 30 second time penalty
/p_45 USERNAME :give 45 second time penalty
/p_clear USERNAME :clear a time or pit penaltyThis would mean that 30 seconds is the least amount of time that could be given.

In my Race Control Manager add-on, a 30 second penalty is shown in the line

cmdLFS( "/p_30 " . $text );

You could try changing the 30 to a smaller number to see if it will work?

Failing that, maybe a Drive Thru penalty (/p_dt) might be more appropriate?
Quote from paul88 :is it poss with lapper or race control manager to give a penalty lower than 30 secs or a grid drop (ie 5 places) after qualify and before race start ?

LFS allows for a REOrder packet to be sent to the server to reorder the grid any way that you want. We started to implement this code but ran out of steam before it got fully implemented. May get around to it if S3 comes out.
Quote from Krayy :May get around to it if S3 comes out.

I know exactly how you feel.
Help.
Hello,
Im having problems getting this to work, but i put the racecontrol.lpr in bin\default\includes and i open the LFSLapper And Type In !rcm And Nothing Happens

EDIT: And I Have 6.0.1.2 And Cant Find 6.0.1.4 ANYWHERE
Krayy's removed his 6.014 versions from his post altogether now, but 6.012 should still work.

I assume that you've added the following line to the addonsused.lpr file?

Quote from sinanju :Krayy's removed his 6.014 versions from his post altogether now, but 6.012 should still work.

I assume that you've added the following line to the addonsused.lpr file?

Nope, Thanks, Have Now!
hello Sinanju, it's very usefull tool for my brefing before races, but i do not find the way to control the display time of RCMmessage, it seems to be set on 5sec (but not sure) is that a line or command in RCM.lpr or global in lapper.lpr ?
when i manually display a rcm message , it stay on screen until i type a RCC command .. so i think no
Hi. Had to go look back as haven't used this add-on for a lot of years!

The code is;

<?php 
Sub GoRCMglobal
$Admin Message,$text )

closePrivButton ("rcm_priv&rcm_closeprivbrcm&rcm_global&rcm_closeglobrcm");

openGlobalButton"rcm_globalrcmmessage",35,35,130,17,6,5,0,"^1Admin: ^6" $text );
EndSub
?>

If you want shorter than 5 seconds, then change the timing part of the "rcm_globalrcmmessage" button (the number before the zero).

<?php 
    openGlobalButton
"rcm_globalrcmmessage",35,35,130,17,6,2,0,"^1Admin: ^6" $text ); # 2 seconds

openGlobalButton"rcm_globalrcmmessage",35,35,130,17,6,3,0,"^1Admin: ^6" $text ); # 3 seconds

openGlobalButton"rcm_globalrcmmessage",35,35,130,17,6,4,0,"^1Admin: ^6" $text ); # 4 seconds
?>

Hope that helps Smile
thanks for your fast answer Sinanju but unfortunaly, no lines as you wrote are in the racecontrol.lpr

i find line little similar :
----------------------
Quote :Sub GoRCMglobal( $Admin Message,$text )
closePrivButton ("rcm_instruct&rcm_privmsginst&rcm_closeinstruct&rcm_teammsginst&rcm_queryback&rcm_priv&rcm_closercm&rcm_global");
GlobalRcm( "^1Admin: ^6" . $text );
EndSub

Sub DoRCcloseinstruct( $KeyFlags,$id )
closePrivButton ("rcm_instruct&rcm_privmsginst&rcm_closeinstruct&rcm_teammsginst&rcm_queryback&rcm_priv&rcm_closercm&rcm_global");
EndSub

Sub DoRCsmess1( $KeyFlags,$id )
$Host = getLapperVar( "HostName" );
closePrivButton ("rcm_queryback&rcm_instruct&rcm_closeinstruct&rcm_privmsginst&rcm_teammsginst");
openPrivButton( "rcm_smess",30,38,140,16,1,5,0, langEngine( "%{rcm_smess1}%"),$Host);
EndSub

Sub DoRCsmess2( $KeyFlags,$id )
closePrivButton ("rcm_queryback&rcm_instruct&rcm_closeinstruct&rcm_privmsginst&rcm_teammsginst");
globalRcm( langEngine( "%{rcm_smess2}%" ));

---------------
do you think it's line in Bold wich is concerned for duration ? i see the "5seconds" you was talk about ...
Replace your "Sub GoRCMglobal( $Admin Message,$text )" with mine - basically your GlobalRCM with my OpenGlobalButton.

That way you can change the timing.

And yes, you can change the timing (5 seconds) in the private button you've highlighted.

You can change any timing of any Private or Global button.
thanks, i must replace each line beginning globalrcm by your line openprivbutton and change n° rcm_smess
and it works

[CODE] Race Control Manager
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG