The online racing simulator
6 Hours of Fern Bay Black: Race Discussion

Hey guys.

We've put in a temporary layout for the Fern Bay Green chicane. We'd really appreciate it if everyone would give it a go and say how they feel about it.

We've done this because we feel the chicane is unsafe as-is for the standard of driving we like to see in MoE. In short, we feel it was just as "broken" as the KY3 oval chicane was before its fix.

Please don't just try it once and post a quick opinion. Do several laps in a row to get a real feel for it, and then offer constructive criticism if you think it can be better.

Thanks!
#2 - Hahmo
I've done a bit of testing last night and day before, i'd say it is helpful when thinking about the risks of not putting in the layout, and in the end KY3b worked really well so why wouldn't this.

And it's quite nice aswell
#3 - Seb66
done a stint with it.. its fine
I'm all for using that layout, it's easier on the cars and drivers, much safer and could probably even provide a new overtaking spot.
The layout is horrible...I hate it, always fail to get the right braking point.
#6 - Fuse5
Quote from Timo1992 :The layout is horrible...I hate it, always fail to get the right braking point.

you do realize that that is your fault, not the layout's?
its the layouts fault
It's Scawen's fault for making stupid layout objects.
#9 - Seb66
Quote from Seb66 :done a stint with it.. its fine

One thing I would say, is the bales in the "escape route" kinda area should be removed.. I doubt a following driver wants to be dodging flying bales
Quote from Seb66 :One thing I would say, is the bales in the "escape route" kinda area should be removed.. I doubt a following driver wants to be dodging flying bales

Yeah just use a red/white barrier instead. :rolleyes:
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah just use a red/white barrier instead. :rolleyes:

Why use anything
Let's skip this round
Quote from Seb66 :Why use anything

Twas a joke nob. Charlie Sheen could have figured that out.

Using nothing will have people 'wanting' to take the escape route. Winning!
#14 - CSF
Quote from PMD9409 :Twas a joke nob. Charlie Sheel could have figured that out.

Using nothing will have people 'wanting' to take the escape route. Winning!

Charlie Sheel?
Totally agree with the general idea, this chicane is just too odd for any kind of serious racing. This layout looks okay overall, though maybe a bit too slow to my likings.

Maybe put more stuff next to the apexes(tyres, etc) a bit like how it's done with the Boothy chicane, to prevent extreme cutting... Because if someone cut the only bale at the first apex, the people next to him can cut as much as they want as it currently stands. I belive it's on your to-do list though, as this is only a provisional version.

Seb is right otherwise, putting those bales on the outside is asking for trouble.
Quote from CSF :Charlie Sheel?

Was typing in white, I didn't check.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Totally agree with the general idea, this chicane is just too odd for any kind of serious racing. This layout looks okay overall, though maybe a bit too slow to my likings.

Chicane = slow. Remember, they are trying to stay away from Eric's thinking.
This will prevent me from doing a nice flip like in gtal, which is a good thing tough It feels abit tight but i like the idea, as said add something that will stop extreme cutting
new version of the layout appearing 2 hours before the quali was unexpected
i therefore would like to negate the whole GT1 qualifying session by sirius having an advantage of knowing the layout beforehand
and me apparently not setting a single clear lap : D
Quote from Fuse5 :new version of the layout appearing 2 hours before the quali was unexpected
i therefore would like to negate the whole GT1 qualifying session by sirius having an advantage of knowing the layout beforehand
and me apparently not setting a single clear lap : D

Sorry, the "new" layout did not change the radius of the curves significantly. There will be no negation.
i know i know
twas just a rantish comment with no real aim
just would be better to know this earlier next time
it still changed the visual side of it
and lapping is all about visual & muscle memory
Why is it even needed to run a chicane there, without layout the corner is the same risk for everybody..
dunno but happy birthday

Quote from Rudy van Buren :Why is it even needed to run a chicane there, without layout the corner is the same risk for everybody..

Yes, it's just as dangerous for everyone.

The real issue is the very real chance of being taken out by someone else's idiocy there. This new chicane removes that possibility and adds a possible passing opportunity. Everybody wins!
-
(Rudy van Buren) DELETED by Rudy van Buren : whatever
when's the race replay gonna be put up?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG