The online racing simulator
OWRL kicks back into action with S2 Season 18

The Open Wheel Racing League announces its next S2 Season starting this month. S2 Season 18 will bring you the best open wheel racing in Live For Speed using a variety of formula cars. Once more, all drivers take part in the same competition to fight for the championship in one of LFS longest standing leagues. This season will see drivers deal with the Formula XR for the first two races, then get ready for close action in the Formula BMW in the middle section and jumping in the Formula V8 to decide the championship.

All events will be run using the sprint and main race combination, where the top 8 finishers from the sprint race are reversed for the main race. Once more not only a driver championship will be battled out, also teams will fight for the honor of being the best in the first 2011 edition of OWRL's S2 Season series.

Calendar
(# date: track (car) - # laps sprint / main)
R1 26-02: Kyoto National (FOX) - 8 / 27
R2 12-03: Aston Historic rev (FOX) - 6 / 21
R3 26-03: South City Long (FBM) - 9 / 28
R4 09-04: Fern Bay Gold rev (FBM) - 11 / 34
R5 23-04: Blackwood GP (FO8) - 11 / 35
R6 07-05: Kyoto GP Long (layout) (FO8) - 7 / 28

The 'Boothy Chicane' to be used at round 6. Click for full size

For all events, a 15 minute qualifying session decides the start order for the sprint race. The top 8 finishers will be reversed for the main race starting grid, encouraging even more close racing. We will use as many servers as needed for all interested drivers. Servers are limited to 28 drivers per server.

For the sprint race 33,33% of the points will be awarded. For the main this is 66,67% for a total of 100%.

In a season the worst result is dropped. The points are compared on a event basis (sprint/main race combined for phase 1 & 2). This means, if a driver completes and scores points at all six events, the event he scored the least points in is discarded. If a driver misses an event, that automatically will become his worst result. The two drivers scoring the most points for each team will count toward the team championship.

To join, simply register on www.owrl.de and sign up for each event you plan to take part in. For further details on the competition, see the S2 Season info page.

S2 Season info page
OWRL tracker
Call for marshals
www.owrl.de
Tried to register,but:

Quote :That doesn't appear to be a valid email address

Well,why it's like that? Never seen any problems with my e-mail,I'm using Latvia's biggest e-mail service inbox.lv,which I used to register everywhere.
Sorry to hear you have a problem with that. The system we use for our site doesn't accept some mail accounts. If you PM me your address and preferred username, I can set up an account for you and will reply you with your login details.
I put here on the forum skins 2040X2040
Just a heads up, if you want to take part in the opening round this season you have to sign up before 17:00 CET this saturday.

To join, simply register on www.owrl.de and sign up for the Kyoto National (FOX) event. We will use as many servers as needed, so as long as you have a time on LFS World we will assign you to a server. The server info will be posted only on our site about two hours before the event.
Website is down or just me?
The website is down at the moment. I can still login to the FTP so the web server isn't completely offline.

If it doesn't come back online we'll post more in this forum.
Is there a way I can appeal a decision by the admins? Because there is no way in hell I should be given a DT for my 'incident' in sprint race with the DRUNK guy.

And it says 'Apparently he was beyond his limit in trying to overtake' when I had the racing line for next corner and who the hell is to say I dont know my own limit? I had the move done, I had a small slide which I corrected and thats a drive through? What the hell?

Comparing it to some of the decisions made in the marshalling, its pretty bloody unfair. Kristoff gets only a warning for wrecking on cool down lap which, no matter if it doesnt affect result, should be a bannable offence.
Quote from zippytheone :Is there a way I can appeal a decision by the admins?

No.

Quote from rules :12. Race Marshals

Penalties imposed during or after an event are final and will not be reconsidered.

Aye thanks Yann shouldve looked a bit harder.
Sorry but it looks like the old double standards have come into play here: last season in OWRL F1 the championship leader used multiple swear words and insults towards another driver and received a warning; this season we see a ban for using an insult and a swear word. Good job, I always like to see consistent inconsistency.

As for Tom's penalty, even Stevie Wonder could see that the little contact made was exacerbated by lag and the other driver running out of talent trying to collect the slide...
Quote from boothy :Sorry but it looks like the old double standards have come into play here: last season in OWRL F1 the championship leader used multiple swear words and insults towards another driver and received a warning; this season we see a ban for using an insult and a swear word. Good job, I always like to see consistent inconsistency.

+1

Simon, go apologise to the admins and they'll let you off if they're consistent admins
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
I'm not going to explain or defend decisions made in the past and now, but I'd like to say publicly that if my fellow marshals ever find me using insults on an OWRL server, I do expect them to treat me with the same penalty.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG