The online racing simulator
Was a really great and a fun race. Dropped by one position during the race [right at T1 got overtaken by the SAVAGE guy and I couldn't manage to get past him during whole 18 laps], but at least I managed to hold my position during those 18 laps with no problems what-so ever
Thank you for the great event, guys. Hoping to see another one next week
I had great fun in this event Thank you guys!
Right on time joined the race!
Event rating and other statistics updated! Niki with his new name remains rating leader by quite a margin over Reno,who is absent for 4 races already,3rd is event host with his 100% attendance,4th todays birthday kid Flaminator (resent,followed by Pacans with same points count,but with worse positions. Currently a total of 72 drivers have scored at least a point in last 10 races (thus shown in rating).

Other statistical highlight - after yesterdays race Troy is now the only leader in fastest laps count,he has set the fastest lap in all his 6 appearances,followed in this discipline by Reno and Zeus (each 5 FLs).
35th RTFRi info
31. jul., 2012.

The little UF on steroids is up next and it's a tough challenge for this car - the open configuration Aston Classic Boot is spiced up with a chicane,a tight hairpin with wide exit and last chicane is made so much slower,offering drivers a complete challenge - 2 long unstraight straights,a lot of technically difficult turns and of course the favourite turn for car flipers! Lap length is not measured yet as I don't have LFSRelax anymore and it's download location is dead,but good laptime is estimated at 2min15 - and that 15 times around will make this event a good thriller even for hardest nerves!

Server is already up and running and it is kindly sponsored by Team Rock Racing!
Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race
Results of 35th RTFRi
Qualification:

Race:

Statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated tomorrow evening)

Unfortunately this race was shadowed by an idiot (can't find other expression),that's why first things first:
Driver [LFT]KristapsLV (LFS licence kira112) is banned from RTFRi and all other events I happen to organize for 1 year (until July 31,2013 included) for intentional wrecking. A suggestion for all organizers to not allow take part in events or observe him closely (even he doesn't seem active on league racing),as he proved his unmature behavior with driving against racing direction and intentionally taking out race leader after he did the same to his (leader's) teammate. His actions will be also publicated in local communitys so everyone knows who they are dealig with.

But after all the troubles,croatian driver qeD representing MTDZX- colors,took victory in his 1st ever start (he qualified twice before,but never started) after close battles with Redline's Stuart,who managed to finish 2nd for the second time here,while first time participant from France - Yeman took solid 3rd. Best of latvian drivers was zz with 4th place finish,which was his 8th top5 finish,while finnish driver Aku#58 celebrated his first top5 in his second race.

Now it's back to normal 2 weeks break between races,after that - some non-slick tyre action!
Forgot about the event. Congratulations to all who finished - well done
Good race. R3 slicks sucked here.
WHAT. Why haven't I seen this thread before?! I'm game for next race.
36th RTFRi info
14. aug., 2012.

The still only road legal real world car of LFS is set for the next race - allthough the finnish made Raceabout is voted the least favourite car of LFS community for last two years,it still offers a good challenge even for the best drivers with it's tricky handling. The venue for this race is sort of "easier" track and one of the classics of LFS S2 era - the 5.1km long Kyoto Ring National,run in it's original clockwise direction.
Even if half of the track consists of flat out oval,it doesn't mean half of the race will be a relax time,keep your focus and wheels inline for success!

Server is already up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
Even the oval is hard with this car
Might give it a try
Results of 36th RTFRi
Qualification:

Race:

Statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated tomorrow morning)

Seems like there is quite a good reason for Raceabout being so unpopular,very few drivers were up for this challenge,the best of them was someone who already is the best at hotlap charts,also at this very combination - Joe Holmes from My3id Gaming. After starting from last position,it took only 3 laps for the world record holder to take lead in this race and never he gave it up. He took the first win for the brits in RTFRi and also extended one streak - now already 4 events in row race is won by 1st time winner,extending RTFRi winners club to 19 persons. Second finished TRR's Zeus,who took his 7th pole position taking lead in this chart,leaving Litro in 2nd place with 6 poles. Last podium step was taken by another british driver - Redline's Stuart now finished in top5 3 races in row.

After the usual 2 weeks break it will be time for gripcars again,see you then!
This car is the worst even we are talking about straights...
I made a lap to remember the combo and... i changed my mind about race there
Event rating and other statistics updated! Zeus remains at the top of rating,likewise Reno in 2nd and Rony in 3rd,but we have a new entry in rating's top5 - Stuart now takes 4th position after solid performance lately,while Troy stays 5th. Pacans is the latest drop out from top5. A total of 62 drivers have scored points in last 10 races.
Now winners are from 10 different countrys,Latvia still leads with 15 wins. Also this was the 4th event when all started drivers also finished the race,unfortunately the best number drivers in a 100% finished race is still just 7 from 20th event. Also this race had the 10th closest finish and now there are 28 drivers,who have led at least 1 lap (Reno still leads this chart with just over 1/6 of all laps led).
Not tody?
next tuesday
37th RTFRi info
28. aug., 2012.

If the real life street legal car is very unpopular,the real life racing car Formula BMW FB02 can not be called as unpopular - this 140HP light weight single seater has quite easy handling,thus offering close racing. The track is chosen quite tricky - take original Fern Bay Black configuration,cut off the original start finish straight by using other part of FE Club and add the little oval - ready is the Silver Alternative 5.8km configuration with some new twists and turns!
Tyre choise and setup is crucial in this track - while R1 offers good grip but tends to heat out of comfort zone,R2s give you the chance to push all the way by sacrificing some grip. What will be your choise in the way to victory?

Server is already up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
Due to traffic jams in Munich,caused by recently found WW2 air bomb in city's center,which is the reason to block streets while neutralizing it,I will be late home,this means I'm forced to reschedule the start of event 20 minutes later! This means - qualifying will start 20:20 EET / 19:20 CET / 17:20 UTC!
Results of 37th RTFRi
Qualification:

Race:

Statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated tomorrow evening)

The relatively easier car brought somewhat more drivers and the race turned out quite intensive,at least at midfield - while leaders were pulling away from each other,futher down the field was some head to head racing,filled with mistakes by most of the drivers. But the glory is taken by drivers in front - the 2nd race in row was won by currently best hotlapper - 3id Gaming's Joe Holmes,this time he was on time for qualifying and took also his (and british) first pole position on this event by beating closest rival by just 1 hundreth of a second in this 5.8km custom configuration. His eight top 5 finish was scored by runner up Zeus,who had to concede to his ex-teammate also in race,while the last step on podium was taken by "greenlander" Yann Laprevotte,which is his 1st finish in RTFRi. The driver with most wins,Reno had to settle for 4th place finish which is his 8th top5 finish,while,behind him,his compatriot Jan Torn from HT Motorsports took his first top5 in his 2nd race. A total of 5 previous winners were taking part in todays race,which (I believe) is a new best result.

2 weeks break,some street cars are next on line! (hopefully on time...)
Event rating and other statistics updated! (were already yesterday evening,but I was too sleepy to write something here). Top four drivers in rating remains in status quo (in following order - Zeus,Reno,Rony,Stuart),but 5th place is taken back by M.Kapal (with a new name,as it was his first apperarance here under Savage Simsports tag),pushing Troy out of it. A total of 58 drivers now have scored at least one point in last 10 events (a decrease by 4).
J.Holmes bacame the 8th driver,who has at least 2 wins and also the 3rd driver,who has managed win races back-to-back - first was Kars (winning 5th and 6th - his last wins though),then Reno won 3 races in row (26th-28th).
38th RTFRi info
11. sep., 2012.

It's only the second time of RTFRi visiting this track - and no wonder as this track is suited for fast cars,while with most of them everyone would have the "ah,again" feeling,so let's take the topspeed-wise fastest road legal car for this race! With 360 HP power output,the FZ50 is by far the most powerful road car of LFS while with 1380kg dryweight - the heaviest of all LFS cars,but don't worry - traction control and ABS will help you to tame a bit this big animal and those wide tyres will help you too if you be good to them!

Alright, finally an FZ5 race. Soddi bo that some drivers that always try to beat me didn't show up today, but I had loads of fun anyway. It's about the only car you don't want the race to ever end.
Quote from N I K I :I had loads of fun anyway. It's about the only car you don't want the race to ever end.

Same, it's the only car i drive on cargame lately.

Apart from two contacts it was good race, i was surprised i could hold it up there with damaged right side. Just sorry to Yvann, i think it was more of my fault.
Interresting to have a race with an unusual and overlooked car. The race was a bit frustrating for me personally though, the combo is so hard on the left rear corner, I spend most of the race monitoring the tyre temperatures - and unsuccessfully chasing Kid.

Quote from Kid222 :Just sorry to Yvann, i think it was more of my fault.

You did turn into the corner a bit abruptly indeed. But on the other hand, there was still a lot of place on the inside for me to hide. However, I dived from so way back, and carried so much speed through the corner, that I drifted wide, lost control and ended in your door panel.

In the end it's fairly 50-50 IMHO.

I don't regret for trying something however, I knew I wasn't going to have many opportunities to pass.

Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race (thread of 1st-218th / 2011-2019)
(1442 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG