The online racing simulator
Except this event is not about only me. So, who knows what the combo will be, I certainly don't!
Quote from blackbird04217 :Don't tempt me, the LX6 is my _favorite_ car. . .

Tries to tempt Tim to use the LX6.

Edit: WOW the sign up list is freaking HUGE!!
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Edit: WOW the sign up list is freaking HUGE!!

Not quite the H2H record list, and also the previous time I saw a list this big for H2H, a lot of users bailed out. But in any case, the list _may_ need pruning, changes to how the event is run or otherwise. As I said in the first post, Sim Racing Society reserves the right to pick through the desired participants by any means; first come, past h2h participation, speed etc.

Which is never an easy admin task, but we do not feel this is the time to try a 32 player event, given the nature of The Gathering Event.
If 21-32 drivers attend: Have a qualy, where top 20 get into the main thing.
If more than 32 signs up: Split into two groups, do two qualies, and combine the times from the sessions. Top 20 gets into the main thing.
Sounds alright? :P
Problem with running two separate 16 player 'events' is asking the 16 slower/"other" participants to wait until the first event is over. We have our possibilities listed, in private, and we (the admins) just need to sit down and decide how we plan on going about it, and splitting up the list.

I promise as soon as we know what we are doing, everyone here will know as well.
Full Name Registered for the Series Elon Berisha (ElonB13)
Past events participated: None in H2H
And I'm begging you to not only give the chance to the faster drivers on that list.

Since I think that's a bit unfair to slower drivers(such as myself).
It makes sense that the 20 fastest drivers get to race one another, but just give slower drivers a fair shot at it.
Because lets be honest not even making it trough a selection just because your usually 1 or 2 secs of the pace.
That is a big stomp on a drivers so called pride, and yes I know even if I make it trough I do not expect myself to beat one of the top drivers. (lol)

Although Head 2 Head for me somehow made me capable of doing pb time after pb time, and I actually ended up not being that slow.
For one, you should already know I/we admin as fairly as we possibly can.

As for the PB/improvements, it all comes down to practice and studying the craft. It isn't always about beating a PB, but being able to be consistent and understand exactly how a car will behave in a given situation. Which is why I love the LX6, it is my most consistent car, and I can get out of a lot of hairy situations in it. Oddly, I used to despise that car.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Problem with running two separate 16 player 'events' is asking the 16 slower/"other" participants to wait until the first event is over. We have our possibilities listed, in private, and we (the admins) just need to sit down and decide how we plan on going about it, and splitting up the list.

I promise as soon as we know what we are doing, everyone here will know as well.

I ment one event, but with two qualies to get INTO the event :P

But yeah, I guess Chrisuu01 and others will disagree :P
Abit late i know but always can hope.

Name: Jonathon Pickard (rc10racer)
Past Events: to many to name but MoE, IGTC, the usual.
Quote from rc10racer :Past Events: to many to name but MoE, IGTC, the usual.

I'm not sure it is too late, but I'm not sure what is going to happen on event day...

Anyways, have you competed in any H2H events? That is primarily what I am looking for, participation in past H2H events. The name seems vaguely familiar, but I could be imagining things again...
Quote from boothy :A few also did Face2Face

I get that, but really the participant list for H2H is so (if we chose), the admins can pick out who participated in the most H2H events/leagues. By nature of a gathering event those participants _may_ get higher ordering. Although I will not announce that officially because ultimately it is undecided. I will announce it as soon as we commit to a plan.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Anyways, have you competed in any H2H events? That is primarily what I am looking for, participation in past H2H events. The name seems vaguely familiar, but I could be imagining things again...

Don't think that i have done any H2H events before so i say NO.
Shaun Dacosta (shaun463)
Past events participated: H2H Summer Series / some test events.
I don't think picking the people who have done previous H2H events is a fair idea. Having new people involved in it, such as me, may show good potential and future talent. Obviously the regulars should get priority but don't totally alienate us new guys.
Quote from 91mason91 :I don't think picking the people who have done previous H2H events is a fair idea. Having new people involved in it, such as me, may show good potential and future talent. Obviously the regulars should get priority but don't totally alienate us new guys.

As I said in the first post, I want to see new faces as well as old. However, the nature/main purpose of the event was to unite the old participants bringing people back. I had no idea almost everyone from the past events would be joining. I still remain optimistic about getting as many people allowed in as I can, however I can't release any information since I am just speculating without the consent of other administrators in charge. By the end of the week we should know what is going to happen.

I understand the concerns, and I want to introduce new people to the event, but that may have to be another weekend, if I can't get things to work how I want. I know that a 32 player event is out of the question, even with the high number of sign-ups. Because the automated system is not able to run such an event, at this time.
Okay, we will be running two events back to back on the day of the gathering event. Because of this fact some of you will be asked to show up at a different time. A PM will be sent later this week to everyone with specific instructions. I will also edit the first post, and make a post here to inform everyone what is happening and what event/time they should show up for.

The combo is still unknown, as is the start time of the "other" event. We are debating to hold it two hours after the first event, (21:00utc), but I think that might be too late for a lot of participants, so perhaps two hours before would be better, at 17:00utc.

Both events will take place on the same combo, and it will likely, (not confirmed/officially decided yet) separate the returning participants from the newer participants.

When the PM goes out, if you can not attend at the specified time, let us know ASAP, as we will try managing a list of drivers available to switch timezones to ensure maximum participation in the upcoming event.

EDIT: Post 1985 (Birth Year)
Im in!
Name: Alex Gassman (minimaxman)
Past events: Did a few rounds of H2H before, can't remember which one.
Name: Andy O'Brien (aobrien)
Past events: Not sure
Name: Eimantas Kasperiunas (oldnavy)
Past events: none
Name: Laurynas Matonis (prOmo_LTU)
Past events participated:none

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG