The online racing simulator
Round 8 SO6 - Post Race Discussion
Wow. What a result!

@3J

Looked at Lap 2 Incident and Torrpa should have opened the space up there.

But due to the final result no penalties are applied.
I can't say I'm a fan of this track, but it went better than expected despite having my first race with ballast and a hangover.
I had a poor start - from 9th - I was pretty slow reacting when the lights went green, allowing Dadge to pull up along side me and pass at T1. However, I took that position back and gained another after Dadge and Kamo had a small coming together at T1 a lap later.

I decided to go for a pit early on rather than get into a fight with the pack ahead or behind me. I came out in last, 14 seconds behind Jokelainen. Shortly after Kamo pitted and came out a worrying 4 seconds behind me.
He eventually caught up on lap 23 after I got the chicane slightly wrong whilst trying to follow Jokelainen through it and he passed at the following corner.
After several failed passes from half-arsed attempts, I eventually passed Jokelainen on lap 28.
From there I was just waiting for others ahead of me to pit and climb up. Only Darra came out of the pits close to me, but towards the end of the race we were both lapping fairly quick and consistently, so the gap stayed 3-4 seconds for most of it.
I nearly stole 3rd place from Kamo after he ran out of fuel just after the last turn, unfortunately he coasted over the line just 3 seconds ahead of me.

Looking forward to AS3 next week, but not with an even higher ballast...
I really can't understand what went so wrong in that race... I didn't find my speed and my tire popped just 5 laps before finish line.. This race was something so awful
Wow, didn't expect that

Qual wasn't that great as I didn't really managed a proper 2nd sector, but still managed to sneak into the front row which is a season best for me I think.

I was pretty confident to have a proper race set and given the fact that South City has no curbs to flip the car I was aiming for a good result. Start was ok and I wanted to play cool for the first couple of laps and settle down a bit. But opportunity came in lap 2 and I set myself next to Torppaa on the backstraight. But apparently he didn't notice me being left at his rear tire and pulled over so my front touched his rear wheel and sent him into the barriers.
From that point on it was kinda more about staying focused and keep up my pace as I was slightly faster than the guys behind me.

Nice to finish a race for a change

Sadly I'll have to miss next weeks AS3 race (or can me move that a week?), so enjoy your race there
That was pretty nice but also strange race. I was sure i won't make it at all because of olfsl, but that ended on time and i was able to join 5 mins before the end of quali. I didn't had chance to do a proper lap with the time i had left so i finished 8th.

As race started i noticed that i havn't changed set,.. I started with my quali set which was very bad for the tires and after about 5-7 laps i had 70+ temps on left front. It held for about 45 laps but i somehow managed to find a good line, not to slide out and do normal times.
It was a good start and i had to fight my way to the top. Had nice wheel to wheel battle with Toe. Next lap was unfortunate. I think i didn't left Dadge enough space there and we collided resulting in me loosing few places. I couldn't find the right line in few next laps and kept touching the walls right after finnish line on that light left right before t1. That was annoying!!!
I decided it will be better for me to do a pit so i went in there on lap 7 and came out last... things didn't looked good for me - i was even thinking of quitting. The worse part was when i pressd f12 and saw that i'm using 1.1 % per lap and i loaded fuel for 1.0% per lap. . Disaster, but since i was going for the record in km per day in lfs i stayed. I finally managed to get a proper lines and started catching others. As i climbed higher i really started to enjoy this race again....well untill lap 58 when i passed DOC and had to slow down to save fuel. I bearly managed to get to the finnish line without a fuel on last 200 meters and save my 3rd place which turned out to be second as Doc got this penalty.

Thx Cropsy for push up there :}

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG