The online racing simulator
Round 5 WE1 - Post Race Discussion
Qualied nicely on 5th on last lap.

Received MP Replay : Out of stash space on lap 3 and got disco immediately after.....first time in 6 years something like that happened
#2 - garph
Well, that was the most boring out of the races so far. Maybe not boring but just too long, but after the last 2 races which have been in my all time LFS top 5 it would be difficult to match.

Still had some great moments, first 10 laps and the last 10 laps. Had a race long battle with pingo which was nice. Got some damage which gave me massive oversteer but as the tyres wore down it sorted itself out and I was motoring again.

Could have had 8th but took my eye off the ball for 2 seconds and it was gone so 10th it is, happy with that.
meh...

Quali went surprisingly well, got 4th spot.

The race didn't go so well. For most of it I was in a daze, the only thing keeping me fully conscious was the big pain in my arse which eventually became so numb I could barely stand afterward.
The start (along with the rest of the race) was very uneventful. After TJ had passed us like we weren't there, Siirto and I were half a second apart for what felt like a long time until he eventually disappeared from my mirrors.That's about the closest thing I had to a fight for the whole race.

I pitted around lap 32, expecting a tyre change as I had 'Change tyre if wear is 51%', but it didn't come. I think I might have a 20 second penalty from that pit entrance.
Exited the pits in 6th place with massive gaps infront and behind me.
After TJ pitted there was about 6 seconds between us. While it would have been nice to catch him, my main concern was increasing the gap of the cars behind me as I wasn't sure if I had a penalty coming my way or not. I figured I would finish 4th if the penalty stood, comfortably 2nd if not.. maybe 1st...
I was in a pretty good rhythm, consistently low-mid 10's and several new PB's. Then it all went tits up, on lap 52 I blew a tyre going into T4 and dropped down to 6th after my pitstop. And here I'm sure I'm getting a(nother?) penalty for cutting the pit entrance.
I came out just ahead of Gerdoner, as I was on new tyres I didn't hold back at all, but completely lost my rhythm. Even still, I slowly pulled away from him.
On Lap 59 a back-marker left a tyre stack on the race line entering the 2nd chicane. I punted this pretty hard and it sent the front of my car into the air leaving it with some fairly nasty suspension damage.
For the last lap my steering felt awkward. It was light, but controllable. Fortunately Gerdoner didn't close the gap.. but I guess it doesn't matter as I'm gonna be just about last after that penalty (or 2).
Mine was the best so far.

I was very surprised with early practice when I could match the times of faster guys.
Qualified in the top 10, really happy with that.

And my race was against the Zoom guys. A bit messy in the beginning, later Three Jump came storming and passed everyone after some laps. So Siirto was ahead of me, and the first half of the race was me trying to catch him, but the gap wouldn't change from 1-2s. Eventually did, and I pitted on lap 38 when I was ahead of him.

I noticed later why I could catch and pass him: he had lots of fuel. When I was back on track with 50% fuel he was breaking PBs far ahead. So that battle was lost.

But I had another, with another Zoom, Nareaho. The second half of the race was me trying to pull away from him but the gap wouldn't increase at all. Finished ahead of him, but only 1s ahead. Around 10 laps to go I was quite worried, but all went well. I was happy with fifth place, but for my on the last laps surprise Cropsy was very slow on the last sector and had to pit because of a blown tyre. So fourth it is!

Broke a lot of PBs, had a much-faster-than-anticipated pace, and made only one mistake on the last turn. I'm a happy guy right now.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone during the race, I talked too much. It's a boring track for these cars.
Well, that was fun. Qualified 15th or so, but what do you expect with 0 laps done
Thought if I just keep the car on the track I have a chance on a Top10 finish. First few laps were messy, nearly lost it on the 1st chicane after I touched an ATC guy (didn't see you, sry) causing a bit of a mess behind me I guess (sorry guys).
After that I had quite a few battles, more then in the first whole four races combined I guess (I remember thinking once "How often did I pass that Zoom guy going into that chicane now" :P). Pittet quite late, wanted to see how the tyres are. First I had "Change when wear >75"), but it was quite close (I was 1 second behind that Zoom guy when he pitted (sry, I kinda forgot your name... well, I know how it sounds but I guess I can't spell it correct, so I won't even try it ) so I "pushed like a hell" in the following laps, thinking that I'll change tyres anyway, so I need every second I get. Well, I think I had like 10 laps without any traffic, managing to gain quite a bit (thought you guys might be faster because you were teammates and use your slipstream, but apparently that wasn't the case )
Thought "Hm, just 11 laps till finish, maybe I don't have to change tyres at all", so I didn't change tyres... after my stop the gap to the car behind me was a bit more then 10 seconds, so I just wanted to nurse my tyres... which went almost horribly wrong after the 2nd lap where I drifted wide after T4, loosing 2-3 seconds... which is a shame because otherwise I would have taken Cropsy. When he came out right infront me I had a look at my tyres and went for it. Was able to follow him for 2 laps or so, but had quite a scary moment in T3, a really weird drift. At first I thought my tyre popped, but no. It's still kinda weird, it felt like a slow - motion drift, FFB was completely gone... it was controllable, but totally unexpected. Anyway, after that I just wanted to finish the race
Best situation probably was our 3-wide (?) going into T1 and everybody made it through... until T2 :P
Really enjoyed that race, a lot of hard but fair fighting... that was the best race, had as much fun as in Kyoto but actually finished the race

Too tired to proof read all that gibberish I just wrote
Well, I had a blast! Too much action, great fight with Gerdoner, and popped a tire at somewhere around 5 laps to go. Maybe I'll drive these more often now.. Thanks cya!
Quote from Rocket47 :Well, I had a blast! Too much action, great fight with Gerdoner, and popped a tire at somewhere around 5 laps to go. Maybe I'll drive these more often now.. Thanks cya!

^
|
That's the zoom guy i was talking about
Any chance of a couple of pics?
I forgot to save the replay, any chance someone could put it up?
Quote from Cropsy :
Please don't!

Hmm.. interesting.

The 1st pit stop is OK

The 2nd pit stop is under review. Based on the fact that the Tiniest amount of tyre is actually On the line.

There have been at least 2 other close calls this season. I'm just going through my notes and replays to see what i did with them (for the sake of consistancy).

According to the rules for a penalty ALL of the tyre must be across the line. anything ON the line is safe. I'm preety sure in both other close calls the tyres were minutely on the line and were cleared (safe). So as i said. let me check my notes and replays
Psst..

I heard that Souza&Siirto crossed the pitline :]
Heard this from teammate who wants to gain free positions..
you are mis-informed about one of those drivers! currently there are 3 penalties for pit lane offences during the race... PLUS 1 under investigation. Also heard something about people going the wrong way during qualifying session. So that will also be investigated.
Quote from Hahmo :Psst..

I heard that Souza&Siirto crossed the pitline :]
Heard this from teammate who wants to gain free positions..

Don't know about Siirto, but I'm sure I did it right this time!
My pc is to slow to show tthe lines, I'll bet I get a penalty...again
Yeh, wanted to ask this before the race... is something wrong with my mipmaps or whatever or do these lines pop up quite late in Westhill :X
Quote from de Souza :
Don't know about Siirto, but I'm sure I did it right this time!

As far as I could tell, you cut the entrance twice!
Quote from Cropsy :As far as I could tell, you cut the entrance twice!

I think that too...
Well I went off to watch Siirto's pit, and it was ok. So the problem could be on mine??

Rewinded to lap 37 and saw... this...

Does it count as an infraction? I mean I was already on the pitlane side. (please???)

Edit @ Cropsy: Twice? I don't get it. Only one pit.
Attached images
uh-oh.jpg
Quote from Gerdoner :Yeh, wanted to ask this before the race... is something wrong with my mipmaps or whatever or do these lines pop up quite late in Westhill :X

Atleast i have the same problem..
Quote from de Souza :Well I went off to watch Siirto's pit, and it was ok. So the problem could be on mine??

Does it count as an infraction? I mean I was already on the pitlane side. (please???)

RULES: you have stay inside of pitlane...
but i don't know...
TBH that looks as if your whole tyre is over the line :/
Quote from de Souza :Well I went off to watch Siirto's pit, and it was ok. So the problem could be on mine??

You cutted the pitlane and you get penalty for that. I have done that three times in a row so I know what I'm talking about
I'm not complaining... if it's wrong I'll accept it. after banging my head on the wall...

Just asking because that's not part of the race track anymore. So it might be debatable.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG