The online racing simulator
Round 4 KY2 - Post Race Discussion

Posting this just after I rolled my car @ T1. I was quite surprised that I could go the pace of the Top 10... first few laps were really cool, I was quite happy although I lost a few places, but boy this was fun
After it settled down a bit I began to lap consistent (not Top-3-fast, but good enough) and had some nice battles.
I really should be annoyed right now, but I dunno... I had so much fun, a way better race then in South City.
Just wished I could have brought it home, still had ~45% fuel left :S
#2 - garph
EPIC!

Started off slow, good fighting tho but the last 15 laps were mental, the last lap was awesome and horrible, the slightly more awesome again!

Was some panel banging, don't mind that at all, so I really enjoyed that race even better than South City, which was one of the best LFS races I've had.

Good job Cropsy, Dadge and one (or more) of the Zoom guys really cool!

Type more later, get the names I can't remember.
Don't feel like writing a complete report this time, but have a somewhat enjoyable race.

Started pretty bad but settled after some laps. All race it was battle for last. Quite fun.
For me this race was not so good. Starting from 6th position. Then few ga... Krhm, guys passed me and I fell down to 8th. There was good racing with ATC guys and the race was fun. But, then the pitstop. No, I didn't drive over that yellow line. But my tactic sucked really bad. I was so soure, that the tires will pop during the race, so I changed them. That was wrong move. After the pitstop I passed two guys. And last of them, Z30 Void. Sorry about the crash. There was so little room for me, so I crashed you out. Sorry fot that again. And then i drove over the finishline in 8th place. Thanks for the race. Cant wait the next one
Quote from Starwalker :then the pitstop. No, I didn't drive over that yellow line.

:clapclap::woohoo::laola:

Only 1 penalty this race, and thats not you .

Just checked out the results for the championship and i can only say, 4 races in and still only 5 points seperate 1st and 5th!

Full results etc will be slightly delayed tonight while i do some website work, but will be up later on.

My race. it was lonely but hearing the stuff going on at the front and constantly trying to chase down De Souza kept me smiling. Some great racing going on there.

@3Jump, a shame u left i think u would have been right in with that battle and enjoyed urself, U left too soon.

@Kamo, Unlucky mate, should have taken that last lap a bit more carefully, no reason to have been pushing at that pointt, but well done anyhow.
For me, qualifying was frustrating. I started off taking big chunks out of my PB's, then I lost my rhythm and wasn't getting close to it. I could have perhaps improved my position in the dying seconds of the session, but ran into traffic and stayed in 10th.

The start of the race was surprisingly clean, I was expecting something nasty to happen at T1 but everyone got through with very little paint swapped.
Widdow started behind me in 11th place, which gave me a good view of his truly epic start, I think he jumped 5 or 6 places on the first lap. Top quality racing from him.

I went for an early pit stop this time because I wasn't too comfortable racing on this circuit, and that showed when I had a collision with Gerdoner early on at the chicane (sorry about that).
When I pitted on lap 6 I was trailing Dadge and gAg which looked like it was going to turn into a heated battle.
Other than a short fight with Franky and a little later with de Souza, it was rather quiet for me until I ran into Dadge exiting the pits on Lap 34.
At this point I was already knackered and my arse was numb - and I just knew Dadge wouldn't stay behind me without giving it a bloody good go.
Around lap 40 he had moved into passing range, and for so long that's where we stayed. For the next 5 laps or so we were swapping position constantly. I didn't think the racing could get any better.. then gAg joined in between us after his pit stop.
There was plenty of times I thought they got the better of me, or I got the better of them and the tight racing was going to end. But it just didn't, none of us were willing to quit.
From there on we were all jumping between 2nd and 4th, the last 10 laps were particularly special. And it really did go down to the wire.
On the final left hander of the last lap me and Torpaa made contact, there wasn't much, although a little bit of lag turned into a pretty nasty bang and caused him to spin (If it wasn't for that, Kamo might well have seen himself drop to 5th).
gAg got caught up in the crash too, and pulled out just ahead of me. I took over coming out of the final turn, and was convinced I had 3rd. But he moved into my slip stream and stole it, 0.02 ahead of me.

It was an amazing race, it's definitely up there with the best I've had. Hat off to Dadge and gAg - and thanks to the pair of you. Top racing!
I am a monumental moron....

I was very happy with quali lap which gave me 2nd place. I decided to go for 100% in tank and try not to loose many on first laps which work our pretty good. I had some nice fights from 3rd and 4th and finallly when they passed me i went for pits. It was a somewhat lonely session for me till i got to Franky and mr de souza. I managed to pass them without crashing Than i just passed others in pits. THx to Void i made an excellent pb

About 15 laps to go i was on first and was sure i have this but as usual i was going ape with my laps. I never ever realized i was in danger of what happened next. How stupid i was with 15 sec over 2nd place.... I switched off my tires temp view ( i never do that normally) and never even though of slowing down ....

This caused a puncture on my last lap after first split. My rear right tire went off and every left corner was a spin for me... I don't know how i managed to finnish in 2nd......
Quote from kamo2000 :I am a monumental moron....

I was very happy with quali lap which gave me 2nd place. I decided to go for 100% in tank and try not to loose many on first laps which work our pretty good. I had some nice fights from 3rd and 4th and finallly when they passed me i went for pits. It was a somewhat lonely session for me till i got to Franky and mr de souza. I managed to pass them without crashing Than i just passed others in pits. THx to Void i made an excellent pb

About 15 laps to go i was on first and was sure i have this but as usual i was going ape with my laps. I never ever realized i was in danger of what happened next. How stupid i was with 15 sec over 2nd place.... I switched off my tires temp view ( i never do that normally) and never even though of slowing down ....

This caused a puncture on my last lap after first split. My rear right tire went off and every left corner was a spin for me... I don't know how i managed to finnish in 2nd......

I almost lost my ears when my teammate was screaming: ”WHAT THE FU** HAPPENED TO KAMO!?!?!?” (In finnish of course) : DD
Quote from Starwalker :I almost lost my ears when my teammate was screaming: ”WHAT THE FU** HAPPENED TO KAMO!?!?!?” (In finnish of course) : DD

we had something similar..

ATC Toe just suddenly whilst Dadge, Gag and Cropsy were all fighting to the death all u suddenly heard over teamspeak was:

"Kamo's Spun. KAMO's Blown a tyre, he's spinning".

Everybody in ts almost the same time: "GO GO GO, lets do it!".

There was also a nice point during the race where Dadge, Gag and widdow were following close and swapping places with a zoon guy (cant remember which one of you it was) but on the final bend the zoom guy slid slightly wide and the only thing we heard then was "ALL 3 ALL 3" at which point... the zoom guy got triple 'EFFED!
Lolz :clapclap:
Lovely story
Nice story Franky. U should get someking of novelprize for that
so here goes.....

practice for this race was very productive. early on gag has a setup that was giving him some really fast lap times. so, him being a team mate, he was bound by protocal 345-2.9 "all setups you have made or been given are now team setups and must be shared straight away".
gag passed this little gem over and i got to take a look at it. the gearing was sweet and the front of the car had buckets of grip. my only gripe was that the ride height was way too much. i took the ride height settings from our KY2 base set and away i went practicing with ma 9kg. the times were coming down nicely. a few more tweeks to the rear and the set was good to go.

my race strategy was worked out a few days in advance (and again on race day to make sure lol) so i got to qualifying. i had 10% fuel so i could get a nice rythem and maybe get a pb on one of my last laps in that stint.
by the end of qually, i was in 7th which i felt was good enough as my lap times were stable enough to maybe mingle with the lead pack.

on to the race. the lights went green and off we went. some really great driving from the whole pack saw nearly 20 cars going into T1 three abreast. aightby the time i was at the hairpin i was in 13th. and it wasn't like i had a bad start. there was just no room to move. this gave me a reminder that my strategy should come into play from about lap 3. so i tucked in behind the car infront and recomposed myself. after 2 laps of jostling for position, i managed to claw my way back up to 7th. i had cropsy behind me doing a similar pace so mistakes had to be kept to a minimum. i was catching gag who was keeping clear of the battle between widdow and Zoom A.Jokelainen. this gave cropsy a chance to catch up to this 4 car train. on lap 7 cropsy pitted. the chatter on ts at this time was "did he change tyres?" as this track is very close to the limits of tyre wear as one driver would find out.
cropsy came out of the pits 33 seconds behind me. this was now my target time to maintain of better. the following 10 laps were very good. Zoom A.Jokelainen had a small off on the exit of the downhill left (just before the last split)which cost him positions. widdow, gag and myself all saw this and were close enough to cleanly pass Zoom A.Jokelainen. a few laps later, widdow has a strange impact with something (curb maybe?). this dropeed him back behind gag and i.
for the next 10 laps, i was watching my mirros for Zoom A.Jokelainen and trying to reduce any time lose to him.
i was also keeping an eye on cropsys split to me. this was still at 33 seconds so gag and i were not holding each other up. we were fighting for position here and there but it was never a pass we couldn't make.
i went in for my pitstop at the end of lap 33. i completely forgot where the pit entry was so i cut the line (by miles) but aborted the pit due to this.
the next lap saw a much better pit entry. my strategy was tried and tested. everythinhg was down to whether any/all of my tyres would change.
they didn't. SWEET! i passed the info onto gag who was running the same strategy. i kept to the speed limit coming out of the pits and just as i exit the entire pitlane, cropsy passes me. perfect i thought. for 10 laps cropsy and i were swapping position like it was nobodies bidness. again not holding each other up as we were maintaing the gap to gag who was just infront of me pre-pitstop.
gag pitted on lap 44/45 (it was so close, cropsy and i were seperated by no less than 0.20 and gag slotted inbetween us) aight.
the last 15 laps is a bit of a blur. defending, attacking, holding back. it was all there. then on laps 60/60 ATC Toe shouted "KAMO'S OFF!!!! PUNCTURE!!! HE'S OFF!!"i managed to squeeze past him on the outside of that same downhill left at the end of sector 2. then gag and cropsy just fell back. i later found out that they had a bit of contact.
who'd of thought eh. 7th to 13th to 1st.
what a race.
Quote from dadge :so here goes.....

practice for this race was very productive. early on gag has a setup that was giving him some really fast lap times. so, him being a team mate, he was bound by protocal 345-2.9 "all setups you have made or been given are now team setups and must be shared straight away".
gag passed this little gem over and i got to take a look at it. the gearing was sweet and the front of the car had buckets of grip. my only gripe was that the ride height was way too much. i took the ride height settings from our KY2 base set and away i went practicing with ma 9kg. the times were coming down nicely. a few more tweeks to the rear and the set was good to go.

my race strategy was worked out a few days in advance (and again on race day to make sure lol) so i got to qualifying. i had 10% fuel so i could get a nice rythem and maybe get a pb on one of my last laps in that stint.
by the end of qually, i was in 7th which i felt was good enough as my lap times were stable enough to maybe mingle with the lead pack.

on to the race. the lights went green and off we went. some really great driving from the whole pack saw nearly 20 cars going into T1 three abreast. aightby the time i was at the hairpin i was in 13th. and it wasn't like i had a bad start. there was just no room to move. this gave me a reminder that my strategy should come into play from about lap 3. so i tucked in behind the car infront and recomposed myself. after 2 laps of jostling for position, i managed to claw my way back up to 7th. i had cropsy behind me doing a similar pace so mistakes had to be kept to a minimum. i was catching gag who was keeping clear of the battle between widdow and Zoom A.Jokelainen. this gave cropsy a chance to catch up to this 4 car train. on lap 7 cropsy pitted. the chatter on ts at this time was "did he change tyres?" as this track is very close to the limits of tyre wear as one driver would find out.
cropsy came out of the pits 33 seconds behind me. this was now my target time to maintain of better. the following 10 laps were very good. Zoom A.Jokelainenwiddow had a small off on the exit of the downhill left (just before the last split)which cost him positions. widdow, gag and myself all saw this and were close enough to cleanly pass Zoom A.Jokelainen. a few laps later, widdow has a strange impact with something (curb maybe?). this dropeed him back behind gag and i.
for the next 10 laps, i was watching my mirros for Zoom A.Jokelainen and trying to reduce any time lose to him.
i was also keeping an eye on cropsys split to me. this was still at 33 seconds so gag and i were not holding each other up. we were fighting for position here and there but it was never a pass we couldn't make.
i went in for my pitstop at the end of lap 33. i completely forgot where the pit entry was so i cut the line (by miles) but abboted the pit due to this.
the next lap saw a much better pit entry. my strategy was tried and tested. everythinhg was down to whether any/all of my tyres would change.
they didn't. SWEET! i passed the info onto gag who was running the same strategy. i kept to the speed limit coming out of the pits and just as i exit the entire pitlane, cropsy passes me. perfect i thought. for 10 laps cropsy and i were swapping position like it was nobodies bidness. again not holding each other up as we were maintaing the gap to gag who was just infront of me pre-pitstop.
gag pitted on lap 44/45 (it was so close, cropsy and i were seperated by no less than 0.20 and gag slotted inbetween us) aight.
the last 15 laps is a bit of a blur. defending, attacking, holding back. it was all there. then on laps 60/60 ATC Toe shouted "KAMO'S OFF!!!! PUNCTURE!!! HE'S OFF!!"i managed to squeeze past him on the outside of that same downhill left at the end of sector 2. then gag and cropsy just fell back. i later found out that they had a bit of contact.
who'd of thought eh. 7th to 13th to 1st.
what a race.

Uummmm.. You cut the pit entry? Correct if I'm wrong.
Quote from Starwalker :Uummmm.. You cut the pit entry? Correct if I'm wrong.

No need to quote the whole thing.

But he didn't pit. I did the same thing, there is no rule saying you must pit once you've decided to pit (that would be ridiculous btw), you can abort it.

There are loads of tracks where you drive across the pit lane entry and exit lines.
Quote from garph :No need to quote the whole thing.

But he didn't pit. I did the same thing, there is no rule saying you must pit once you've decided to pit (that would be ridiculous btw), you can abort it.

There are loads of tracks where you drive across the pit lane entry and exit lines.

Sorry about the quote thing, but I can't choose parts from the text because i'm writing on my phone
One eck of an effin good race their chaps..... what can I say....

I was out classed, punching well above my weight - but enjoyed every minute of it. All 60 laps were a hoot.

Had some good battles, no real beefs or unnessercary contact, bit of panel rubbing, but plenty of courtesy from all involved.

I am not doing the full league due to work and personal commitments, but it was a pleasure to be a guest among some quality racers....

Who would have thought 1 set of tyres would handle all that sliding?
First of all: THX for a good race!

Logged on just in time for few qual laps(had to get my kids to bed before i can play)
Had some good fights with Void a couple of times, but he beat me in the end, both on strategy, speed and not crossing the pit lane

Hope to be a little faster on WE1

Do the 20 sec penalty also mean no points??

Regards
Quote from Tumz(DK) :

Do the 20 sec penalty also mean no points??

Regards

Nope,

The 20 second penalty means you lost out by 1 position, so you only lost 1 point (leaving u with a total of 15 points for this race)

Round 4 KY2 - Post Race Discussion
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG