The online racing simulator
IGTC Round 2: Discussion Thread
Uhm. OK. A question to the "pro's".

How long do your tires last? (Before the first graining phase). And then, how long the phase lasts for until the tires are driveable again?

Because it is really annoying me. I have been asked to help out and stand up as a second driver for this race, but the bloody tires wont hold me! After 5 or so laps the car barely turns and my lap times drop down like 5sec....

R3/R3 in FZR. Just me or is it supposed to be like that?
As seen in the recent MoE race, tyres will last 35-6 laps. The tyres need to be put through a heat cycle to properly last that amount of laps. How hot are your tyres getting?

Also, unless you become part of SRLT (not advisable) then you'll need to change the team name.
You should be as nice to the tyres as you can from the beginning of your stint so they don't overheat at any point. That way they will last longer and stay up to temperature longer too.
What is the max temperature of your tires?
#6 - CSF
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm. OK. A question to the "pro's".

How long do your tires last? (Before the first graining phase). And then, how long the phase lasts for until the tires are driveable again?

Because it is really annoying me. I have been asked to help out and stand up as a second driver for this race, but the bloody tires wont hold me! After 5 or so laps the car barely turns and my lap times drop down like 5sec....

R3/R3 in FZR. Just me or is it supposed to be like that?

Joining SRLT are we?
I am not. I would never do that.

Eimantas has however asked me If I could help him out for this race. But since I cant keep my tires... And anyway, I got plans for the weekend.

After 6 laps my front left is at 180 c

I can cope just fine with all the right handers. The right side seems to hold fine. Just the left...

(Also, eRacing.lt is not a team. Nor does it have anything to do with SRLT. It is just a Lithuanian Sim Racing community.)
#8 - Mysho
Quote from DevilDare :
After 6 laps my front left is at 180 c

What.

So you are able to complete laps with this? Man, better setup? Are you sure your driving style is ok?
Upload a replay (spr), and we can analyse the driving.
Quote from Mysho :What.

So you are able to complete laps with this? Man, better setup? Are you sure your driving style is ok?

I am. Just 4+ sec off the pace.

Got the setup off "SetupGrid".

Yes, my driving style is a bit "rough". I do like to slide that FZR around a bit.

Anyways, dont matter now. I doubt I'll do this.
I think Felipe still needs drivers for GTAL anyway, try that
Quote from DevilDare :I am. Just 4+ sec off the pace.

Got the setup off "SetupGrid".

Yes, my driving style is a bit "rough". I do like to slide that FZR around a bit.

Anyways, dont matter now. I doubt I'll do this.

I slide quite a bit too but I haven't managed to get my tyres pass the 130 degrees at any point. Since it's your fronts who seem to burn up why not try and adjust the arbs to the settings on which it comes oversteery enough to not overheat the fronts as much?
DevilDare, if you want to drive GTAL and you're looking for a serious team (apart of SRLT of course), you should get in contact with TEM or WTEM, I'm sure they would have a seat for you in the upcoming 12h race (after 6h AS4r)
Quote from boothy :I think Felipe still needs drivers for GTAL anyway, try that

I know he does, but I dont really want to since I havent played LFS properly in 3-4 months now. I am rusty. rFactor does that to you.

Rikje - Thats a good point. I'll give it a try in future. Thanks

Timo - Well, the only team I was in was TDRT way back in the day. Actually, I was still on my trial, then I took a break from LFS for personal reasons.
Since then, I never bothered to look for another team.

I might get back into LFS more after summer when I have more spare time than the past 2 years. I would love to do some proper endurance racing.
I loved 16H of Kyoto GP back in '08.

But this is getting a bit off topic now. Thanks for help guys. Good luck to all.
I didnt mean you should join the team, just for one race to gain experience in either the XRR or FXR in the GT2 class.

Would be easier for you then to participate in the bigger ones like the RM 16h race in october, if you've done a GTAL race before.

Ah yea btw sorry for offtopic though.
Quote from Timo1992 :DevilDare, if you want to drive GTAL and you're looking for a serious team (apart of SRLT of course), you should get in contact with TEM or WTEM, I'm sure they would have a seat for you in the upcoming 12h race (after 6h AS4r)

TBH, we aren't even thinking of the 12H yet
please if your team cant join in race please info it asap tnx
there is teams in waiting list
Quote from Timo1992 :I didnt mean you should join the team, just for one race to gain experience in either the XRR or FXR in the GT2 class.

Would be easier for you then to participate in the bigger ones like the RM 16h race in october, if you've done a GTAL race before.

Ah yea btw sorry for offtopic though.

Actually we were doing very well for our first endurance race in 08. After 9 or so hours we were right in the middle of the GT1 scrap.

Ok. No more OT.
Quote from DevilDare :Timo - Well, the only team I was in was TDRT way back in the day...(Clip).. Since then, I never bothered to look for another team.

And that´s the way, the cookie crumbles.

Just to remind everyone, there will be a rule update on either wednesday or thursday. It will be regarding the SC periods. The jist of it is there wont be a wave around lap for lapped traffic as it uses too much time and is overly complecated for the small advantage it may or may not give to the racing. Also the green flag will not be used, instead, once the SC enters the pits the leader controls the fields pace however the leader can not overtake the SC until it has entered pit lane and no overtaking may be done before the start finish line, including overtaking lapped traffic.
Quote from BenjiMC :Just to remind everyone, there will be a rule update on either wednesday or thursday. It will be regarding the SC periods. The jist of it is there wont be a wave around lap for lapped traffic as it uses too much time and is overly complecated for the small advantage it may or may not give to the racing. Also the green flag will not be used, instead, once the SC enters the pits the leader controls the fields pace however the leader can not overtake the SC until it has entered pit lane and no overtaking may be done before the start finish line, including overtaking lapped traffic.

In other words, kinda just like F1 ja ?
Quote from BenjiMC :Just to remind everyone, there will be a rule update on either wednesday or thursday. It will be regarding the SC periods. The jist of it is there wont be a wave around lap for lapped traffic as it uses too much time and is overly complecated for the small advantage it may or may not give to the racing. Also the green flag will not be used, instead, once the SC enters the pits the leader controls the fields pace however the leader can not overtake the SC until it has entered pit lane and no overtaking may be done before the start finish line, including overtaking lapped traffic.

Good decision on GF, so I won't do the same FAIL as in GTAL last saturday... -.- :P
I just pulled the throttle to the ground and caused a red flag when GF was given... -.- (// BRAIN: OFF \\) -.-
Whilst you're changing them, it might be worth rewriting this part...

Quote :This confirmation thread will be posted no fewer than 7 days prior to the event. Managers must confirm their team’s entry within 48 hours of event start.

'within 48 hours of event start' could be taken as 48hrs after, as the same term is used regarding penalties...

Quote :Cars issued a DT, SG, or 45S penalty must complete the penalty within 10 minutes

Edit: Thinking about it, the way it reads at the moment states that we should only post the lineups from 48hrs before race start time.
It will be cloudy afternoon or cloudy morning?
cloudy morning

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG