The online racing simulator
Race Report 18/4
Race Report 18/4

A very nice evening!

I practiced this combo about a week ago, and was very close getting into the 2:00's but couldn't quite pull it off. I didn't try again until today, but i was like, 2 seconds off pace, having a hard time getting into the 2:01's :P Bo seemed to be driving good though, and 3J was very quick doing PB after PB, so i was kinda worried while waiting for the q to start. i feel ok about my actual q though, 2:01:38 was an improvement compared to the times i was pulling during practice. 3J did even better though, well done!

Sprint
Ah, to be honest i don't remember much of the start. I think me an 3J had a little loving going on in the middle of t1, but i'm not sure. will check mpr later. Anyway, i was ahead of Bo, but i kinda knew he'd catch up with me eventually, which he did after like 4 laps or so. imho, both were doing good, until bo hit the wheels in that friggin chicane. So i guess i won that race beacuse of bos misfortune :P

feature
while everyone was hitting that ready button, including me, i realized that my fuel percentage was totally off. shit, it wouldnt have lasted 10 laps, i didn't have time so i just threw in like, 60 percent and joined the grid. i think the race had already started though, judging by the green lights. richard decided to restart the race, im not sure if he did it beacuse of me, but im thankful he did.

and off we go, i had a lucky t1 and managed to pass a few guys, i remember chasing bbo, and passed him as well, somehow. in right-hander after split 1 though we made contact :P i guess he didn't expect me to close in on him, or if he hit the brakes too late, anyway it was sad to see him go off the track. at this point bo and richard were a few seconds ahead of me but i managed to keep them in sight, and this is where it got interesting. Man, i wasnt feeling to good about doing 15 laps with the rac, knowing that i managed to get the left front to smoke after just 2 laps during practice (and qual). so i had my eyes peeled on the tyre temps. (as a matter of fact i was looking in the rear view mirror, seeing those poofs of smoke coming out for about 12 laps wasnt very soothing). Bo and Rich seemed to have a great race, richard seemed to have pulled to longest straw though, bo seemed to be going very wide through the bends. during the last few laps i realized i wouldn't be able to catch them so i just focused on keeping my tyres from blowing/burning up!

quite happy about tonight, FLP/r returning home with 1 gold, 2 silvers and 1 bronze! good race everyone!
Quote from felplacerad :...i remember chasing bbo, and passed him as well, somehow. in right-hander after split 1 though we made contact :P i guess he didn't expect me to close in on him, or if he hit the brakes too late, anyway it was sad to see him go off the track.....

FLP/r returning home with 1 gold, 2 silvers and 1 bronze! good race everyone!

Tbh I think it was one of the worst events I have ever driven.
- First I messed up the qualifying.

- In Sprint Race I was soon from 8th to 2nd place after a really nice start but after the right-hander after split 1 Sp3cTr3, Kim and Fel got me again.
- I tried to pass them both at once in the next right hander but found myself on the green.
-Then
Danowat pushed me a little bit and made me go 4 or 5 km/h faster in the last Turn before the chicane and I was so close behind Jan Gripping that I touched and turned him around.
- Then I had a nice fight with 3j in my back for the next 2 rounds and in the last lap in the turn in front of the chicane Richard passed me for 6th (that means he starts first in main - my 2nd plan was destroyed )

- In the Main Race I thought I had another nice start but I was to late on the brakes at T1 and so I skidded over the inside green and almost lost the car completly. I caused a lot of trouble behind me. Sorry again for that.
- In the in right-hander after split 1 where we had "contact" Fel. I would say it was again just my stupid fault because I braked too late. Felt like I braked but nothing happend and so I hit you. Then I was nicely damaged at the front and had to pit a few laps later and ... forget about the rest.. finished on 8th

Anyway it was fun and in the next races I will be a bit more careful. Because I don't feel good hitting someone but it wasn't deliberate.
Well, I came into this event only at the last minute, and had never driven the RAC till Monday night, so it was a baptism of fire for me.

But for some reason the RAC and AS nat fit like a glove to me, and I enjoy the combo very much.

Qualifying,

Well, it was good, 2:02 a new pb, and ended up in 3rd on the grid only behind 3J and Fel, then the race started with no warning and I couldnt join, and ended up starting last on the grid waste of qualifying.

Sprint,

As I said previous, started last, but sucked it in and went for it, managed to claw my way to finish 5th.

Main,

Started 2nd on the grid, but got hit up the inside on T1, ended up sideways and got slammed into by at least 3 people, took quite a bit of damage, and did 4 laps before I decided to pit because I couldnt keep it on the track, pitted, drive through penalty.....

Then I got a puncture on my front right, went into the pits to change it, but for some reason (maybe because I was on a drive through), wouldnt let me pit illepall

So I had to drive a whole lap with no front tyre, limped back to the pit again, changed tyres, but by this time I was way, way down, but I went for it and finished a lap behind.

All in all good racing (although a rubbish result for main race), thanks to everyone there for a good race, and thanks to Richard for hosting and letting me join at such late notice.

Enjoyed it regardless

Dan,
Quote from danowat :
Main,

Started 2nd on the grid, but got hit up the inside on T1,
Dan,

Haha Dan... Nobody hit you in T1..you touched BBO in the back a little bit, then you lost your car and then hit sp3ctr3 and then spun and was hit sideways by 3 drivers.. You spun by your own... But still nice racing from you, was a blast..

But i did ask if everybody was ready for the start and i also wrote "now the lag-start". So you had your chance. Its up to you to be on the track right in time.. I cant see everything and needs help all the way. I did a restart because i thought that Ant[uk] wasn`t in the right position, but it was you who wasn`t. So instead of writing "??" you should have yelled out loud that you wasn`t in the right starting position, then i would have ended the race and placed you again. You was at the back because you hadn`t joined the track from spectator mode during the start.. thats why..

Hope to se you in the next DRC cup..

And nice racing from all on the track and very nice race reviews..

Congrats to Fel and Bo...
TBH, I was going to say about the grid, but due to the apparent serious nature of talking while racing, I was a bit unsure if it was wise to speak up, and it was my first DRC race, so I didnt want to shout out, I will know next time and holler my lungs out.

As for the T1 incident in the main, I suppose I will have to take a look at the replays, but I could have sworn BBO came flying up the inside on the grass and knocked me, but regardless, it was fun .

Dan,
Quote from danowat :TBH, I was going to say about the grid, but due to the apparent serious nature of talking while racing, I was a bit unsure if it was wise to speak up, and it was my first DRC race, so I didnt want to shout out, I will know next time and holler my lungs out.

As for the T1 incident in the main, I suppose I will have to take a look at the replays, but I could have sworn BBO came flying up the inside on the grass and knocked me, but regardless, it was fun .

Dan,

Its a friendly cup and beeing in the wrong starting position is not good, so next time YELL (i know you will now.. )
And remeber i screwed up your Pole lap because of a SMS..i totally lost what lap you were on, then i spun and did some spins for fun and then you hit me!! My mistake..so sorry for that..
Cya.......
Hahaha, yeah, that was an odd one, I was on my flying lap, noticed a yellow flag and couldnt figure out why, belting round T1 I soon found out why, a certain RAC in the track sideways

It's all good though, and yeah, next time (if you'll have me ) I'll holler if I am outta position .

Dan,
Thanks for o great race
Quote from danowat :....but I could have sworn BBO came flying up the inside on the grass and knocked me, but regardless, it was fun .

Dan,

Yeah I was flying just in front of you and forced you to touch my back.
So you touched me = your fault
(no it was just a stupid manoeuver by me )
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG