The online racing simulator
Round 2 Discussion
Anyway, i hope everyone is ready to move on to Round 2.
The server is always open, and there are some pretty good times posted already.
If anyone wants help with a setup, I have quite a few that were being altered for a similar restriction. I have many XFR, and a few UFR and anyone is welcome to have them.

So far the fastest XFM lap is a 50.05 by me and CRC Tripper. But i know i can do better. Can you?
Quote from z-ro 8 :So far the fastest XFM lap is a 50.05 by me and CRC Tripper. But i know i can do better. Can you?

That's only a second better than the laps I put in the other day, I think a 48 should be possible, but that's pushing it.
Round 2 Discussion
Quote from bunder9999 :That's only a second better than the laps I put in the other day, I think a 48 should be possible, but that's pushing it.

i've seen guys like Worm and J.Rados do low 47's with a 20% restriction, so yeah a flying lap in XFM could get to a high 48(i sure hope noone does..lol).
IMO i wish the races weren't so far apart, but i guess you have to make the schedule according to what you have to deal with.....
#4 - delis
I just easily got 49.09 and I think I can get under 49.00 with UFM

EDIT: and I did it got 48.92
My best is 49.09 in a UFM, will practice a bit more for the event closer to the time.

Just a quick question, why was it thought that the XFR needed a bigger % reduction than the UFR, the UFR seems quicker on pretty much every combo?
I have the same question.

The UFR at 25% gives 208HP/ton and the XFR at 26% gives 186HP/ton. Isn't that too much difference?
Quote from gachavesj :I have the same question.

The UFR at 25% gives 208HP/ton and the XFR at 26% gives 186HP/ton. Isn't that too much difference?

IMO, yes. The restriction should be equal. Some tracks will suit the UFR, some the XFR. But as it is right now, anyone with setup knowledge and decent abilities to make consistent laps in the UFR is going to be unbeatable by the XFR.
But it is what it is, the rules have been set.
in an extreme case of "i'm still here"...

i thought the restriction was okay, but in the chances that it's not, i'm sorry. if/when there is another season, i'll have to look them over again.

i'll post a preliminary quali board tomorrow.
sweet.

what's the chances of us getting a banner to put in our siggy?
as promised, an updated quali board.

Quote from z-ro 8 :what's the chances of us getting a banner to put in our siggy?

in terms of spdo, i didn't feel like doing the stuff required to get our data posted there.

if you mean a generic league sig banner, i'm not very artistic, but i wouldn't be adversed to one... the bigger problem would be bugging vic to add them.

race day is sunday. excluding sleep, i'll try to be on the server as much as i can tomorrow.
Can I have a set please?
There were some sets linked earlier(somewhere). I just took that and added the gearing to a setupgrid set. Went pretty quick with it quite easily, not sure how the tyres will last for the race though.
Attached files
UFR_UFMSO1.set - 132 B - 905 views
had to put a password on the server, it's the same as last month's. if you don't have it, pm me and i'll get it to you.
Not a very interesting race, lots of n00biness going on - especially from my part. For the last eight laps, we did hae an interesting battle for 3rd between Neto, Havoc and Isaac, until two of them collided, with then 2nd place Manian being taken out in the aftermath while lapping the crashed Costa Rica driver's car.

I thought I had saved a MPR of the race, but turns out my replay only goes until lap 19 of 25.
i have a complete one this time around, if you want me to post it, i can.

unfortunately i missed the crashes so i'll have to watch the replay a couple times myself.

i was rather shocked to see isaac coming back from such horrible luck, i would have never guessed to see him in the top 5.

south city is one of those hard tracks where if you don't get it right lap after lap, you end up bouncing off the walls. hopefully fern bay will fare better, aside from a few tipsy curbs.
I'd like to have a look at it bunder, just so I can check I wasnt involved(I'm pretty sure I wasnt)
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : server mpr
Replay from server-side found here.
Thanks

Yeah it was ne70's fault, and he should have spec'd aswell...ruined more than just his own race...
I'm going to call that a racing incident, and yes, he should have spectated. I'm willing to discuss this further in private.

A couple more things before I close this thread, I would really like it if people didn't shout things at each other during and after the race. Save it for the forums. The other thing I wanted to bring up was the righting of overturned cars, while it is commendable, one such incident almost caused an accident with the race leader. If you flip, please spectate.

The results have been posted. Next month's thread has also been opened.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG