The online racing simulator
Round 1 Discussion
What times are good/bad?
#2 - delis
I just got 1.56.43, but the wind is changing, so every time you got different time...
Just done a 58 offline, setup needs work, and thinking of a change to XFR! :P
Nahh nothing wrong with your setup, it's great. Mine just needs to be adjusted, maybe stiffened a bit (the xfr set)
I dont think I'll have time to do a proper run, but it'll be fun coming from the back! When will we recieve PWs and stuff? And is there a lag lap?
Quote from pacesetter :I dont think I'll have time to do a proper run, but it'll be fun coming from the back! When will we recieve PWs and stuff? And is there a lag lap?

maybe when i wake up (getting off a night shift in like 20 minutes)...

as for the lag lap, that depends on how many people show up before grid sorting... hopefully we won't need one if everyone shows up early.
Quote from bunder9999 :maybe when i wake up (getting off a night shift in like 20 minutes)...

as for the lag lap, that depends on how many people show up before grid sorting... hopefully we won't need one if everyone shows up early.

Okay looking forward to racing tonight!,
you guys mean tomorrow, right? today is the 30th.
Quote from bunder9999 :you guys mean tomorrow, right? today is the 30th.

yea, James confused me with day :P
Round 1 Discussion
I have had the worst luck in the history of my LFS League racing time.
it happens to the best of us.

better luck for next race.
excellent race and organization

if somebody whants the replay

the pink UFR car is a girl driver?

Trainning for the next one !!

Regards
The race was perfect, waiting for next race. After the month....
Race was nice, till I was crashed out..

Better luck next time, and thanks Bunder for nice organisation.
Well this has what promises to be a very nice and friendly league, lets hope it stays this way!

Btw, any chance of a subsection?
I was suprised to get 2nd, I barely practiced before the event - was happy with my consistency and my pb on the last lap , but Delis was very quick and consistent and deserved the win, gratz mate
Was pretty fun for me, as the restricted NGT's suit me well. The race went from sorting out the competitiors around me, to making an opportunity on a few mistakes from others, to stretching the field out and hotlapping, then realizing i was close on fuel and having to short-shift and let it roll alot, ending up with about .46 % of fuel left.

Next round is going to be even better.

Thanks Bunder and everyone that showed up and drove respectfully.

Btw, the server is still set up, ready for round 2 if needed.
Provisional results have been posted. There are a couple incidents I have to make a decision about, but I'll do that tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for coming out, and thanks again to Kevin for providing the alternate server.

Stats have been generated, but I'll put those up tomorrow as well.

Hope to see everybody for next month, I think South City will be fun.
First of all, thank to Bunder and anyone else involved in putting together this league. As Pacesetter put it "this has what promises to be a very nice and friendly league"!

Unfortunately I had a minor spin at the first corner which set me way back, only recovering places where others made mistakes. Although I did enjoy myself.

I've seen the Race Results spreadsheet, but don't really get the point system! It just doesn't seem right! 4th to 8th with the same amount of points? Then a big gap between 8th and 9th! With same amount of points from 9th to 11th? It seems the only spot worth fighting for is 8th if your running in 9th! And not worth risking anything if you running between 5th and 7th! So how are points being handed out or calculated?

Thanks,

Cheers,
i knew someone was going to mention that... so i'll try to break it down a little...

to start, everyone who drove away from the green light got one point. paegle jump started and could have rejoined at the back of the pack, but didn't, so he got zero. everybody lower than 8th gets two points. everybody lower than podium gets five points, and the podium gets six, seven, eight, respectively.

obviously, the better you do, the more points you get, and if there were more racers, the point spread would have differed slightly. the idea behind the points scale was that everybody got points, no matter how well you did, although the idea is still to win so you can get the most points possible.

i hope that clears some things up.
Ok, It's clear now and I understand!

But...
(just an opinion!)
Wouldn't it had been better if lets say 28-26-24 for podium and 22,21,20...3,2,1 for the rest? In this way all would get points if started and completed at least 1 lap. And in this way gaining a a point for every spot you fight for, and not just sitting back if in 11th or 20th! Although the downside of this, is the big difference between 1st and 24th, which would be harmful for champ points if knocked out of a race! But it would reward consistency!
Now, back to the point system you've implemented for this league...
I understand the thinking behind it, so please take my criticism as a constructive criticism and not a complaint. What I feel is weird with this system is that the difference between 1st and 8th is the same as the difference between 8th and 9th! Maybe separating the field by blocks awarding them points in a more even manner? Lets say: 8,7,6 points for podium... 5points for 4th-8th... 4points for 9th-12th... 3points 13th-16th... 2points for 17th-20th... and 1point for the rest. In this way any driver, lets say running 20th, will be rewarded with a point for every 4spots he moves up, instead of having to move up 12spots just for a single point!

Anyway, just my opinion!
Thanks,

Cheers,
i felt with only six races, awarding more points to the podium than what is current would give those racers an insurmountable lead... but i'll take it under advisement, as i'm still going over the replay checking out incidents.
Quote from bunder9999 :i felt with only six races, awarding more points to the podium than what is current would give those racers an insurmountable lead... but i'll take it under advisement, as i'm still going over the replay checking out incidents.

Thanks for your time! I also felt the same with rewarding the podium with more points as I was typing!
But maybe the other option I mentioned is more viable...
Quote :Maybe separating the field by blocks awarding them points in a more even manner? Lets say: 8,7,6 points for podium... 5points for 4th-8th... 4points for 9th-12th... 3points 13th-16th... 2points for 17th-20th... and 1point for the rest. In this way any driver, lets say running 20th, will be rewarded with a point for every 4spots he moves up, instead of having to move up 12spots just for a single point!

Thanks again, for even taking into consideration my opinions...

Cheers,
I'm with Tripper on this.

We understand it is an "amateur" league but we have some pretty "non-amatuer" drivers, and they will get an insurmountable lead regardless of points system (unless they dnf every other race), so perhaps a system that would differentiate mid-field more could work better for everyone else not in podium.

The 1-point difference system that Tripper proposed seems fitting, that way, as Tripper said, fighting for a position is worth a point instead of having to fight 4 positions for 1-3 points.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG