The online racing simulator
The Stretching of Skins
(60 posts, started )
I find myself searching for this thread when I make a skin; many thanks JazzOn!
You're too kind guys and you're welcome
I cant find any stretch template for the MRT?
Is this not made, or is there simply no stretch on the MRT?
#54 - 5tag
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I cant find any stretch template for the MRT?
Is this not made, or is there simply no stretch on the MRT?

The only bit that's stretched is the inner panel of the air intake on the left side of the car. Also you would have to consider the steepness of the parts next to the engine.
Attached images
MRT_MtnDew.jpg
Right, yes, no xD

The MRT is small enough to fit into the whole file, so there is no generall stretching, except for the intake 5tag mentioned and the opposite side of the body, which is located on the actual side layer. Due to the shape there is stretching indeed. Sorry, i don't know why i did'nt look into it. It has nothing to do with personal preference - it was an accident :P

E: alright, here it is. MRT
As usualcertain parts, like the area around the engine and driver, need special treatment.
But is it possible to Stretch bodykit to that, and then u can make normal skin. and at the end convert it to 1024x1024px or 2048x2048px
#57 - Gunn
Quote from oibatha :But is it possible to Stretch bodykit to that, and then u can make normal skin. and at the end convert it to 1024x1024px or 2048x2048px

Yes, you could create your work at the 'stretched' size and then resize image back to the native skin resolution (square). However, some areas of the 3D model suffer more from stretching than others, so you might find these areas look a little strange in your final result.
Great resource! Glad this was a sticky. just started playing around with skinning on LFS, first skin I imported and my textures were out of shape...I found this thread minutes later.
Yo, what program you use to check this scale?
#60 - 5tag

The Stretching of Skins
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG