The online racing simulator

Poll : Are you interested in an Autotesting League?

Yes!
No....
Autotest League - Are you interested?
Hi racers,

I'm thinking of new leagues for 2010 and I would like to hear your opinions on whether a league for autotesting would be of interest to you.

The layout editing feature of LFS lends itself perfectly to this type of motorsport.

Basically, autotesting is a test of precision driving against the clock. A series of cones, tyres, or bollards make up the obstacles around which the driver must maneouvre in the shortest time possible. Penalties will be awarded against the driver for hitting cones, bollards, and tyres.

Certain sections of the track must be completed in reverse, these are highlighted by dotted lines on the route map (See attached)

So what I'd like to know from you guys is whether you're interested or not. If you are and you are creative, why not attach a layout of your own here, and we'll look at it for inclusion into the series?

Each round of the series would use 2-3 layouts, with each competitor attempting each layout twice.

Any questions, please reply to this thread and I'll endeavour to answer you.

I've attached a typical layout (it's not brilliant but it gives you an idea of what I mean), as well as the route map for the layout, and a .spr replay of me driving really badly around said layout.

Looking forward to your replies guys!

Cheers

Joe Keaveney - iCON Racing Events Admin
Attached images
test.gif
Attached files
joe test 2.spr - 58.2 KB - 398 views
AU1_Autotest Test 1.lyt - 1.8 KB - 372 views
I remember seeing some threads marketing their servers about this, i tried it, was fun. However i doubt Autocross only league interests people, so i think only some events which are held about once a month would be good.
Quote from EliteAti :I remember seeing some threads marketing their servers about this, i tried it, was fun. However i doubt Autocross only league interests people, so i think only some events which are held about once a month would be good.

there was a FZ5 replay competition some months ago... i kinda remember that.
i'd do it, but only if it was using the lx4/6
yes nice one mate,

I like that, it looks differente in my opigion, i will have a try, why not, and also if the organisation is like the last league (RACCAR), i will be more interested to participate.
I'd do it defo!! And I'd LOVE to make a layout later on today!! I was accually thinking of running one of these events myself as I really enjoy them in real life. Can't wait for this
Sounds interesting indeed but I guess chase view would be banned so I wouldn't be able to participate anyway.
-
(Wilko868) DELETED by Wilko868 : Jack.
seems to be interesting would be drivin or helping in it
I have made a layout, its identical to one of the layouts at an autotest event in Ireland which happens every year on St. Stephens day in a quarry, most of the barriers and cones illistrates mounds of stones and muck. The only change I made to the layout is that I put in a reversing section, the rest of it is the same in real life but not to scale obv.

I have attached: The Layout, a .SPR of me driving the layout and a directions sheet of the layout (NOTE: The directions are NOT to scale of the accual layout).

Enjoy!
Attached images
NM LFS Autotest.gif
Attached files
AU1_GormanstownQUARRY.lyt - 3.1 KB - 434 views
Niall Test on Layout.spr - 58.6 KB - 376 views
Love it Niall, this is selected and I'll be sure to take part.
Dont se how its easyer but anyways...
Hey,

I was really bored today so I made the rest of the layouts from that event (4 in total).

I am REALLY bad at photoshop (and lazy) so be patient with the direction cards, they are confusing.(If you have it open while driving the layout slowly a couple of times, its easy to understand.) Also, some of them are in .GIF and some in .JPEG, I apolagise for this but I just amn't botherd to change it.

I'm also not the best at layout making in LFS, soooo there are some places where barriers dont line up and theres a big gap somewhere and things like that, so if anyone would LIKE to edit them I would be happy to use them instead (if they ever get used, if not I will prob just use them myself in the future)

I threw in the first layout too, just to have them all in the same post...

Well.... Enjoy!!
Attached images
NMAUTOTEST1DIRECTIONS.gif
NMAUTOTEST2DIRECTIONS.jpg
NMAUTOTEST3DIRECTIONS.jpg
NMAUTOTEST4DIRECTIONS.gif
Attached files
AU1_GormanstownQUARRY1.lyt - 3.1 KB - 352 views
AU1_GormanstownQUARRY2.lyt - 972 B - 392 views
AU1_GormanstownQUARRY3.lyt - 692 B - 347 views
AU1_GormanstownQUARRY4.lyt - 1.2 KB - 386 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG