The online racing simulator
S09 : Post-Season Discussion
Quote from LFS News :

The first season of the International XFGTi Championship has just ended. It consisted of 12 races speaded over 6 rounds, which took part in November and December, around 5 different venues of Live For Speed. A strong level was to be found in the championship, with grids of an average of 24 cars at each race, and 11 ex or current MoE/IGTC drivers present in the championship.

There was some troubles at the management, after Andy O'Brien, the creator of the series, decided to stop brutally his implication a few hours before round 4, due to personnal reasons, but an arrangement was found with Yann Laprevotte, a driver of the series, who eventually made it running until the end of the season, without any consequent problems.

Finally, F1RST Racing's brand new recruit, Tommy Ostgaard, took the drivers' chapionship, helping his brand new team to come back with the trophy of the teams' championship in the same time. The ex spdo and 3id driver, James Peace, finished 2nd, just in front of 4SRT's Kristaps Dzelzgalvis, coming only 1 point behind Peace.

Also note the 7th place of the winner of the 2008 Driver of the year award, Rudy van Buren, who signed-up at 2 round to go, and managed, after a disappointing 5th round, to earn the pole, the victory and the fastest lap in the 2 races of the last round, at Fern Bay Green.

Final results

Drivers' Championship

1st Tommy Ostgaard 170 pts
2nd James Peace 131 pts
3rd Kristaps Dzelzgalvis 130 pts
4th Joe Holmes 104 pts
5th Reno Kööts 85 pts
6th Warnes Barnes 75 pts
7th Rudy van Buren 72 pts
8th Yann Laprevotte 66 pts

Click there for full chart.

Teams' Championship

1st F1RST Racing 292 pts
2nd 4 Stroke racing Team 212 pts
3rd nFinity eSports 186 pts
4th Magic Turtles 114 pts
5th E-Team 95 pts
6th SimRacing Lithuania Team 76 pts
7th Renesis 41 pts
8th Denzo Crew 41 pts

Click here for full chart.

Click here for further stats at spdo Events database.

So !

Discuss here about the first ever season of the International XFGTi Championship. Congrats to Tommy Ostgaard and F1RST Racing, the first champions of its history !

My own story : To be honest, I wasn't really sure if the season could run smoothly when I signed-up, seeing the format of the events, and Andy's precendent experience in leagues, but I was glad to see that I was wrong. Even if Andy was a bit silly with the rulebook and this kind of bureaucratic stuff, he at least managed to get a decent line-up. We were all very surprised to see his departure at mid-season, but I'm glad we made an arrangement to make this season running until the end.

For the momment, I've no fixed plans for 2010, but I'l be looking if I have any free Tuesdays(no worries, I'll be able to find spare time for sure:tilt, in order to have some FWD blast in the beginning of this new decade
Hmm, yeah. I have to agree that, I knew the league wouldn't run too well, when I saw all the written rules and stuff etc. I think Andy didn't run it well anyway, but it's probably because he didn't have time.
But when Yann took over, it went as smoothly as possible.

It was fun to race for last 2 rounds. Maybe make the races longer for next season?

BTW, you could have asked me for a high-res pictures.
Any season 2 announcement soon ?
We are considering having a new season in the first half of 2010, but we're not decided on the dates. It mainly depends of my real life, and on how the things are going on LFS(how many active leagues, etc). So, stay tuned...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG