The online racing simulator
Round 4 - 22/12/2009, 20:15 GMT - briefing and race discussion
So here we go to the last round of RACCAR for this season:

Date: 22.12.2009
Time: 20:15 GMT
Track: SO5R
Quali: 15 min
Laps (sprint/feature): 10/16
Server: ICON RACING - RACCAR (is set to public and the current combo)
PW: will be sent to the drivers

Hopefully see you there.

Also a good set attached.

Kind regards
Tom
Attached files
RAC_SO5R.set - 132 B - 756 views
I will not participate in this round sadly Good luck to all of you though!
Quote from audimasta :I will not participate in this round sadly Good luck to all of you though!

Sorry to hear that, but thank you for letting us know.

BTW, pm with the server details sent.

Kind regards
After all I can't be there either. :\ Have fun!
#6 - J@tko
Soooo...

Qual
Got 5th place only a few tenths off my pb, so pretty happy. Was running 3rd for most of the session.

Race 1
Laptop acting up so had about 15fps coming down the back straight for the first few laps :/ Started 5th, ran 5th for the entire race. Realised a few laps in that people's tyres would have issues by the end, so I just went around saving my tyres, and sure enough by the end I was catching Anton for 4th place. By the complex on the last lap I was right on his tail, and he was drifting quite badly. Decided to do a sneaky dive-bomb in the last corner as there's nowhere else to really overtake. He gave me a bit of room, we lightly touched, and he beat me to the line anyway.

Race 2
Started 3rd thanks to the reverse grid, but ended up about 6th by the hairpin as everyone and his dog seemed to barge past me. Wilko and Anton then collected each other, which I just managed to avoid, and ended up in 4th place, catching the Blixit dude. Managed to get to him with Seb on my tail, he pushed me past him into 2nd by this time as Rudy timed out. But then I got overtaken by both of them down the home straight. Went into the hairpin side by side with Blixit, which really is like trying to fit an elephant through the eye of a needle. We collected each other [I don't think it was my fault :hide:] and Anton popped past into 4th. So, I started to catch him again as his tyres went off, and by the last lap I was right on his tail. Guess what happens next folks!

I decide to take Takuma Sato's award for the "Most optimistic overtake in history" by trying to overtake from about 2 car-lengths back into the one but last corner. It was never, ever going to happen, especially with my horribly flat-spotted FR tyre. I practically end up driving into him, he spins, I kinda half spin. Blixit then overtakes us both, and as I feel quite bad, I let him through to 4th. Again, I'm sorry There goes me never having a penalty in 2 years of LFS League racing

At least I'm consistent:
Qual: 5th
R1: 5th and wrecked Anton
R2: 5th and wrecked Anton

But apart from that, it was a fun evening with some rather fun little cars. Learnt a bit about diff settings from rudy, and even edited our own set to make it drivable. Thanks for hosting Tom, and see you around soon.
What happen to you Chris? Was you drunk yesterday?
It looks like you crasht me quit hard at some point during the race.
Are you sure it was you racing last night?
Quote from CARRERA GT :What happen to you Chris? Was you drunk yesterday?
It looks like you crasht me quit hard at some point during the race.
Are you sure it was you racing last night?

Me or Ford?

Race 2 I had epic amounts of damage after Mr Moroz decided to be an idiot and not look to his left and notice I was basically past him, so he just turned right in on me and wiped my innocent arse out.
Quote from Wilko868 :Me or Ford?

Race 2 I had epic amounts of damage after Mr Moroz decided to be an idiot and not look to his left and notice I was basically past him, so he just turned right in on me and wiped my innocent arse out.

Yes you,
but never mind, i could see that it wasn t 100% urr fault, and by the way, nice racing.
Quote from Wilko868 :Me or Ford?

Not even close, you do not own the track and youre clearly not patient enough to overtake my slow arse on the straight. I was infront of you for the whole situation and you just wanted to follow RvB's way. Im not letting you go away with this because you just cannot dive in and suppose me to overtake you. Maybe someone who i think is fast enough to overtake me anywhere like RvB who was alot faster than anyone in the event by a great margin. However you, pffff you have to fight for the position in a FAIR manner.

As much i'd like to keep this in private, i dont accept insults, therefore ill state my opinion in public.
#11 - CSF
Quote from EliteAti : Maybe someone who i think is fast enough to overtake me anywhere like RvB who was alot faster than anyone in the event by a great margin.

Didn't you crawl up his backside enough before the event? Very very odd how a young man would say he would stand aside and not fight to prove they could beat the giant... quite sad actually.

EDIT: Wow you actually did back out when alongside him... awww scared woody wouldn't like you any more if you actually raced him... awww...
Yes, because i tweaked my set so wrong it was afwul to be in the corner where Rudy overtook me, i knew hes going to overtake me so i didnt want to ruin both of our races in the corner, J@tko sums it quite nicely that i was drifting pretty badly for the race.

And i did fight against him (Chris) in Race 1, where we both had decent setups, he was just too darn fast. For race 2 i tweaked my setup horribly wrong so i didnt have a chance against anyone. By the looks of qualifying i thought i was faster, but he was more consistant in the streets of South City

E: Forget it, i wont be falling to your level.
-
(EliteAti) DELETED by EliteAti
3rd and a 2nd in my first race... I'll take that

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG