The online racing simulator
ATC 60 Lap GP League
OKAY its time to do it... kind of. the F1 is paused while i am waiting for my dinner to cook. so i might aswell get this post done...

12 Races in total (2 weeks between each race) The cars will stay the same (XFG + XRG) Why? because we know this is simple and it works.

Out of the 12 races, at the end of the league you will have to drop any 3 races from your league that you want.. This wont be done automatically, its YOU that gets to decide what 3 races you will drop. At the end of everything the results will be tallied up and a winner will be announced.

Now, Points. heres how they will work:

1st - 25 Points
2nd - 22 Points
3rd - 20 Points
4th - 18 Points
5th - 16 Points
6th - 15 Points
7th - 14 Points
8th - 13 Points
9th - 12 Points
10th -11 points
11th -10 Points
12th -09 Points
13th -08 Points
14th -07 Points
15th -06 Points
16th -05 Points
17th -04 points
18th -03 points
19th -02points
20th -01points
additional points:
Pit stops:
Less than 5 second - 0 Points
5-8 seconds - 1 points
8-10 seconds - 2 points
10-15 seconds - 3 points
more than 15 seconds - 4 points

Best laps:
If the fastest lap is by the winner: 3 points
If the fastest lap is by anybody else: 6 Points

Qualifications:

Highest Climber - 5 points

biggest loser - (eg started 1st. finished 19th) - 3 points

Penalties:
Cutting pit lane entry or exit lines: 15 second penalty

I have altered things slightly:
  • points go down to 20th position now (instead of all possitions)
  • Pitstops below 5 seconds get 0 points
  • no points for qualification possition.
  • Cutting Pitlane penalty is a 15 second penalty. not a point one.
NOW... On to the rules:

1.NO WEAVING;
  • If you are defending an overtaking manouvre you may move your car off of your line once, and then back to your line once more. This does not mean you have to let somebody pass.. but just keep it safe, make the car wide. not wiggly.
2.NO ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR
  • If there has been an incident (or not as the case may be) feel free to swear as much as you want on your Teamspeak / Ventrillo. or just in your own home. If you feel the need that you have to type your anger in the form of abuse, then you might aswell leave the server as you will be disqualified from the race if you do this.
3.Shift + P
  • Shift+P will be allowed during Practice and qualifying. But will not be allowed during the race. if you have to go into the garage or spectate during the race, then that will be the end of your race.
4.Lag Laps
  • No such thing. forget about them, they do not exist, they will not exist. the race start is the race start!
5.Pile Ups
  • If more than 30% of the racers are knocked out in lap 1 (and lap 1 ONLY) then the race will be restarted, However at the end of the event 30 second penalties will be given to the person(s) who caused the incident.
6.Crashes / Incidents in the race
  • If you are involved in an accident and it is your fault, You can carry on racing, but IF / When the car you took out is able to catch up to you, we expect you to treat that person as a blue flag. It is only fair!. However we will not be passing out penalties for minor incidents. If you are found to have deliberately caused a crash then you will be given a 30 second penalty in the final results.
7. Pit stops
  • at least 1 Pit stop IS REQUIRED, anything else is up to you. You can pit on any lap (except of course. the last lap)
8. Anything elst
  • Have i missed anything? let me know if you think there should be any additions / changes to these rules.
============================================
Preliminary Race Callender:

Race 1: January 10th 2010

Race 2: January 24th 2010

Race 3: Febuary 7th 2010

More dates to follow.

Track details. to follow.

Comment for now, Signups and further details will be added later.
#2 - 180sx
so just one question

If you dont show up for a couple of races then are you allowed to drop those races? Or do they have to be raced races to drop ?
you can drop any races you want. If you dont turn up for the races you can still drop them, but you have less chance of earning the higher points.
#4 - dadge
do you have any plans for ensuring that the grid is always full?
will there be some kinda of success balast? if so, will it be a copy of the BTCC balast rules?
Qualifying?

Will it a timed sesion with your fastest lap counting?

or 1 hot lap per driver?

I personally prefer that way - even though its less involvement - CAn mix the grid up a bit and puts the pressure on those that feel it...
we could do a 1 hot lap per driver that counts. I actually like those because as you say, it mixes up the grids and puts down some pressure. and we could even hold it the night before (perhaps allowing you to join the server anytime between 7PM - 9PM to do your lap in) That way we could get straight to the racing on the Sunday.

Thoughts?
If I am allowed to race, I'll be there.
#8 - 180sx
that would be 2 canadians
#9 - garph
Quote from dadge :do you have any plans for ensuring that the grid is always full?
will there be some kinda of success balast? if so, will it be a copy of the BTCC balast rules?

There is no way of ensuring the grid is always full.
Quote from Widdowmaker :Qualifying?

Will it a timed sesion with your fastest lap counting?

or 1 hot lap per driver?

I personally prefer that way - even though its less involvement - CAn mix the grid up a bit and puts the pressure on those that feel it...

I do like the hot lap idea, we've done it before but with larger grids it could get boring and complicated and time consuming and difficult to organise and I prefer the normal quali sessions.

I like the league idea Fwanky, the points system is a good way to mix things up. I wouldn't start to over complicate things more with success ballast or hot lap quali.
One shot qualy doesn't sound that appealing, I'm not much good at it and I don't think it's gonna be worth the trouble of organizing it, just to mix the grid up a bit. These are 60 lap races after all.

Also Saturday sessions would mean we have to have 2 nights free every 2 weeks, instead of just the 1.And this may put a lot of people off what is supposed to be a fairly informal league.

The League sounds great though! I can't wait to get some points on the board!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG