The online racing simulator
[TEST] Starting procedure
Hey there,

tomorrow Friday the 16th October we will give you the chance to to do some test runs of the starting procedure.

We will do several 3 lap races, with first lap behind the pacecar.

This is not mandatory, but it is in your interest to be there.

Server: RacingMinds Team
Password: none
Start: 18:30 GMT/UTC
End: when we are done

See you tomorrow

Edit: server name fixed
WooT Motorsport will be there! I fail (check last round of IGTC this year :razz so I really need the practice.
i screwed up, server name is "RacingMinds Team"
I'd be there, but unfortunately I'll be at work instead. Hopefully some guys from my team can attend.
I sadly can't be there but maybe Tom, Joe or Tobi can be there. If not: Is is possible to post the replay afterwards? I assume the starting procedure will be similar to last year?
will do, you can also try to join us later.
154-GET is coming!
I'll be there
i'll try and be there...

even if i'm not starting for my team, can i show up?
12.30pm in my country, but I'll escape out of my work to appear ... oops! vice damn ..!!!

Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'd be there, but unfortunately I'll be at work instead. Hopefully some guys from my team can attend.

Same here, I'll spread the word between the guys to check if someone can join the test
Here is an idea ...

Can we have a secong test time for all of the teams West of the Atlantic? It is kind of hard for most of us to get out of work mid-day to attend the tests ...
+1
-
(exspeed) DELETED by exspeed
come on guys, they're busy enough with managing this whole thing. I guess their point is to test out the starting procedure and prepare their SC drivers. You will all have 16hours to race tomorrow, that should be enough for everybody
221 shoud be there as well
Quote from vicbel :Here is an idea ...

Can we have a secong test time for all of the teams West of the Atlantic? It is kind of hard for most of us to get out of work mid-day to attend the tests ...

I understand your point, but we have people from 42 different coutrys arround the world participating, so it's nearly impossible to make it right for everyone. We all study and have to prepare a shit load for the race so we lack of time.
I'm really sorry but the starting procedure is not that big deal, watch the replay i upload approximately 22:00 GMT/UTC.

Quote from buck77 :i'll try and be there...

even if i'm not starting for my team, can i show up?

Of course you can participate.
Total chaos.. nothing more to add about the session.
when the amount of drivers reduced to 15 it was no problem. Tomorrow there will be 27 cars. Should work out fine. If everybody pays attention. We did what we could to help all understand the procedure.
basically gt2 and ngt..

go flat out from last corner as green flag will be shown to us when were like in last sector but no overtaking before line means that coming from last corner

OR

do we stick to 80-100 untill leader of class feels like they should accelerate
IMO ,the last practice start before the big server fail looked pretty good too, and that was with the full pack driving (I was watching most of the back field so I might missed some of the big fails)
yes the Green flag comes a bit early for the rearward drivers. but as we said the green flag just tells you that the race is on. NEVEREVER think of overtaking before the finish line. of course the class pole sitters can adjust their speed at their own discretion. nevertheless, they should be aware of jam in corners and so on.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG