The online racing simulator
S09-10: Media Day
Hello Teams and Racers:

We (mostly myself and boothy) were talking about ways to make the public presentation of MoE a bit better, and one thing we thought would be good for generic material for articles and broadcast clips would be a "Media Day" to be held immediately following GT2 Q1 on Sunday.

What we would like on this day will take no more than 10-15 minutes we hope. We would like to have as many teams as possible attend, preferably all from both GT1 and GT2. The plan is to have a slowish lap for everyone in formation, then get each class to park in formation on the finish line. We also would like to get shots of each team solo on track in some part of the circuit, or the finish line.

I have considered using a "Generic MoE" skin for each car, as in: A skin with everything required except event logo, to support the longevity of the media day, but we can of course do skin replacement in lfs if need be. The "Generic skin" part is only an idea, depending on how easy it would be for teams to do.

For some examples to look at, check out http://www.fiagt.com/gallery.php?event=53&season=2009

We are also going for something like this and this

Let us know if this sounds like something you could/would participate in. Again, it would be immediately following Qualifying Session 1 on Sunday the 4th, lasting for only about 10-15 minutes we hope.

Regards,
dekojester
Sounds cool, I'll be there if any other of my teammates won't come.
Good idea deko. I'm sure 1 person from each team would easily pop along for a little 5-10 minute session like this, and would look good on broadcasts etc.
#4 - chaa
nice, but when on sunday should this take place? some of our drivers are having a race on sunday evening (20-22 gmt)
Quote from chaa :nice, but when on sunday should this take place? some of our drivers are having a race on sunday evening (20-22 gmt)

Quote from dekojester : "Media Day" to be held immediately following GT2 Q1 on Sunday.

Quote from chaa :nice, but when on sunday should this take place? some of our drivers are having a race on sunday evening (20-22 gmt)

It'll be immediately after GT2 qual, so I believe that it'd be from about 20:15 to 20:30 or so (times approximate).

As long as there's one guy from your team who can attend, that's fine. We'd just need one person from each team to attend.

d
Awesome idea.
Amazing how much effort you're giving to this
Great initiative!!!!
LFSLA team would be glad to be there.

Thanks.

Great idea We will be there
You can count us in too

great thinking!

can't wait to see this!
CoRe will be there.
Warbirds will be there
#15 - chaa
#low will be there, too
If you can get your skins ready before the Media Day event starts, we would appreciate you posting them and attending the Media Day Session. I will announce here when we are about to start it to let you come. If you run a generic titled skin and tell me the actual skin filename also, skin replacement can be done when your actual skin is posted. Example of this name could be FZR_MoETeamNameMediaDay. I reckon that that would be a generally unused name otherwise so we can simply copy your actual skin and call it that in addition to what you have.

I figure I'll let you know also what we're planning to do with what we collect here. We'll be using what we get at the event for:

- Somewhat generic Broadcast packages
- Images to use in the MoE Programme that will be produced for each round.
- Images to use in "Spotters Guide" documents we'll be making
- More and more if we find use.

The sooner we can get even a generic skin for your team the better so we can produce the Spotter's Guide early this week. The goal is to have the programme ready for publication so all I have to do is add in a bit about Q2 and post it up while I work on editing the Qual recap. It will be like something you get at the track on raceday.

Again, if you aren't eligible for qual but can get a skin up before the Media Day Event, I'll gladly let you partake in the Media Day event. The more the better, the closer we are to the full field the better it will look.

Thanks,
dekojester
LFSLA's Media Day Skin. Allready uploaded. Let me know if its ok.
Attached images
FZR_GT2moeMD.jpg
33 AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team skin for Media Day
Attached images
FZR_AMT_MediaDay.jpg
Media day skin for #01 F1RST Racing
Attached images
XRR_F1RSTMOE0910KY3.jpg
Team Inferno #07 GT1
and
Team Inferno #40 GT2

Skins for Media Day
Attached images
FZR_MoE40-GT2MD.jpg
FZR_MoE07-GT1MD.jpg
Estonian Endurance Racers #42 Media Day skin
Attached images
FZR_MoEEERMediaDay.jpg
TDRT Media day skin
Attached images
FZR_MoETDRTMediaDay.jpg
I'll attach this here too, just in case.
Attached images
XRR_n1_KY12media.jpg
-
(GuRu_PL) DELETED by GuRu_PL
Media Day skin for Warbirs Team
Attached images
FZR_MoETWarbirdsMD.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG