The online racing simulator
How to survive The Oval
Okay, post your ideas & instructions here
Go to FM servers and read the Oval rules, because if you dont use this rules , the race will be disaster.
Any other rules for regular racing is not good for this track.
On this track racing speed is not go below 280km/h , with FO8, if you have someone behind you who is faster, dont block the inside line, do not try to made a defend manouver, let him go and cath yourself behind him and the next curve retake your position , in that way try to survive oval in 70 laps , leave the batle for position for the last few laps.
On the start carefuly , to not made mass collision when you accelerating with FO8. Crash anywhere on the track and you will have few laps behind the leader.
This is the only track where the WR- are maded by hotlap , on racing it is normal that you have faster time from wr because drafting.
In other words, if I may, this next race is nothing like anything you've encountered in OLFSL seasons. Completely different style of racing.

So most of us need to learn new things, which is done best in practice not by reading. The rules mentioned in a post above are good stuff, not denying that. However, the actual driving is done on track and it's highly recommended to do more than few laps with others cars/racers.

That's my stand
Just one thing , if you are have high damaged car or flipped car go immidately in to spectetors, to not destroy the race for other racers.
#5 - t1ger
And practise, even if its against the AI (although they are stupid and slow).

However, I tested all 76 laps against the AI and I crashed about 3 laps from the end, had to hobble around and pit, most of the AI re-lapped and overtook me to finish ahead of me. The slightest mistake will cost you loads, so be warned.

Do some more practising!

Like Sami said, we haven't done anything like this before on the OLFSL, but lets try and make it a good event - play safe and be careful, respect your fellow racers.

Tim

ps practise - did I mention that!
#6 - wild
Qualifying:
  • 'Hug the walls and kiss the kerbs'
  • Get as close as you can without touching them
Race:
  • Never block or camp on the inside lane
  • It's always faster to draft with someone, rather than hotlap
  • Practice as much as you can before the race, preferably on a reputable server
  • Never pass when you don't have enough speed or time to do so
  • In general try to be as cooperative with everyone rather than blocking and agitate the other participants.
I hope this helps you, please feel free to PM me or ask here and I'll try my best to answer your questions :-)
Luckily I've done a bit of Oval so it's not new to me - fingers crossed I can make it to the end.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG