The online racing simulator
Round 7: Drivers' Meeting
Hello drivers and managers!

The final round of the season brings us to Aston Historic for an extended 8-hour race. This will be our longest distance of the season, at one of the fastest and trickiest tracks on the calendar.

I hope you all have a safe and fun race tomorrow, and don't bring out too many SC periods. On to the details!

1 New rules! [Just gonna quote this one wholesale from last round.] As I hope all of you have seen already, we have new rules governing SC periods, specifically relating to lapped cars mixed in among the lead-lap cars. Here I'll just cut & paste my common sense description of the changes and their effects from the rules thread:

Quote :[This change means] that all cars between the leader and the last car on the lead lap at the time the SC comes out will get a free lap back. These cars will be called out by number and ordered to pass the SC, go around the track at speed, and re-join the end of the queue. It also means that the lead-lap cars (the ones that were on the lead lap at the time of the SC) will line up nose-to-tail for any SC restart, with lapped cars and waved-around cars behind them. This may extend the length of SC periods by about one lap.

If you have questions about this rule change, please contact me before the race!

2 Minimum SC period laps. The minimum SC period length will be two laps. We believe that AS4 is long enough to accommodate the queue resorting and the time necessary for lapped cars to get around the track to the back of the queue and then make a pitstop if necessary in only two laps. The SC may drive more slowly in order to accommodate this if needed.

3 Weather. According to most weather forecasts for Middle England, the wind speed will be about 5mph tomorrow afternoon, meaning that there will be NO WIND for this round.

4 Tire warming.
  • Tire warming will be allowed up until the final sector of the restart lap (until the 'leader controls field' message is displayed). This also applies for the rolling start lap.
  • Drivers must leave a large gap between themselves and the car ahead--think 5-7 car lengths.
  • Any solo spins caused by tire warming will cause the marshals to instruct the offending car to move to the rear of the queue.
  • Any multi-car incidents resulting from tire warming will result in harsh penalties for the guilty party.
5 Layout. There will be a minimal layout for this race, consisting only of pit entry/exit guideline poles.

If you have any questions regarding any of this, or if I've forgotten something (entirely possible) please let me know!

(And don't forget that you must have at least one team representative in the IRC channel (#igtc @ gamesurge) during the event.)
Please remember, from the Schedule thread:

Quote :All race weekends except the final round will begin with 30 minutes of "hardcore" qualifying at 18:00 UTC and have a 15 minute break from 18:30 to 18:45 UTC. Races will begin at 18:45 UTC. The final round will begin 4 hours earlier, at 14:00 UTC, and follow the same pattern.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG