The online racing simulator
Round 2 - Race Discussion
(55 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Soggyfrenchfries :kk.. just wanted to make sure one of the admins knew about it so they could take a look at it.. Don't wanna be cheated out of points :P Thanks

lol ok that was a bad attempt at humor.. edited so it doesn't get edited for me...

Yes, yes it was.

Quote from FAburner :i dont think people are really going to pay attention to that thing. drivers have to go faster to catch up to the SC. are u guys that stupid? wow

Either you didn't read what I typed, or there's is just no hope for you.

Quote from SidiousX :Read my post, if I slowed down, I would've been rear-ended(which I was regardless), the whole damn field was still driving fast.

Just realized why you crashed, thanks for helping out my point.

First of all, I'm not going to keep my eyes on the damn map looking for the speed on one of the numerous dark orange triangles when I'm going 150mph around the track so I don't get rear-ended. According to the rules, I am not supposed to tell people to slow down(it's the admin's responsibility to do that) and that surely didn't happen.... Also doesn't help that the safety car just sits in the pits circle-jerking while a caution has been called. And I thought you said blaming the drivers was wrong?

If you can't look at a map for half a second to see a big group of cars then you might as well turn off your rear view mirror as you won't be using it either.

And if you think that the admins need to tell you to slow down when the SC comes out then I can't respond to that, because it's just too dang retarded.

Responded in red.

Have you guys ever been in a league where there is an SC? You have to use common sense to know/find where it is.

It's a league race, not a day care center.
For the record, there were only two cases where I did not pick up the leader on the lap when the yellow flag was called.

1st: The first caution, when I inquired as to where the leader was, I heard "Exiting Turn 3", so I continued to roll out onto track, I had been waiting still by the grass because of cars in pitlane, and by the time I was at track edge, the leader had come past, so I pulled back onto apron to wait, watching the leader's minimap triangle. When there was a great gap, I pulled up, and went slow until the apporaching traingles were close, then I picked up to SC speed. That was when I got hit.

2nd: When there was a crash in the Turn 3 area, and by the time I could have gotten to the track, the leaders had passed. If it wasn't noticed, I spun trying to catch because it was close to being able to do so, but I got out of the way and waited.

I was NEVER in the pits "circle-jerking" for three laps when a yellow had been called.

And yes, the drivers can catch the SC without driving faster. The SC driver is perfectly capable of slowing down to wait, then speed back up as the queue approaches.

And, it is nice when the admins can alert to where the SC is, but it's not always doable. The races that I'm the main boss for, with everyone in Vent, I don't even get to call the SC location on every caution, yet somehow, the drivers can still manage quite well on their own in those cases. They don't need my help to crash, they're quite capable of that on their own.

Here's my general statement in any race I run about SC behaviour and what to do when a yellow is called:

When the caution is called, immediately start to slow down. This does NOT mean to immediately slam on the brakes or otherwise suddenly slow down if it can be avoided. Roll out of the throttle, don't follow in the same lane, leave long gaps, do whatever you can to reduce your risk of hitting the guy ahead. Don't travel more than about 30 mph over pace car speed when you can see another car in the area ahead of you. Then, when you're in the SC queue, leave at least a 3-5 car length gap.

That formula has seemed to work pretty well. But, between yellows, when the course is green, the admins are at fault for very close to NOTHING, because green flag is all drivers, to be perfectly honest.

I've been close before to giving a year long ban from my events to anyone who can manage to crash under SC. It's been suggested before. If you can't drive at 60 miles an hour, how can we expect you to drive at 200 mph ? But not to worry, no bans from this have been done for NDR events yet, so this is just a warning, basically.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yes, yes it was.

Either you didn't read what I typed, or there's is just no hope for you.

Responded in red.

Have you guys ever been in a league where there is an SC? You have to use common sense to know/find where it is.

It's a league race, not a day care center.

What part of THERE WAS NO QUEUE(aka"group of cars") on the map don't you understand? And I stated that the admin needs to have a SLOW DOWN message not for my sake, but for others, I do know that you need to slow down but it's kinda pointless if it results in me getting wrecked. The first car slowing down while the rest are still going fast doesn't help that much does it?
This thread is getting a bit out of hand. Both sides have presented good arguments about the race, and we admins know what we need to do to improve ourselves and the league. Deko is working on finalizing the results for us, and will have it very soon.

In the meantime, the Phoenix layout has been loaded onto the server. This will be a very tough race as it's on the autocross track. There is two weeks (well, less than that now ) before this race, we hope that everybody can get some time to get on the server and practice the layout. This coming saturday can be looked upon as an unofficial test race for the layout, meaning everybody should try and join up on that day for some friendly pick up races on the layout. We'll see you on the 18th for qual (or earlier, never know).

Results are now official, and Burnsy has also updated points.

Car 77 was incorrectly prevented from rejoining, even though he was part of the mass timeout. This was missed or mixed up in the rush to sort out the matter. The administration staff apologize for this. We will be running a tracker on my machine during the race to log all messages and all standings to help sort this issue quicker in future. Had Car 77 restarted, he would have been the free pass car at the resumption of the race.

Car 17 was two laps down at the caution before the red flag, and was still there at the last lap completed before trouble struck. His free pass was credited to Part 1. He finished one lap down.

If there are any discrepancies, concerns about the results, please PM the admins.
This thread is closed

Round 2 - Race Discussion
(55 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG