The online racing simulator
Round 2 - Race Discussion
(55 posts, closed, started )
Quote from aroX123 :Great race victory for you, at the end of the race you did a great pace and still managed to keep the tires so really, you deserve the win. Gratz mate.

Yeah, spent the entire race adjusting tire pressure and camber, made it worse a couple times, but it really came to life on the last run.
Sorry about not showing up, i slept like a rock last night and if you know rocks its heavy :P really wanted to run this race.
Im am sory for not showing and not giving out any info im curently.

very sick and vomenting al the time when i try to eat anything so yesterday aswell as today I am in no condition to race
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Im am sory for not showing and not giving out any info im curently very sick

hmm... hope you get well soon
Quote from Chrisuu01 :and vomenting al the time when i try to eat anything so yesterday aswell as today I am in no condition to race

too many pictures runing in front of my head... not so detailed please
Anyone what wants part 2 may please find it here, on Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dz5brt

I'm running the mprs through the tracker in a bit here. I hope to get the results out Monday evening.

d
i watched the replay and i got 2 words:
VERY disorganized
First off, the results are here in the following images. Keep in mind this: They are UNOFFICIAL, because we still have a few more things to discuss and review before they are official.

Secondly, as someone who has had his fair share of disorganized events early in my admin career, and learned from the mistakes, this was NOT disorganized to tell you the truth. It's not as bad as it was made out to be.

Even though it may seem like the admins were not paying attention and not taking it seriously to some, you bloody well better not say a damn thing about it during the race, talk about it after the race in a calm manner. How can an admin run the race effectively when the admin has to deal with complaints and constant chatter from racers ? It detracts from their ability to have an important message delivered amongst all the other chat. In the race is for sure the WRONG place to chat about it.

I can guarantee every single one of you that we were aware of every single incident that occurred on track. I mentioned to the other admins that I'd have called a caution there for that, but you know what ? It wasn't my job to call yellow or no yellow that day, so you can't even use that as evidence. One person's opinions cannot change the course of action mid race, that will lead to simple confusion amongst everyone.

And yes, admin discretion meants everything with a car on the straightaway. LFS automatically throws up yellow flags when something untoward is ahead, so it's still the drivers' job to make sure that they are aware and ready to take evasive action.

To be blunt about it, admins and the rules are only so much to stop stupid behavior. If the drivers on race day don't do their part, it does not matter AT ALL what the admins do, because the drivers failed to do their part.

Also, don't anyone ever again post something like "The race was shit" or other things like that without posting a reason or two why. Just saying that and not giving a reason is an attack, not a constructive comment. If you really want the things that went wrong fixed, give input, just don't complain. That's the only way to get something done.

Now, before anyone accuses me of being biased or thinking it all went fine, stop for a second. I only drove the pace car, I did what I was supposed to do. I offered suggestions as needed along the way, but the final calls were between burnsy and Tim. Wilko was there for support as well. I will do what I can to help clear up any rules that need it, and make sure things go better. But, simply posting nonconstructive comments will not help in anyway. I'm here to help the league run smoothly, which is something severely lacking in LFS these days.

A few things need to be done from what I see so far:

1: I reckon some rules might need clearing up, but from what I saw, this is the least of our troubles.
2: Drivers need to do their part. Practice, learn the car, run with other people to learn how to run with other people. I don't care what anyone else says, if the drivers don't do their part, the admins don't matter. I had a race back in June, I saw every single driver race at least twice. Still, however, the race had many driver-error caused crashes. And I could have at any point for any reason excluded those drivers from participating. So for sure, an invitation-only basis will not sort it.
3: The abusive remarks going either way need to stop and they need to stop now. From this point on, I will be monitoring it all, and applying penalties to NDR events as needed, starting with probation. It won't affect participation in I-SCAR, but it will affect status in any NDR event that you may run.

I don't want to ever again hear any of this he said/she said BS about who should run it, or about who didn't do their jobs. The past has happened, it's happened, and there's no way to change it. Take the learnable lessons from it and let's get this idea worked out. Two races is not enough to have worked it all out, especially since there have only been one of every discipline run. For everyone, admins and racers alike, as a mostly outside observer providing SC and points support offering his 2 cents worth, FIX WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED AND GET TO RACING.
My final finish position was 3rd not 6th..... I was 2 laps down... lap 105 the leader spun... I got 1 lap back passing him then into the caution(I was ahead of him before the caution)... and I was lucky dog... shortly after the caution started the server crashed (Before I got my lap back which would have put me on the lead lap)... when we restarted I was still the lucky dog so I got to take my lap back.. the "2nd" part of the race I was on the lead lap.
Quote from dekojester :If you really want the things that went wrong fixed, give input, just don't complain. That's the only way to get something done.

I don't want to ever again hear any of this he said/she said BS about who should run it, or about who didn't do their jobs.

I'm getting mixed messages.
You just quoted a sentence that said just don't complain, and that's exactly what you just did. Posts like these are not helpful, if you want to help, like the quote says, give input as well.
He's saying don't talk about who didn't do their jobs, that's input.
He's asking for a little thing called constructive criticism.

All you seem to be giving at the moment mate is "Youre crap", "You can't do your job properly"

We don't want to hear that sort of thing, we want to know how to improve. You moaning without even giving a reason dosen't help one tiny little bit.
Quote from Wilko868 :
We don't want to hear that sort of thing, we want to know how to improve. You moaning without even giving a reason dosen't help one tiny little bit.

What exactly did I moan about without giving reason? Enlighten me.

Here's another piece of "constructive criticism"

When the yellow flag comes out, please don't wait like 3 damn laps for the safety car to finally come out, without people knowing, and having the two top cars get wrecked because of it...
lol.. Burnsy.. I can see that you edited my post.. So I know you saw it... But you can't comment or confirm deny the information... gg... Whats the word? whats going on? How about an update for me almighty admin...
Maybe I am glad my PC crashed and I couldn't make this race.

I'm not going to take sides (drivers/admins) because I know both are in some ways "wrong" in the end.

Drivers: If you wreck under SC, and the SC wasn't the actual fault of it (SC brake checking you or something ridiculous like that) then it's the driver's fault. No matter what. Saying the leaders ran into each other because the SC didn't come out fast enough is complete lack of *lets not get into it*.

Drivers blaming admins: Ok, you got to understand that these admins won't be perfect for the first few races. Actually, they probably will never be perfect, because no admins ever are. Admins volunteered to help run this series after the creator decided to bail out last minute. Blaming them is making you look bad, it doesn't really give a bad impression toward the admins. And no, you have not backed up any "complaints".
Quote from PMD9409 :Maybe I am glad my PC crashed and I couldn't make this race.

I'm not going to take sides (drivers/admins) because I know both are in some ways "wrong" in the end.

Drivers: If you wreck under SC, and the SC wasn't the actual fault of it (SC brake checking you or something ridiculous like that) then it's the driver's fault. No matter what. Saying the leaders ran into each other because the SC didn't come out fast enough is complete lack of *lets not get into it*.

Drivers blaming admins: Ok, you got to understand that these admins won't be perfect for the first few races. Actually, they probably will never be perfect, because no admins ever are. Admins volunteered to help run this series after the creator decided to bail out last minute. Blaming them is making you look bad, it doesn't really give a bad impression toward the admins. And no, you have not backed up any "complaints".

So you're telling me that safety cars are not obligated to at least acknowledge where it's at, not to mention that it's on the damn track. When you're drivin around the track waiting for the safety car (which, might I add, is the same colored arrow as like 5 OTHER lapped down cars on the track) and you have people racing around the track as to where if you slow down, you risk being a**-raped, it's kinda hard to know where the damn safety car is. It's just common courtesy to notify the drivers where the safety car is. Or else two perfectly good cars (and arguably the fastest) wouldn't have been wrecked (one had to DNF for it, and he was a very fast car) I'm sorry, it's VERY hard not to "complain" about that.
Wait, why are you still racing when the SC is out? Surely you should slow down as soon as the caution comes out, so it doesn't matter where the SC is?
Quote from SidiousX :So you're telling me that safety cars are not obligated to at least acknowledge where it's at, not to mention that it's on the damn track. When you're drivin around the track waiting for the safety car (which, might I add, is the same colored arrow as like 5 OTHER lapped down cars on the track) and you have people racing around the track as to where if you slow down, you risk being a**-raped, it's kinda hard to know where the damn safety car is. It's just common courtesy to notify the drivers where the safety car is. Or else two perfectly good cars (and arguably the fastest) wouldn't have been wrecked (one had to DNF for it, and he was a very fast car) I'm sorry, it's VERY hard not to "complain" about that.

Sounds like the drivers had issues. It's pretty easy to spot a slow triangle on track map, or a group of cars (queue), but overall its just that the drivers need to slow down to a safe speed (while still faster than SC) in order to catch the SC wherever its at.

Crashing just shows the drivers obviously were not driving at a safe speed, so its a fail on their part.
Quote from Soggyfrenchfries :My final finish position was 3rd not 6th..... I was 2 laps down... lap 105 the leader spun... I got 1 lap back passing him then into the caution(I was ahead of him before the caution)... and I was lucky dog... shortly after the caution started the server crashed (Before I got my lap back which would have put me on the lead lap)... when we restarted I was still the lucky dog so I got to take my lap back.. the "2nd" part of the race I was on the lead lap.

As I stated before the image, the results posted were UNOFFICIAL, pending further doublechecks and confirmations. I will be doing all of that tonight. I do believe that I forgot to account for all Part 2 free pass cars so far, but again, that will be taken care of tonight.

d
kk.. just wanted to make sure one of the admins knew about it so they could take a look at it.. Don't wanna be cheated out of points :P Thanks

lol ok that was a bad attempt at humor.. edited so it doesn't get edited for me...
Quote from PMD9409 :Sounds like the drivers had issues. It's pretty easy to spot a slow triangle on track map, or a group of cars (queue), but overall its just that the drivers need to slow down to a safe speed (while still faster than SC) in order to catch the SC wherever its at.

Crashing just shows the drivers obviously were not driving at a safe speed, so its a fail on their part.

i dont think people are really going to pay attention to that thing. drivers have to go faster to catch up to the SC. are u guys that stupid? wow
Quote from FAburner :i dont think people are really going to pay attention to that thing. drivers have to go faster to catch up to the SC. are u guys that stupid? wow

Yes..... can't you see on the mini-map that there's a queue of cars somewhere, failing that can't you use your EYES to see whats on the track ahead? The brakes aren't that bad on it
Quote from J@tko :Wait, why are you still racing when the SC is out? Surely you should slow down as soon as the caution comes out, so it doesn't matter where the SC is?

Read my post, if I slowed down, I would've been rear-ended(which I was regardless), the whole damn field was still driving fast.

Quote from PMD9409 :Sounds like the drivers had issues. It's pretty easy to spot a slow triangle on track map, or a group of cars (queue), but overall its just that the drivers need to slow down to a safe speed (while still faster than SC) in order to catch the SC wherever its at.

First of all, I'm not going to keep my eyes on the damn map looking for the speed on one of the numerous dark orange triangles when I'm going 150mph around the track so I don't get rear-ended. According to the rules, I am not supposed to tell people to slow down(it's the admin's responsibility to do that) and that surely didn't happen.... Also doesn't help that the safety car just sits in the pits circle-jerking while a caution has been called. And I thought you said blaming the drivers was wrong?

Quote from J@tko :Yes..... can't you see on the mini-map that there's a queue of cars somewhere, failing that can't you use your EYES to see whats on the track ahead? The brakes aren't that bad on it

Takes a whole straight-away to slow down....if you watch the replay, I tried as hard as I can not to ram the safety car(cause I'm a nice guy :razz I barely missed him and was still slowing down after I passed him.
Well in the case we are talking about there wasnt a q of cars because it happened to the lead couple cars. also the sc was sitting in t2 un-announced. i noticed every time after that they announced it which was great but the first instance they didnt which is why that yhappen. bad luck yes. avoidable most likely but it really could have been avoided by either i wouldnt say its just the drivers fault. didnt.d
hahaha yea soggy when sid started to say something about that they warned everyone where the SC was.
This thread is closed

Round 2 - Race Discussion
(55 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG