(43 posts, closed, started )
Round 2 - Pre-race discussion
Event: Kyoto 250
Track: Kyoto Oval (KY1)
Qualifying: Friday, September 4th, 2009 17:00 UTC, 2 flying laps
Race: Saturday, September 5th, 2009 18:00 UTC, 139 laps + 1 pace lap

Begin the discussion.
I'll be busy in my Safety Car
Heard rumors that the Kyoto oval is double grooved with the stock car in which you can run side by side consistently lap after lap.

Dont know if this is actually the case but if it is, then this will make a great race
#4 - hsvdt
Hopefully I can make it
maybe we should run a fixed setup for this
Quote from Dennis93 :maybe we should run a fixed setup for this

Why's that? You mean restricted as in restrictor plates?
he means that everyone will be using the same setups
Don't think that's really necessary, kinda takes away from the spectacle of the league if we do that. And, there's no real way to check that unless I make you run a program on each of your computers to check your setup. So, I'd say no.
I agree with having a fixed setup, because I know theres going to be one person who finds something out about the set and completely rapes everyone, and ruins the fun for everyone...
Quote from SidiousX :I agree with having a fixed setup, because I know theres going to be one person who finds something out about the set and completely rapes everyone, and ruins the fun for everyone...

So how would I make sure that you are going to use the correct setup? This kind of debate has already happened in the LFS community, and it can not work until the correct checks have been put into place on the dedi server for it to be able to check your setup. Currently, there is no way to check setups, so like I said, this isn't possible at this time, so don't worry about it.
Have us all sit on the grid, and each person sends their setup to the admin, and you go down the list and look at them, solved
Yes, fixed setups are quite easy to mandate, like Sid said.. however, in my opinion setups really are a big part of racing- if a team figures out something, then they've put in more R&D and are better setup-makers, which just makes them a better team. Isn't that what racing is?
Quote from SidiousX :Have us all sit on the grid, and each person sends their setup to the admin, and you go down the list and look at them, solved

Lol, and what stops you from pitting and grabbing something different.

Quote from paulct :Yes, fixed setups are quite easy to mandate, like Sid said.. however, in my opinion setups really are a big part of racing- if a team figures out something, then they've put in more R&D and are better setup-makers, which just makes them a better team. Isn't that what racing is?

Yes, which is why fixed setups will not be used. Part of your job in racing is to find that edge over someone else, not follow in line. Fixed setups will not be mandated. If you guys want to do it voluntarily, by all means.
nooo fixed setups!! i wouldnt trust the other peeps
Ok, complain that you want fixed set.. Then what happens if the set that is made is not to your liking?

I won the last race with a setup I sent to everyone. Either you didn't think the set was fast, or you changed it for your personal preference.

You can go through a useless process to have everyone on a fixed set, but the fastest guys will always prevail.
well im not going to be able to race this week cause its labor day weekend=[ why would this race be on labor day weekend?? its kinda stupid to schedule it on this weekend. Some people(like me) will not be home. U cant move it to next week??
Quote from FAburner :well im not going to be able to race this week cause its labor day weekend=[ why would this race be on labor day weekend?? its kinda stupid to schedule it on this weekend. Some people(like me) will not be home. U cant move it to next week??

I understand. There is a week break inbetween this race and the next, so it is possible to push this race back a week to the 12th of September. However, I won't do that unless we get at least 1/3+ of the signups asking to do the same. If there's a majority that wants to move it back, we just might do that. So, anybody else need that saturday off?
well, this car does take some kindof setup skill, atleast have fixed tires then, that is not too hard to check, i mean its a bloody hard combo, very loose car, and especially not easy to make setups and or friends with

Dont flame me just because i came up with a constructive idea, i just think it would be better.
Umm, well labor day weekend I believe I'm going to a cookout on saturday, and the following weekend will be the NASCAR race at Richmond, which I'm going to.....DAMNIT
The 12th will see the last round of the LFSCART, where I'm taking part, so I'd not like to see the race moved on that date personnally.
well only 16 people raced last week so it would take like 4 people to say it for it to go back?
What about we make a poll?
we arent gonna run fixed anything cause theres no way people can see if they are actually running it the same as everyone
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG