The online racing simulator
Discarded round issue!
First to congratulate all participants and most of all DU-GASER for winning the league.:clapclap:

I would like to talk about the discarding the worst round but not because I want to change the final results, so don`t get me wrong.
IMO, if someone don`t show up for the race that is not his worst result!
I`ll use real stats to explain what I mean, but again not to affect the final results.

SCP Igor*cisco
Race 1 - 314 pts
Race 2 - 273 pts
Race 3 - 232 pts
Race 4 - 432 pts
Total - 1251 pts
Worst - 232 pts
Final - 1019 pts

PLZ-Ulisse
Race 1 - 469 pts
Race 2 - 0 pts
Race 3 - 420 pts
Race 4 - 490 pts
Total - 1379 pts
Worst - 0 pts
Final - 1379 pts

So IMO Ulisse and all that didn`t start the race should have discarded worst result from the race they finished and not the one they didn`t start.
I would like to hear from other what they think about this so next season would be clear.
Hi mate, i can understand u but all league work in this way, for example the fox league by [SR] League.

Some time some guys decide to do not join in a race beacuse he know that there is a discarge result.

The bad result is the result where u have taken less points.

Example:
http://www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk/league_fox09.php

Next time i will be more clear about this, sure but sincerely i thank that this point was clear.
i think that this sort of discarding points is nonsense.

Example:

FE2
First race DNF (bloody chicane)
Second race WIN

On other combos,every combo last place.So my worst event will be that one where i won.

And why to copy/paste rules from other leagues?Or point system?
That's my 2 cents
I understand fully this type of scoring, you didn`t make anything new.

My point was that in 4 races league it`s wrong to implement such a rule.
Specially to count DNS as worst score.
I think that DNS is what it is, not a score.
It`s against common sense to discard "0" pts.
DNS should be sanctioned like in OLFSL (you qualify for event but you don`t show, you get -40 pts.).

If someone decided not to join because he knows that he would be discarded "0" points, of course he`ll do that (Example: I don`t know KY2 track - what the hell, I won`t show up, no big deal, my other 3 races will count, and I don`t lose anything). I joined this league to have fun and race with top players, not to do the math and calculate. :thumbsdow

It is obvious from my example that guys who made all 4 races are "punished", while others "profited" from "DNS"!

Again, this is my opinion, I don`t judge or ask you to change the results.
This was only my try to point out the obvious mistake.
#5 - J@tko
Nothing to do with this League, but my opinion:

I can see why a dropped score rule could be useful, especially during a Summer Series, as it's quite likely that someone will be away for at least one round of the series, but that person doesn't have to worry about it as they can still win it. This of course it a tad unfair on someone who's turned up for every race. I'd think a slightly fairer way is "half-worst dropped score", where you drop 50% of your worst score - the people who couldn't turn up aren't disadvantaged that much, and people who came to every race still get some points
+1 for Jack!
He always finds a compromise
BTW, what`s 50% of "0"?
#7 - J@tko
Quote from J@tko :Nothing to do with this League, but my opinion:

I can see why a dropped score rule could be useful, especially during a Summer Series, as it's quite likely that someone will be away for at least one round of the series, but that person doesn't have to worry about it as they can still win it. This of course it a tad unfair on someone who's turned up for every race. I'd think a slightly fairer way is "half-worst dropped score", where you drop 50% of your worst score - the people who couldn't turn up aren't disadvantaged that much, and people who came to every race still get some points

I'll merge my opinion in with this reply, seeing as it goes into what i think people see incorrectly.

If theres 5 rounds with the best 4 to count, 1 driver does all races, 1 driver decides they want to watch tv for 1 round but does the other 4, then the driver who's done 5 rounds is always going to benefit, for the simple fact that they've had 5 races and they get to keep their best 4, the other guy is forced to have all 4 which they've done..

Its a half empty/half full issue, you see what you want to see from it, but IMO this is more like a 60/40, because the suggested method DEFINATLY ruins any title asperations a person has, the tweaked method still heavily penalises, but leaving it as it is still gives 5of5 attenders a bonus of having 5 races to get their best results, where 4of5 folks are stuck with those 4 they did, and most significantly it means everyone can still fight for the championship if they cant make a race, get disconnected, wrecked, or just have a stinker of a round. This seems to be more of a punishment to people who miss a race, and if 5 people suffer, thats 5 people less competitive in the title race and unless were taking the series seriously (which i'd find hard to do in a UFB) then that rule change doesnt really stick to the fun but honest spirit of things i think this sort of racing should be done by.

IMO, if someone wins 4 rounds, but their internet plays up, they're ill or on holiday somewhere nice, they shouldnt end up behind someone who's averaged say 5th, the idea of a dropped round is to keep things close and remove unforgiving results, forcing the driver to keep their absolute worst result isnt a particularly friendly rule, and if someone told me theres a dropped round, but if for some reason i cant make a race, im forced to have that round as a counted round... i wouldnt enter cos its a stupid rule that is anything but helpful, its just very counter productive, it'd be a mean rule for what would appear to be a fun series.
Thanks for explanation Paul.
You`re right about half full/half empty issue, and I didn`t understand the implementation of this rule .
I didn`t want to argue about whole thing, just didn`t understand how you can deduct "zero" (nothing) from someones result. When I take into concern other things you`ve mentioned (timeout, illness, holiday, bad day,....), I`m beginning to get the point of this rule.
So, to conclude, I think that next time it would be nice to point out the obvious for us noobs, and explain the rule by real example.
On the other hand, maybe not use this rule at all .
I wouldnt have thought a zero score would be that hard to understand why its being removed tbh.

180 - 260 - 0 - 80 - 420

If those were your round totals, the worst being deducted, then it doesnt really make sense to remove the 4th round when you got 80pts when you didnt/couldnt do round 3 and deducting that round gives you the highest 4 from 5 total.

IMO its a very good rule to use in any non professional series IRL, and likewise in sim racing, because if there is something else which clashes with a date, like a holiday, only a professional driver would sacrifice the holiday to put their racing first, meaning withstanding a serious issue, they'll do whatever they can to attend. However when there are every day occurances which people put ahead of racing (IRL or Sim racing, ie having to work a double shift, family members birthday) then the driver is instantly out of any chance of getting a deserved result, so dropping rounds gives the entrants some flexability with them attending most of the rounds and still being able to fight for an honest result. If every round counts, you miss one and win all the others and come 5th its not a result which accurately reflects your activity, so theres positive aspects for everyone involved by using a dropped round, the drivers benefit, the series benefits, everyone is happy.
GOT IT PAUL
Thanks again for info and examples. I accept your explanation as you`re experienced racer, so you know how things work.
This was my attempt to clear up some things in my head, but at the end it all ends up in statistic and math.
I totally respect the choice one makes when putting holiday in front of sim-racing, so I`m finished with this issue and wish good luck to all in the future!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG