The online racing simulator
Event 4 - LX4 @ Fern Bay Club REV - Afterthoughts
Share your thoughts, complaints, race experiences ...

My race was in Pool5 and i had a blast.
I ended 2nd after an awesome race with lots of fighting for the first 4 places.

The LX4 was a handful but thanks to a friendly person i obtained a great setup which made the car a lot easier to handle (thx Teichmann).

The race itself, first corner went very well for me and i was doing qualifying laps till i caught up to the cars in front of me.
Hardly any space to overtake so i just tried to stay as close as possible and force them into a mistake.
Robb didnt wanna give his 1st place up and during traffic 2nd, 3rd, 4th got mixed up a bit. I went sideways after a misjudgment in the speed of the slower car in front of me.
No big deal as i went from 4th to 2nd shortly later due to traffic/mistake of those in front of me.

I was slowly catching up to Robb again near the end but due to the low fuel in my car i was suffering from over steer.

I had a great car setup and it felt like i was one of the faster cars the first half of the race ... near the end i was sliding all over the place (front wheels) and too busy fighting with GianniC and SCP Igor.

Great race all (even the slower cars), it was a lot of fun and I'm happy my 2 weeks of practice and looking forward to this race paid off

Gonna watch the replays in a bit ... see you all next event!
I was in Pool 4, only about half the people who qualified finished the race
Though the tyres heat up very quickly if you slide it, I managed to keep damage away. Had a hot clutch at one time and had to back off but still managed a couple of good chases with other people. It was quite clean too.

One thing I noted were persistent T3 cutters, will there be penalties for blatantly cutting T3 (we were warned about it before the start)??
Pool 5 race, one of the folks who made Rookie sweat

Very fun racing... large gap though between first 4 of us and the rest, but fun. The blue flags were kept up nicely - it's a hard track to move aside especially if you don't fully control the car. Bit annoying was the wind mostly, I was such focused on my other braking points that despite I wanted to change my braking points I did not do it because it had become such an automatisme to brake on a certain point Anyway, I didn't knew that the LX4 could give such close racing without accidents (or barely any). Superb!

Made personally a lot of little racing errors though, I think I could have done a faster laptime without much troubles, was it not for the nerves and adrenaline. Racing for fun though and not for points, so it was a very great first LFS race for me since 1 year and some months! And nice close finish for 3rd, too bad I was 00:00:11 too slow. Congrats everyone in front of me, congrats with the very first win Robb, well done!

See you next race, pool 5

PS: In general:
This race should have had a pit stop, perfect track and pitlane for it.
For the rest Pool 5 organisation was without problems.
I noticed no cutting in pool 5, everyone respect the blue flag as well.
Not the fastest pool, but for sure some great quality racing. As it should be!
My race was a mess in pool 4

One thing i noticed that some guys at the front push a lot when they lap others. There is no need to blow the horn. There is always time to wait 1 or 2 corners to make the pass. We are fighting as well at the back for our position.
It was a nightmare for me in Pool 5, sorry to everyone who had to see me spin around etc. I didn't crash into anyone though and always waited for the traffic to clear before rejoining.

My excuse is that up I didn't do any practice laps and decided to change my tire choice right before the race without testing. The result was a some unusual grip and balance. It was weird having a car that was handling fine for a couple of laps and then on the following lap feeling totally different (perhaps that was the wind thinking about it).

I tried to obey blue flags as best as I could, unlike many other tracks the lap is so short but the track was fast, making it very tricky to just pull over in a conventional way.

Looking forward to Westhill for the next event, not sure about the XRT though - I'd have preferred a single seater myself.
Replays will be reviewed to inspect cutting the track and penalties will be applied accordingly. It's a lot of work, so please be patient with us.
Quote from russraine :sorry to everyone who had to see me spin around etc....
Looking forward to Westhill for the next event, not sure about the XRT though - I'd have preferred a single seater myself.

No problem man, after watching the replay and following your car for a while i understand your frustration with the car. Seemed to go fine for a couple laps then BAM side-ways or spin ...
Never had any trouble with lapping you and i noticed you went out of your way where possible.

I don't remember anyone making lapping hell ... i know everyone is having their own race and fights so i understand you can't just pull over or go off road to let me pass

About corner cutting ... at the ones who had to use the grass as extra track. You should have left those qualy objects there ... would have been funny to see a car get airborne every now and then.

I'm looking forward to Westhill myself ... maybe not so much to driving the XRT as i can't seem to get the hang of it yet. (Power sliding in corners and such).
I think i won't be fighting for 1st/2nd there ... more like trying to keep it on the road and have some fun at the back of the pack
Well pool 5 too

It wasnt a nightmare like the MRT but it wasnt easy...
The first laps were much pushing and mistaking around and in front of me.
It was like surviving
After that it works good for the half race... some little mistakes but nothing i cant handle.

Until the last half of the race the RR Tire go down and it makes it little slidy
some bigger mistakes was the result of that.
And i was happy that i finished the race

Maybe next time its better to use a less powerfull car on this track?
You can take a look at My3id's race report in here.
And I made a video of my hotlap and my race highlights for this round too.

Read highlights video description to find out more about my feelings on this race.
Quote from N I K I :You can take a look at My3id's race report in here.
And I made a video of my hotlap and my race highlights for this round too.

Read highlights video description to find out more about my feelings on this race.

there are cars jumping and changing. that makes no sense
Quote from tomylee :there are cars jumping and changing. that makes no sense

what doesn't make sense, what do you mean by jumping and changing?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG