The online racing simulator
wimp!
what about switching AS2 for AS3 or FE2?
Quote from Tomhah :what about switching AS2 for AS3 or FE2?

AS2 with FOX is , IMO, one of the best combos in lfs, there is so many passing opportunities, and FE2's T1 with a crowded grid is just horrendous.
Quote from pacesetter :AS2 with FOX is , IMO, one of the best combos in lfs, there is so many passing opportunities, and FE2's T1 with a crowded grid is just horrendous.

Jesus not that AS2 dribble. Fair enough its a decent combo but its been warn out far too much.

FE2 is a great track with enough passing opportunities - we raced it in the TBO cup on sunday and it was a brilliant track!

If you choose boring wide long straighted tracks for every round its just crap, one of the reasons I showed interest in this league was because of the track list.

The schedule is fine as it is, having 3/6 rounds at Aston just makes the whole thing crap - probably because I despise Aston as being a boring track.
The final and official calendar has been decided:

Round# Date – Track Name @ laps (sprint race/main race)
1.7th August - Fern Bay Gold @12/24
2.14th August - Aston Cadet @20/40
3.21th August- Blackwood GP Track REV@13/26
4.28th August - South City Town Course @12/24
5. 4th September - Aston Club @14/28
6.11th September- Kyoto Ring National @9/18

*Note: The final round might be chanced if enough reasons are given after the 1st test event.

In the next days, I will purchase a server and try to get a website to meet the requirements for a subsection.

1st test event information
Date: 3rd of July
Course: Kyoto Ring Nation (KY2R)
Qualifying Duration: 20 minute session
Race Duration (sprint/main): 9/18 laps

Timetable

(All times in GMT/UTC)

17:40 - All Competitors must be on server
18:00@18:15 - Qualifying
18:15@18:30 - Sprint Race
18:30@19:00 - Race Starts

This track has been chosen for the 1st test race due to a number of factors:

-Some of you have requested it for the league itself.
-It's a relatively wide and safe track.
-It's quite long, thus any doubts about not having close racing on a such a track should be proved useless. If not, it will give us the necessary time to change the last round of the championship.
If the last round is KY2, then the test event could be FE2. If people don't like the T1 carnage, then FE2R instead. But I don't know why we should race Kyoto National twice.
Quote from khoianh94 :If the last round is KY2, then the test event could be FE2. If people don't like the T1 carnage, then FE2R instead. But I don't know why we should race Kyoto National twice.

Why would we race a track that isn't on the schedule for the test event?
Quote from racer hero :Why would we race a track that isn't on the schedule for the test event?

A test event is more a "Round 0" than a practice for a later race for me.
Quote from racer hero :Why would we race a track that isn't on the schedule for the test event?

Well here are the reasons

Quote from BAMBO :

-Some of you have requested it for the league itself.
-It's a relatively wide and safe track.
-It's quite long, thus any doubts about not having close racing on a such a track should be proved useless. If not, it will give us the necessary time to change the last round of the championship.

Why would you race on a track that is on the schedule for the test event, Ken?
That's mint!
Quote from BAMBO :Well here are the reasons

Why would you race on a track that is on the schedule for the test event, Ken?

I'm agreeing that we should be on KY2... Notice I quoted him, therefore replying to the statement that he made.
you gotta have fe2 , i own that track in a fox
Quote from jwardy :you gotta have fe2 , i own that track in a fox

It's horrid to race on
im still a GOD there :P
Well I'm out unless that start time gets pushed back 2 hours but i doubt that would flow with anyone just to suit me, i look forward to hearing what happens here.
Will the test track be KY2 or KY2reverse?
Quote from Mister Pino :Will the test track be KY2 or KY2reverse?

I think the track for the practice race is ky2r, according to Bambo's calendar.

On another topic, I have a question and I hope people don't start flaming me. I really have tried to figure it out. Anyway, I'm having trouble getting the gray text for my name...as stated in the rules section.

Quote :You will require to have your name in the following way:
“00 D.Driver” (all numbers and letter shall be grey colored)

I have tried choosing the gray/grey color while typing my name for this summer series, but when I'm online it shows as white. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you
Quote from arnold cottenier :I have tried choosing the gray/grey color while typing my name for this summer series, but when I'm online it shows as white. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

This is weird... But as grey is the default color on LFS(even if it's shown as green on the lobby and in the top of the cars for the sake of readability), just don't select any color and you'll be okay.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :This is weird... But as grey is the default color on LFS(even if it's shown as green on the lobby and in the top of the cars for the sake of readability), just don't select any color and you'll be okay.

Thank you very much GreyBull.

I wondered about not doing anything to the color, but then I thought...but it's green, that's not gray. So I'll take your advice and redo my name.

Thanks m8 !!!
#46 - 5haz
Will there be a some sort of sign up thread at any point?
Yup, when the league is gonna get a website so it will be qualified for it's own sub-forum.
Another question Bambo...will we be required to use a special skin for this series, and can we choose our car number or will you assign us a car number?

Thank you.
You can use any skin you like, as long as it doesn't contain any offensive material. You get to pick the number you like as long as nobody else that signed up before you has it.
The only rule that might be put into action is to have your according number put in a readable size on the rear wing's laterals.
so there isn't eny sign up for this test event ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG