The online racing simulator
#1 - BAMBO
Formula Junior - Season 2
Formula Junior was from the start planned to be a relatively short league with an easy but very rewarding car to drive, a 9/14 fixed wing degrees and 12% intake restricted FOX, which made for very close and exciting racing.

First season, back in 2008, got quite a respectful amount of sign ups, although a small majority showed up. Even so, the league did what it promised and offered the drivers that participated a fantastic experience.

After a bit of brainstorming, some changes and a bit of motivation, I've decided that I might bring the league back for a second season. You'll find all the information you need, with a few exceptions which you can ask me if you want to, in the file attached to this post.

I'm thinking of getting it running around mid August - September, on Friday or Saturday

Please post if you'd be interested in joining and/or give your opinion on the matter
Attached files
Formula.pdf - 67.1 KB - 675 views
FOX_Formula Junior.set - 132 B - 1056 views
#2 - 5haz
Interesting.
Depending on times and dates i might be in for it. I stress the might.
Quote from BAMBO :
Please post if you'd be interested in joining and/or give your opinion on the matter

I'd put serious involvement in this if you put the races on Fridays.
I would also be very interested in this. One small track suggestion - instead of driving twice on FE Gold/Rev a race on FE Green would be nice. The days can be put on any day but Sundays...
#6 - BAMBO
The rulebook has been updated and I'm also starting to prefer Friday to the other days.

But for that statement to become a fact, I still need more replies
Interested indeed.
I would also be interested but i have to see what the dates will be like
Here's a first test-calendar, tell me what you think:

Round# Date – Track Name @ laps (sprint race/main race)
1. 28th July - Fern Bay Gold REV @12/24
2. 4th August - Aston Cadet @14/28
3. 11th August- Blackwood GP Track REV@13/26
4. 18th August - South City Town Course @12/24
5. 25th August - Aston Club @20/40
6. 2nd October- Fern Bay Gold @12/24
I think something like KY2R would be cool,
Quote from BAMBO :Here's a first test-calendar, tell me what you think:

1.28th July - Fern Bay Gold REV @12/24
2.4th August - Aston Cadet @14/28
3.11th August- Blackwood GP Track REV@13/26
4.18th August - South City Town Course @12/24
5.25th August - Aston Club @20/40
6.2nd October- Fern Bay Gold @12/24

PLS change 1st track to Fern Bay Green / Green rev Because last race is Fern Bay Gold...
And 4th track to some other South City combination, like South City Chicane /rev, which i think is more preferred than Town course generally..

Otherwise i could use terminology -> Mint! And interest in this league is existing
Well since quite a few of you have requested that and since driving on the same track twice, although in opposite directions, isn't really fun I am willing to change the calendar a bit.
I'll profit from this opportunity and ask if you'd like a long track such as KY2/KY2R or Westhill instead of Fern Bay Gold?
The league will still have the first round held at Fern Bay Gold REV since it's a bit of a tradition really, it was the inaugural track for the first season as well.
I`m interested
Then end the season on the KY2rev track, would be a nice combo with this cars
#15 - 5haz
I'm interested so long as grids don't become stupidly large, like just about every other LFS series currently.
I'm interested, KY2r for the last race would be great, but keep SO5.
I prefer the SO5 from all the other South City configurations since it's the only one that avoids the chicane and still is relatively medium sized.

Does this look good?

1.28th July - Fern Bay Gold REV @12/24
2.4th August - Aston Cadet @14/28
3.11th August- Blackwood GP Track REV@13/26
4.18th August - South City Town Course @12/24
5.25th August - Aston Club @20/40
6.2nd October- Kyoto Ring National @TBA/TBA

Expect a media test event this following weeks to get some pictures, to make a promo video and for the newcomers to the league to get a taste of racing this cars
I really like the sound of this - I'd join for sure as long as the dates didn't clash with IMA TBO/LFSCART.
Quote from mcintyrej :I really like the sound of this - I'd join for sure as long as the dates didn't clash with IMA TBO/LFSCART.

Well if it's being ran as a IMA championship, it won't be clashing with any other leagues in our current programme.
Well the test calendar I've put two posts above, doesn't clashes with any league according to the forum's Race Calendar. Not even if it's started on the first Friday of July or October.

It's pretty clear to announce that after the interest shown in this league, Formula Junior is definitely coming back for a second season this year
Sounds good, but I agree with Anton, fe3 or fe3r should be replaced by fe2.

Also, considering that some people might go on holiday during Summer(I'm not speaking for me, as I probably won't), this would be good to have only 5 rounds counting for the championship standings.
Well I've done that calendar at 2:00 AM in the morning but fair enough, that isn't an excuse so I apologize for my mistake

Here's a second calendar and this time, the dates are correct

1.7th August - Fern Bay Gold @12/24
2.14th August - Aston Cadet @20/40
3.21th August- Blackwood GP Track REV@13/26
4.28th August - South City Town Course @12/24
5. 4th September - Aston Club @14/28
6.11th September- Kyoto Ring National @9/18

First track has been changed from Fern Bay Gold Reverse to normal and I have decided that the last round should be held at a longer track. Tending towards Kyoto Ring National.
The Aston Cadet and Club numbers of laps are the wrong way around. Cadet should be 20/40, Club 14/28.

I prefer Fern Bay Green more than KY National, but having all locations (without Westhill of course, restricted FOX on WE1 is the most boring thing ever!) is fine. Maybe a seventh event?
Quote from BAMBO :
Expect a media test event this following weeks to get some pictures, to make a promo video and for the newcomers to the league to get a taste of racing this cars

Do you already know on which track the test event will take place? So I can start to practice
FE2 is the worst Fern Bay track for a race with many people. Other then rally, because there is only one or maybe two passing oportunities. It is a good track for hotlapping, but it is a very dangerous track for a league.

Formula Junior - Season 2
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG