The online racing simulator
Special rule for 19 March 2006 races on South City Sprint Track 1 (35 laps)[/B]

Does that mean I can now push as hard as i want and not worry about crashing to much as I can always reset

Surely that can't be right ??????

Wouldn't it be better to use NASSA's approach and allow Shift & S at least you forfeit your laps ?
Quote from Wakey :Does that mean I can now push as hard as i want and not worry about crashing to much as I can always reset

Surely that can't be right ??????

Yeah, it surely is not. illepall
no
Well Wakey, you can't crash too much in the MRT before it is awful to drive, at this stage if you are a danger on track putting the other racers at risk then you may be requested to spectate (unless it's the last lap maybe).

Sure you can reset your car after a couple of crashes, but the point still is NOT to crash as if you do you're more likely to sustain heavy damage.

This rule is more or less for any small spin or bumps that send drivers into a situation where they would normally be able to reverse out.

With no pitlane you cannot repair damage, if you are wrecked then spectate asap to prevent further accidents, just a note, if a driver continues to drive a wrecked car around track and refuses to spectate and they cause accidents they will be forced to spectate and probably be in big trouble after race too.

This special rule does not give licence to drive like a maniac, if you want to do that then go to one of the FM Oval servers
Quote from russraine :Well Wakey................................

With no pitlane you cannot repair damage, if you are wrecked then spectate asap to prevent further accidents, just a note, if a driver continues to drive a wrecked car around track and refuses to spectate and they cause accidents they will be forced to spectate and probably be in big trouble after race too.

But if you were wrecked wouldn't you just reset??????????
I'm with you on this one wakey, the mrt has a unique appeal and this dumbing down does nothing to enhance the experience
resetting
The reset button (space bar by default) just flips your car the right away around, you do not get repaired. You only get repaired in the pit lane, and there is no pitlane.

Manual pitting, Shift and S or ESC is against OLFSL rules, even in this event.
OK now I'm confused. I can see resetting after a spin that leaves me nose first in the wall, something within my control.
But are you saying that as a victim of another drivers offences, I can reset every time, regardless of results or damage, as long as its safe?
Are you sure??? I thought it did repair the car aswell
Oops, threads posting too fast.
-
(varjsa-9) DELETED by varjsa-9
Quote from Wakey :Are you sure??? I thought it did repair the car aswell

Try it, it does not
Just tried it and it did repair Damage
In multiplayer mode?
So in Multiplayer it doesn't is that right?
That's correct.
:ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:
Quote from MARSH2a :OK now I'm confused. I can see resetting after a spin that leaves me nose first in the wall, something within my control.
But are you saying that as a victim of another drivers offences, I can reset every time, regardless of results or damage, as long as its safe?

Well yes, in this event only!

If you cause a bigger accident with resetting then there is a penalty (check the olfsl site) so check it is safe before hitting space and you'll be ok.
Quote from Wakey ::ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

Questions are free, mistakes are costly.
:grouphug:
I dont (or didnt) think that reseting in an MP game fixes your damage.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :I dont (or didnt) think that reseting in an MP game fixes your damage.

Dan,

I did illepall
-
(Mrs FienDi) DELETED by Mrs FienDi
Quote from Wakey :I did illepall

Well now you know
I'm not too fond of this resetting-rule exception either... :/

And if there would be just two, who finish the race, so what? Maybe then they will TAKE CARE for once! I'm saying that, being one that might not finish, but then, it's bad luck... I know, there'll be resetting frenzy now, on EVERY race, not just the last few pools...

"Whoops, I crashed into the wall and flipped my car... But hey, I don't care, 'cause I can just reset and go on! Wohoo!"

Sorry, but I think this is the worst exception to the rules you can possibly make...
Quote from Wakey :I did illepall

Well, I am sorry to say this, but I just tested it and pressing space to reset the car IN MULTIPLAYER DOES NOT fix damage, it does in single player and hotlap modes, but not MP, at least, thats the way it is on my system.

Dan,
Your Right!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG