The online racing simulator
how are peeps?
How are peeps finding SO Sprint 1?

Solar Hydro has pointed out there is no pitlane, are you guys finding the fuel and tyres lasting ok for 35 laps, I think the should be, we need some brave guys to test this for us.

Tyres shouldnt be a problem, did 20 laps and they had barely warmed up, the only thing I think is going to cause problems is the lack of reverse gear, one single slip up, which in the MRT is easy considering its mental snap oversteer, and you are in the barrier with no way of reversing out, race over.

Dan,
yes
I just did a tyre and fuel test, I agree, they should be fine.

The lack of reverse gear is tricky, maybe everyone should create an F Key with the following.

"I am stuck in the wall/tyres, please push me back the right way!"
It's all about control with the MRT, not how fast you go but how long you lap before messing up.

We're gonna tune 'em up this Sunday.
Hmmm, yea the MRT is dodgy, Quite a while ago I was trying the combo in hotlapping with a inferno set, doesnt take long to get used to but online it sucks when your pc lags, I suppose it will just be the most careful driver that wins this one.

Ps, I feel sorry for all the Keyboard and Mouse users out there, I tried MRT when I just started playing S2, that was hard :P
Buahahahaha...you found there is no pits

Does someone happen to remember where those holes there in T1/T2 in S1? I hit them and spin every second lap, going to be intresting race because mrt hasent got a reverse gear if someone has noticed that

edit. oh..gotta make FF a skin..going to make it totally different color again...just to tease Solar

buaahahahaa
#7 - t1ger
Wierd one this combo for me. I prefer the faster cars like the MRT and with the Inferno set I am already into the high 56s, but I think I can get lower but I will struggle to hit the 55s barrier. The bit I am not looking forward to is the track and 35 laps of it. This is going to be tricky, to say the least.

Tim
Was racing on there last night with some guys, and its the ironworks (drain covers) in the road on T1 and T2 that are going to cause the most trouble, hit one of those with even an ounce of throttle and bye-bye rear end.

This race is going to be tortiose/hare stuff I think, even if you are fast 1 slip up and your race is over due to the lack of reverse.

Dan,
Well it's not that black and white, but yeah - those covers make it really hard. And even if one can avoid those there are fellow racers to bump into, and bumping into you.

Going to be a challenging race - again
I think it'll be more of a massacre than a race... I hope, SolarHydro is prepared for some serious workload...

As for the setupfield-set: Nobody found that 6th gear is way off powerband?
Quote from bbman :I think it'll be more of a massacre than a race... I hope, SolarHydro is prepared for some serious workload...

As for the setupfield-set: Nobody found that 6th gear is way off powerband?

I think that it is, but I don't see anybody getting much faster than 108 down the hill either way.

The track is tough. We ran about 8 races on it tonight with as many as 10 people. Turn one was pretty bad. But if we all got through, passing was even tougher, except for the draft. I am trying to build a safe consistent set, but if I get off my line at all, I either have to go really, slow, or I eat a wall. I can do ten laps with no problems, but then I wreck twice in a row on the next two laps. You really have to keep your concentration up... and that is with no other cars on the track.

With no pits, this could be down to whoever is left on the track at the end.
I guess I will have to try and soften the set more and not have it bottom out so much.illepall
Quote from Hallen :With no pits, this could be down to whoever is left on the track at the end.

16 men enter, one man leaves.

This is fabulous combo, since it really calls for different setups for hotlapping and racing.
Quote from Hallen :

The track is tough. We ran about 8 races on it tonight with as many as 10 people. Turn one was pretty bad.

Lag Lap is a Must for this Race and everyone is going to have to USE the mirrors alot.

Get lots of practice in guys, and good luck we'll all need it hehe
Quote from AtomAnt :Lag Lap is a Must for this Race and everyone is going to have to USE the mirrors alot.

Yellow flags are also one thing that need attention. Ease down everybody on yellows; there's most likely a car or few sideways behind next corner.
Quote from Julppu :Yellow flags are also one thing that need attention. Ease down everybody on yellows; there's most likely a car or few sideways behind next corner.

This is also in OLFSL rules and penalties will be given if this rule is violated. It's there to prevent accidents.
Special rule for 19 March 2006 races on South City Sprint Track 1 (35 laps)
Given that there is no pit on South City Sprint Track 1, and taking into account the outcome of the tuneup races, the OLFSL staff hereby announces a special rule (deviation from standard rules) valid only for the races to be held on 19 March 2006.

Resetting your car will exceptionally be permitted during the race, but subject to special scrutiny and subject to penalties in case of misuse. (resetting is achieved by pressing the space bar - this is LFS' default setting)

If you need to reset your car, please carefully check whether no other cars are near or are approaching, by using the look features and by checking the map in the upper left corner.

In case a car reset causes disruption of another drivers' race, and a complaint is registered, the offending driver will lose all points from this event, and a further 100 points will be deducted from the offenders' season points. These exceptional penalties are introduced to prevent misuse of the exceptional reset allowance.

All other rules remain in full effect. Manual pitting is not allowed. Please pay particular attention to the rules on yellow and blue flags and relating to driving a heavily damaged car (even more relevant in the absence of a pit).
This is really a pity!
Exactly that would have been the special excitement of this event to drive clean and faultless in order not to get stuck at the wall. Now it will get a hot-lapping character as it was the case in the NASSA tune up race...
But isn't it nice to get more than 2 cars over the finish line too?
Quote from varjsa-9 :But isn't it nice to get more than 2 cars over the finish line too?

If one of those two cars is mine... no

But no kidding, I think a lot more people in the league are able to keep 35 laps without spinning. The tune up race is not a good reference, it's meant for test purposes and many people drove beyond there limit... don't think they will do so in the race next sunday.
Quote from lowgoods :Exactly that would have been the special excitement of this event to drive clean and faultless in order not to get stuck at the wall.

You can still drive clean and faultless, that doesn't have to change. But not all accidents are caused by the driver himself/herself, so you could end up getting a DNF because somebody else pushed you to a wall and you can't get anywhere. I bet you'd love to be able to use reset then, so you could finish your race anyway.

If MRT had a reverse gear, this would not be needed, but it doesn't have that luxory. I for one would not want to spectate in the middle of a race because someone pushed me to a wall and I can't get the car back on track because I can only go forward with it!
How pissed off would you be if you spun on the 1st lap and couldnt reset?

Dan,
Quote from lowgoods :The tune up race is not a good reference, it's meant for test purposes and many people drove beyond there limit...

First of all, we know that and that is why we have tested this ourselves.

Second.. I've seen pretty much every possible thing that can happen/people can do on track, so I think we need this rule.
Quote from danowat :Was racing on there last night with some guys, and its the ironworks (drain covers) in the road on T1 and T2 that are going to cause the most trouble, hit one of those with even an ounce of throttle and bye-bye rear end.

Practicing on our server the other night, CWMAX visited and sent me a cool setup. I can hammer those manhole covers at full throttle with just a little bump, while running 0:57's. I know its a little slow but until then I had to try to avoid them.
Quote from danowat :How pissed off would you be if you spun on the 1st lap and couldnt reset?

Well, shit happens...

Anyway, when most people want a reset I can perfectly live with it. It's just that I personally would have been happier without... no big deal.
I think it would have been more of a challenge without.......................
But who am I anyway.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG